What does it mean when a girl can't look you in the eyes?

I work with this girl who will look at me once and then look away. For ex. she will hand me something, look at my face and I'll focus on getting the object from her and she will be looking in a completely different direction when I look up. I'll talk to her and she'll maybe glance at my face once or twice. She'll say what's up her and there with a big smile but when we get like closer to each other like physically for her to pass me something she'll never look at my face. I just met her a week ago or so so I really have no type of feel on her yet and have no idea what's up with her lol. What do you guys think?

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with everyone else: she's interested. The lack of eye contact may be because she's self-conscious or afraid of you getting a good look at her face. It also could be to avoid blushing in front of you; eye contact makes people feel more connected and she may be avoiding it so that her face doesn't flush after feeling connected with you.

What Girls Said 4

• she digs you

• she likes you I mean I can't look at a guy when I first meet him and think I like him lol its a girl thing!

• maybe she likes you but she is scared to give you eye contact because of what you may think or say.

• Maybe she's shy. I can't look into the eyes of the guy I like right now. I don't know him that well either. If she knew you better she would probably be able to look into your eyes.

What Guys Said 1

• I have the same problem how I fixed it was I just kept letting her catch me looking at her and I would give her flattering comments to show her that I liked her too. Three days later we were going out. Hope that helps.