Why are guys so insecure about height?

when it comes to height questions on gag there is always an epic short guy getting angry at people with preferences. seems like height is just as much of an issue besides penis size. guys :why is height such an issue?

Most Helpful Guy

• Most women make it explicitly clear how important height is a as a requirement. On top of that fact, the height which they are requiring is that of an above average male.

If every girl walked around claiming their guy must have a 10inch d***, I'm pretty sure you would have a sh*t load of guys who are insecure about their penis size (well more so than they are now). It's no different that girls being insecure about boobs size because guys mention it so much.

Dating sites are a good example of this. I spent about a year in and out of different dating sites in the past. I would always filter out girls that were far taller than me (I'm only 5'4), since for one, I knew they wouldn't date me, and two, I really just prefer a girl who is about my height or shorter, but that's it. I'm not super picky. However, even when stumbling onto profiles of girl who were barely over 5ft tall, they all had requirements that their dates be 5'10 or 6ft or something stupid like that. literally 90% of the women had such a requirement.

You probably just don't understand it because you are one of those few girls that doesn't really are about height, but if you got turned down 10x over because your boobs were too small, I'm pretty sure you would be insecure about them too.

• im a DD. my guy actually prefers small breasts but I've never been turned down due to that. as far as being 5'4 and it being hard to find a girl I would understand. the average height for a woman is 5'4. women do like guys taller than her in heels. you are right I don't understand but I do wish you all the best in finding someone

• Well guys don't turn down girls because of breast size, but I'm saying that if they did, you would be far more insecure about them. If your boyfriend left you because your t*ts were too big, I'm sure you would be very concerned about your breast size and wish they were smaller. I have my fair share of women, just not as much success as I would if I was taller. I honestly believe that I would be swimming in women if I was 6ft tall. I know it sounds arrogant but its the truth.

• Well no one can have it all :/ I feel like I would be a lot hotter with bigger boobs, but I realized Ill just have to live with them... it sucks having insecurities, but everyone has them

What Guys Said 7

• Probably because over 1/3 of women explicitly mention height as a requirement in personal ads, and those that do are almost always looking for taller then average males.

Look how freaked out guys are about penis size. Imagine if 1/3 of women in _all_ dating ads mentioned a minimal, above average, penis size?

• Because height and penis size is something guys can't change. Women tend to like taller men and bigger penises. If you don't have those, you can feel insecure about it. Just like women with weight and breast size.

• I don't know.. actually just here I've noticed it.. and you know - it makes a lot of sense! Because in high school it's always the short guys who are the most annoying a**holes.

I'm a tall guy and those height questions actually make me feel better!

• because people are SO SHALLOW when it comes to height preference which is something we can't control?

• Because girls prefer tall guys? That seems to be the case on this website anyway. And it seems to ring true, at least where I'm from. I'm only average height but I can safely say that I see waaaay more tall guys with chicks than short guys. And you gotta feel for the short guys. Even girls who are barely 5ft want guys who are like 6ft. It's kinda like tall chicks who are close to 6ft being overlooked by guys who are like 6'2''-6'4'' because those guys want girls who are like 5ft - 5'6''. Both parties are guilty of this.

• Some guys love to blame the thing that is out of their control.

Then they have a reason not to change anything about themselves.

Because the thing which they are unable to change, is (supposedly) the only thing stopping them from being a super stud.

Everything else about them is just awesome-sauce.

A guy who's 5'4" doesn't want to hear stories about guys shorter than him scoring with good looking taller girls. If he does hear them, he'll try desperately to show that they had something he lacks. Like fame, fortune, a good car, or a good job. It will never be that the guy simply wasn't hung up on his height and had the game to get the girl he wanted.

A friend of mine from Wales is a bit of a short-arse. He gets good natured ribbing about it on occasion, (and it is quite rare) but he's never once let it stop him from getting the girl he wanted. He's engaged now, to a lovely Irish girl who's good at Irish Dancing. And yeah, she's leggy, and taller than him.

• Well I'm 5'4, good looking, work out in the gym, work on my game, have a good job and money, drive a nice car, half many unique talents and hobbies, am out going, have a huge social circle, am extremely well liked by women and men, have great fashion sense (or so I'm told by WOMEN), yes guys who have no job, dress like slobs, are d***s, and look funny but are a foot taller than me are crawling in women. So it does make me wonder sometimes. So no I'm not one of those short & LAZY guys.

• Because women love tall guys? Have you read the height questions? Almost all the answers are for tall guys. Even if they just say "taller than me" all they read are the ones that write "taller than 6'0".

I think I'd trade being tall for having a better penis, though. Give me a solid 7 1/2 inches with some extra girth over being 6'2 any day.

What Girls Said 0