Do guys prefer short girls or tall girls?

I'm 4'10 yes I know I'm really short. The guy I like is well over a foot taller than me and I just wanted to know if height is really a problem. Do guys prefer short or tall girls?

This question has a poll!

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I'm more than a full foot taller than you at 6'2" and love that height. You feel really small and girly, and I can be really big and manly. The contrast is nice. I love short women! Fun to cuddle with, and if we get married, fun to throw around in the bed too. ;)

What Guys Said 81

• It depends on the guy. As for me, I am a tall skinny guy who stands 6-foot-1 so I gravitated toward short heavyset girls. Case in point. One of my short heavyset girlfriends was more fat than stocky and she was incredibly strong! She stood only 4-foot-9 but she weighed in at a massive 190 pounds while I weighed in at a measly 125 pounds (10 lbs skinnier than I am right now) even though I towered over her by an incredible sixteen inches! One day, she boldly challenged me to a weightlifting contest to find out which one of us could lift a bigger, heavier barbell overhead. I figured I could easily outlift her simply because I stood way taller than she did without even considering the fact that she far outweighed me. She came over to my place where there was a big, heavy, fully-loaded barbell that I had already set up on the floor. I already knew I wasn't strong enough to lift it over my head because I had already tried. I watched her while she lifted that big heavy barbell up from the floor and then she easily swung it up over her shoulders and then she easily lifted it over her head. I just stood there, STUNNED! I told her I couldn't do it but she still wanted to see me try (she said to me: "Now let's see you do it"). While she looked on, I lifted that big, heavy barbell up from the floor but when I tried to lift it over my head, I COULDN'T EVEN GET IT ABOVE MY THIGHS! It didn't turn her off. In fact, it turned the both of us on! Afterward, we both walked over to the sofa where she and I began kissing each other passionately and caressing each other while we both stood in front of each other. I was barechested. I stood so much taller than she did that my nipples actually rose above her mouth!

• Honestly, I PREFER tall girls, around my height or taller. It is just a preference.

BUT it doesn't mean I wasn't in a relationship with a petite one. My last relationship was with a 4'11/5'0 girl. I'm 5'10 myself.

• Tall girls! I want a girl who is as tall as me or even taller, I think it'd be cute for me to kiss her with me being shorter!

• Personally, I don't have any height requirements. I look ore at the eyes and facial features for the physical and then I look inward for charisma, character and chemistry. Generally though, most of the girls I've dated tend to be shorter (between 4'11 and 5'2), but I have dated and would never exclude a woman who was closer to my height.

Generally it all comes down to how well you match up in terms of personality, chemistry and compatibility than how you measure up height wise.

I voted C because I really don't place height constraints on the women I'm attracted to.

• i like taller girls. I think they are attractive.

• I like short and tallk girls as long as they are fine ill date them.

• I'm 6'7, I really don't have a preference.but if I had to choose a woman that's shorter than me

• woow! your tall so cool

• Sex is difficult if a girl is too much shorter so I'd prefer a girl who is 2 - 5 inches shorter than me. That would be a girl that is 5'9? - 6'.�

• *5'9''

• Short girls, short girls! I'd rather date someone who is 4'10 than someone who is my height (6'0). Tall girls feel more like buddies than lovers, they don't make me melt inside like short girls do. :)

• shorter but having cleavage directly at eye level may be a nice change lol

• Tell him you want to try something new. If he likes sex and he likes seeing you satisfied

..he will say yes. If he says no...then he is not too confident in himself.

• I got a questing for everyone... Why does it matter if she tall or short as long she makes you happy and you both get along hahahahaha everyone see picky these daysss

• THANK YOU

• Seriously. My sze doesn't give off anything about who I am.

• Girls of any height can look cute or hot, but short girls look too compact for my liking. I find myself more attracted to tall girls.

• Shorter girls are cuter

4"10' I dated girls with that height, I liked it.

My girl is 6"

I'm 6"4'

We fit together, but nothing else fits her.

It is difficult for her to get a cute look

• It depends. My girl friend is around 5.3" and I'm around 6. Even though I like tall girls I love my girlfriend she is de best.

• as long as she is shorter than me, than I'm all good. but if she's taller than me, then I'd probably be a bit hesitant.

• I want girls to be cute, I think shorter is cute...

• Tall, but still shorter than me. 5'8 to 5'11 would be perfect.

• Everyone has their own tastes, sweetheart. I stand at 6"4' so it really doesn't matter what her height is, but the really short guys might prefer someone their own height. :P

• I am 6"4" too and I agree with you

• I dislike dwarves.

• I'd punch you right back xP

• :D don't take it personally Bt I'd have to punch you in the face if I ever saw you in person.

