Hey guys (and girls), what do you think about red lips?

Trashy, awesome, ugly, sexy? Is it better on blondes or brunettes, or is it just horrible (or totally gorgeous) on everyone?

link or link

Just tell us all your personal views on le red lipstick!

Most Helpful Girl

• i think gwen's is too bright while the other one is good. I think red lips can look very sexy if done right. in a more subtle tone of red than bright wham bam lipstick. and if red lips are worn the rest of the makeup should be neutral colored and light. but they can definitely look very sexy.

What Guys Said 8

• Bright red? Only for costume parties or something like that. Otherwise, the closer to natural color, the better. Otherwise, you just look silly imao. Not sexy, just plain silly!

• i think its cool and all- but only to be used in special situations xD. you can't exactly say- oh, I'm not wearing much makeup when your lips are dark, dark red.

• It all just depends.

Gwen Stefani is a good example. She's an older chick with a great body & cool overall vibe. But without makeup I doubt most people would even recognize her, from the neck up. Which isn't a good thing.

It's a cliche but natural is always better. Always, always, always. Not that there's anything wrong with adding some enhancement (makeup, whatever) but that stuff should complement the natural beauty, not the other way around.

• Bright red, no, only works for like a costume party or something. Other shades of it maybe, but I'm not really big on lipstick in general.

• That would depend on the person wearing it, but the color draws attention to the lips alot. And it looks better on brunettes than blondes.

• Deep, cherry reds are good on rockabilly and punk girls. Can't really see it on preps.

Lipstick in general is better for certain higher affairs, though so save the red for date night or a dinner party.

• I think to is good red make you hot

• I am alright with it...the stuff I hate is concealer, blush, foundation & bronzer...gag.../:

What Girls Said 11

• Red lips are amazing. It's a classy look but you can also make it really edgy. I know few people who can't rock red lips. It can look good on anyone as long as it doesn't clash with the rest of your make up.

• I think red lips look amazing for those who can pull it off. Especially when it looks like it's lip bitten RED. Unfortunately, I don't have the look to pull it off.

• I think red lips can be okay but a bit sharp..

I think brighter lips can really brighten up a girl's whole face, bright pink lipstain is my best friend ;)

• I love red lips (of course there's a time and place for it), like old hollywood glam link

link

• depends on the person. looks good on you.

• its pretty but at times its just over the top, and not for everyone

• i do love red lips ..though not everyone looks good with them.

• i think it's sexy :)

• It looks horrible on pale people

• it would depend on the red.

i liked the first link, it's not that ''bright'' as the 2nd one.

and it would depend on the skin color.

not all red can suit ''you''. link but I don't usually like it because it makes ''you'' look trashy if not used with the right style/outfit

• i love it esp because red goes great for my skin tone. I'm pale and my lips are naturally red. so a splash of bright red looks great