Can a girl's body be a deal breaker?

How important a factor is a girl's body when dating her? Guys tell me I have a nice body but I honestly don't see it and I'm always trying to lose weight and trying to get the perfect flat abs body. I'm just worried that after they see me in a swim suit etc they won't be interested anymore. Is a imperfect body a deal breaker?

• Deal Breaker
  • Not a Deal Breaker
  • Show me the answers
Btw not talking about overweight I'm in the health BMI range just not happy with it

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, clothes can only hide so much. If guys think you have a nice body in clothes, then they'll appreciated it just as much, if not more, when your clothes are off. You don't need to have a perfectly toned body to be attractive. In fact, lots of guys prefer "softer" women because they're more "feminine." Everyone has their preferences, so as long as you're comfortable in your skin, someone will think your body's perfect just the way it is.

That being said, physical attraction is important in any relationship. But a lot of the time, physical attraction increases the more you get to know/like a person (personality, etc).

Don't stress. If guys are telling you that you have a nice body, you do. No guy is going to complain about being near a half-naked woman unless you've completely let yourself go and have zero sense of personal hygiene lol.

Good luck! Happy (almost) bikini season! (Depending on where you live). :)

What Guys Said 11

• Yes, a girls' body can be a deal-breaker, but that's something you know within 5 minutes of meeting her; basically, you are either physically attracted to her, or you aren't. And that's mostly things like her face and her overall shape. A guy will know this right away; we have YEARS of experience looking at girls and figuring out what they really look like.

And, keep in mind that different guys like different things. A girl I may have no interest in at all may be the hottest girl on Earth to my buddy, and vice versa. One of my friends really likes tall, Amazon girls. I tend to like petite girls, but then again, I've dated all kinds of types. One guy is mostly only attracted to girls with big hips and butts, and for the most part, he doesn't care what the rest of her looks like. So preferences are all over the map.

But, once a guy like you, a couple of extra pounds or some cellulite is NOT going to be a deal-breaker. Unless you're hiding a dead conjoined fetus or something, that kind of thing isn't going to matter, because he already finds you attractive.

• There are people who have a good personality but not an attractive body. Likewise there are people who have nice bodies but an incompatible personality.

I'm interested in neither of them. I want people who have the best of both worlds. Why? Because I do my best to have both and I think I'm worth nothing less than a partner that does the same.

• thats unfair. my bodys not nice because I've had kids and fed them all. there's nothing I could do to change the damage that's been done but I still make the effort to look nice, dress nice and do my hair and make up. just because a persons got an imperfect figure does not mean she's lazy or doesn't try. sometimes you can't change the bits you don't like. that's a narrowminded attutude you have there sir :(

• Well I suppose it CAN be, but it's usually not just a girl's body that turns you off... I've found some overweight women very attractive, but it really depends on the person. There's a lot more to it than just a woman's figure...

• Very true, I've noticed girls who are chubby but they wear make up and dress nice and they seem to be like nice people and they look AMAZINGLY pretty and on the other hand I've seen skinny girls so skinny who aren't all that attractive. It depends I think on MORE and how well a person takes care o fthemselves and if they are nice and smile :)

• It isn't even anything to do with make up. Some women are just naturally prettier, whether they're in good shape or not. But yes, a cute face and good personality go a long way.

• Its what the inside that matters! Do not be looking at a guy that is into working out because his mentality is different. EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT, you just got to find your type :)

• I won't lie, if a girl becomes terribly obese I would lose a lot of interest in her. I can live with a little flab, but don't go crazy.

• An unattractive body is a deal breaker. An imperfect body is not necessarily an unattractive body.

• well if guys tell you that you have nice body, then you do.

even if some don't think you do, why are you trying to please everyone?

• Imperfect no, major issues yes.

• p**** is a p****. boobs are boobs. so no

• I'm really skinny so I could not date a girl that was much heavier than me. Just wouldn't feel right. So for me, yes, the body can a deal breaker. I mean, I don't need a perfect 10 body, but it would look weird if a skinny guy was with a big girl :P

• To me it only becomes a deal breaker if she is morbidly obese. I am overweight but I am working on changing that to be healthier and look better. I actually just hit the 40 lbs lost mark this morning when I weighed myself. Been working at it since November.

I don't expect her to be super skinny or anything but when it gets to the point that it basically looks like you don't care about yourself then it becomes a problem. A little extra weight is no problem but a lot is (at least to me).

What Girls Said 7

• im havin a similar issue but the other side, my fella finds my body incredily unattractive through no fault of my own. I'm not fat, I'm very toned and fit but I've had 3 kids(inc twins) and breast fed them all so my breasts are droopy and flat and I have a fair bit o loose skin on my tummy and its covered in strach marks. I can't change these things about myself nor do I feel like I should have to. if a man really loves you, he wouldn't care if your body was perfect or not, he love your body the way it is. sounds to me like most men consider it a deal breaker tho which is cruel as I can't do anything bout the damage havin a family has done to my body yet I'm the one who suffers daily as a result. I'm actaully pretty damn hot when I'm dressed. my fella moans at me all the time cos I cover up but the rare times I've not, he's told me to put a bra on so I can't win. I hate my body as a result of someone elses narrowmindedness. if a guy finds a girls body so unattractive, why bother dating her in the first place?

• Let's be honest, guys hate ugly girls. Of course a bad body is a deal breaker.

• and girls hate guys with ugly attutudes like urs. sometimes you can't help the way your body is no matter how hard you try. I eat right, I exsersize and I'm slim, bmi of 21 but it will never change the way I look naked. its attutudes like urs that make women like me wanna tear themselves to bits just to look "normal or attractive".

• Actually... I'm a girl. And also ugly, so I am speaking of my own kind. So I am RIGHT there with you. I'm just tired of guys claiming looks don't matter... when they really really do.

• nobody's perfect! ha ha corny but hannah montana speaks the truth...i mean really look around you in a crowded place and count how many women actually look like victoria's secret models...not many. If a guy does think that's a deal-breaker well he's shallow and it's his loss. Just be healthy!

• For me, I am only attracted to a certain type of woman. I am a lot more particular when it comes to women rather than men... Therefore, a body is a deal breaker for a woman. Not for a man, though.

• Of course it can. Physical attraction is a major part of attraction even though people don't like to think so. Although as long as you are comfortable in your own skin nothing else should matter.

• from my experience, guys like girls with a bit of meat (curvy and voluptuous) eg. big hips or breasts, a bit of a belly, thighs, etc..

• Well it's pretty important to me that a guy has a good body, so I guess it would be the same thing the other way around. And it's not just because it is physically more attractive when a guy has a fit, healthy body, there are other reasons too. I mean, if he is overweight then that shows a total lack of pride and respect in himself. And if he can't even love himself enough to take care of his own body, then how is he supposed to care for a girlfriend or partner?

Also, I want a man that is healthy. There are enough health risks as it is, so I don't want to be with someone who is heightening those risks unnecessarily. I wouldn't date a smoker, drug user or drinker either. It's the same thing.

It's got nothing to do with being shallow. I find it extremely easy to take good care of my body. It's so easy to eat right and exercise! That's what people don't seem to realise. It's not like you can never have that piece of cake or go to McDonalds again. You can-but just pair it with exercise, and eat in moderation. Easy.