• I have you a thumbs down for disrespecting Tolkien.

• Show Older
  • I'm more partial to tall girls, but I'm 6'3"

• I like taller girls. I think there's something weird of towering over girls when they're not in heels. I'd go five inches less but probably no less so 5'5 is my cut off.

• I'm 5'9 so I prefer 5'0-5'8, short girls are more cute in a way but tall can be sexy as well :)

• Height doesn’t always have to matter, but preferably the guy should be taller than the girl so in your case, it might work.

• I'm 6'2" and while I like girls of any height, it is awesome to see girls 5'10"+. It's great being able to see eye-to-eye. But I almost dated a girl your height, actually. But if I could find a girl who is tall, gangly, and super-geeky. That would be perfect.

• i am 6'0 exactly so I prefer 5'9 -5'11

• well I'm 6,4 hahaha and I'm usually taller then everone but I don't have a problem about it. it depends on how you feel about him and if he makes you happy because that all that matters

• I'm really tall so I prefer tall girls, and they usually have nicer bodies too. I don't want a girl half my size.

• My preference is usually for short girls, because they are the ones I actually have a chance with. if a taller girl showed interest though, I wouldn't mind dating her either. But that never happens, so I'm usually with shorter women.

• I find that I am more attracted to short girls. Short to me is like 5'1''-5'6''. I just think they're so much cuter. Now, that doesn't mean I am not attracted to other girls...I just notice the short ones first.

• If you ask if we like girls shorter than we are, then yes, I would prefer that. If you ask if we like short or tall girls, out of the two girls shorter than me, I'd prefer the taller one. A girl in 5'7 to 5'10' range seems ideal.

• i actually like girls of my height not taller, not too short either.

• Most guys prefer girls shorter than they are so you are in luck!

• I don't have a preference, but I do sort of get the following vibes:

Short girls tend to be cuter and easier to pick up and carry around and do other things with (*wink wink, nudge nudge*). I feel like they can be bubbly and warm.

Tall girls tend to have really nice bodies (isn't height a requirement for being a model?) and have physically more to love ('twice the size, twice the ride' *wink wink, nudge nudge*). I feel like they can be really cool, too, for some reason, but intimidating to approach.

I'm a slightly short guy (5'8") who has never had a girlfriend, though, so maybe that's why height doesn't matter to me. If the rest are like me, then short guys just want love.

• Okay, let's clarify things because I might be misreading you as well;

When I first used 'pick up' I meant physically. As in something physically smaller will undoubtedly be easier to carry. That's not to say that tall girls can't be light. This is just the vibe I get.

When you replied I thought you meant pickup as in 'land a date with'. I also saw the thumbs down on my post along with your reply...

Then I replied with the 'land a date with' meaning, because from my POV you misunderstood.

• Wait, I don't think you understood what I meant by 'pick up'. I meant physically carry.

Ugh, but I can tell you didn't actually read everything I said...

• No, I think the difficulty in picking up women is that all women are attracted to tall guys.

You completely misread me.

• Show Older
  • i like shorter girls, my girlfriend is shorter and I like it. even though I make fun of it sometimes. :P

• My ex did tht too and it drove me nuts. I get it I'm short. Get over it.

• I know I am not going to definitely answer your question due to the fact that I like both. I do not have a preference in height. I mainly are attracted to her legs. I have checked out and liked legs on both short girls and tall girls. But if you are short, I will find you hott if you are not fat. Tall girls have more room to play in that category. But I would say I have been driven nuts by more short girls than tall. But it all depends on her legs.

• Can't lie I'm a sucker for taller girls, I'm a short guy, but still don't care. I wouldn't disregard a short girl though.

• I'd take tall over short any day.

• Since I prefer cute over sexy, I don't really like tall girls. Short is great!

• Right now it's 50/50 which in all probabality means that guys like girls to be shorter than them, but for the girl to be around average height for a girls. I'm 186 cm +- 6'1 and I like my girls to be between 165cm(5'4) and 190cm (6'2 ). Being a guy and knowing many guys height is not a top 5 priorty for guys as it is for girls so you shouldn't worry about it.

• Oh thank you kind sir :)

• Just clarification for you 165cm is 5'5, and 190cm is 6'3.

• Tall girls are usually hotter, there's a reason models are tall. I'm a sucker for long legs too!

• Show More

What Girls Said 46

• I'm 5'3 and my boyfriend is 6'2. I admit I wear heels when I'm around him just so I can kiss him easier lol.

• I'm 5'4 and most guys that approach me are 6ft and taller but I'm glad I'm short because I like them tall

• I hope short because I'm 5"4'! Lol

• This is an old question, but oh well...

I'm 5'4 and where I come from, that's borderline midget. My boyfriend is 6'5 and the average male by me is 6'2. The average female is 5'9. He likes me just fine so...I'm gonna go with short girls, I think...

• Everyone is unique and everyone has a different taste.

• I'm 5'2 lol...Pretty short...

Oh well, what can you do?

• I'm 4'10 too *high-fives* >.< my boyfriend's 6ft.. and I've dated guys who are taller.. and so has my mom (she's 4'11).. so I don't think you need to worry :D

• I don't think it really matters to them.

• Even if guys like tall girls lets be honest how many couples do you see with a taller girl

• medium height 'cause I am of medium height(5'5) :P

• I'm seriously surprised on how much guys like taller girls! I knew that some guys do like tall girls but wow. Guess I shouldn't be taking girl advised on guys XD If anyone cares, I'm 5'3 :)

• I don't think this poll is representative, not enough participants. There have been studies on this matter with way more people and the results were always that way more guys prefer short girls. :) I do, too, by the way. :)

• I always think tall girls are prettier. They look elegant I'm five feet and I feel like a little awkward kid even though in 18. I wish inwere just average height

• I'd take someone who's 5 feet in a heartbeat :) I'm 6 foot and a girl my height feels more like a buddy and way too manly. Short girls make me melt, they are almost always elegant and sexy. Be proud of your height, have confidence. :)

• Oh I think it's funny. I was quoting it so...awkward

• Nope I've never seen it

• Show Older
  • I wish I could date one of those nba players that are like 7'4 so I could feel girlycute/fun sized. I'm 5'9 and my boyfriend is 6'3 and I am the tallest girl he has ever dated it sucks. Short girls are so lucky.

• being 5ยด11" I definitely prefer taller guys, I would feel like a giant if not... hopefully some guys can dig that as well :)

• I am 5 '2 and always have been hit on by 6' or over I love it, but I love big guys, and they seem to love me:)

• I'm a 6' guy and I melt inside when I see short girls. :[ They are the best.

• There is advantage on both sides. Short girls are more youthful and cute, tall girls have long sexy legs.

• Taller girls than I am (5'4")... So 5'6" - 5''9". Now the only trick is to telling if they're flirting with me or just being friendly.

• I always thought that guys usually prefer girls who they can be taller than, so it can be relative. Then again, some guys do find taller girls more attractive because height and posture speaks a lot about the confidence of girls.

• I'm on the shorter side (5'2). I've noticed that taller guys are more attracted to me in general (6'1 and taller) than shorter guys are (5'6 and under). I think that as humans we generally try to balance out our genes subconsciously.

• Im short and I say average height guys like me more than tall

• Idk, I'm really short. Like I'm only 5feet, but I think I'm TOO short. I might get lost in the blankets on a king sized bed.

• You are welcome. I've always found myself attracted to short girls. I'm 6'0 and 5'0-ish girls make me melt inside. :) I just feels so romantic and sexy at the same time, protecting and caring for her. A girl my height feels more like a good buddy to me. So don't worry about it. Short girls rock. :)

• Thank you. I kind of make fun of my own height at times. I think it's ironic since all of my siblings are freakishly tall and I'm below average.

• 5 feet is perfect for a woman, you are not too short :)

• As long as you don't look like Snookie I'm sure you're fine lol.

• I've asked a few guys about this, basically most of them agreed that they wouldn't be comfortable with a girl taller than them (though I do personally know a few couples like this). However, they also said that there was such a thing as being "too short", to the point where the girl's height (or lack of I guess) annoyed them. I'm about 5'7" I think, my boyfriend 6'3", when I asked him he basically told me I was about as short as he'd go.

• Another option: Who likes medium height girls? (5'0-5'5")

• I say tall because long legs are nice to look at. But guys like girls who are shorter than they.

-love Sosa

• do you consider 5'4"/4.5" short or tall? Because that's meee lol

I was gonna explain why some prefer what they do, but you know what...

Dont worry about this. you're either going to grow a bit more or you're stuck where you are. can't change it, no sense in concerning yourself with whether or not guys in general like it. embrace your height and learn to love it. go out and be you. someone will like you. focus on whether or not this guy specifically likes you, not whether or not men in general like your height or dont. I know its easy to do the latter, I think most of us do that as well at some point. put yourself out there, chat him up, and give signs that you're interested while figuring out if he likes you. please don't be one of those "Ive barely spoken to him, but does he like short girls?!" people. you'll drive yourself f***ing crazy and assume that every time someone doesn't like you, or it just doesn't happen between you two, its because of your height when it could be a ton of other reasons.

• Wow... Good coment

• i consider that just fine =)

• I would like to consider myself of average height, 5'6". So what about that?

• I'm 5'0 and I have many guys telling me they love short and cute girls like me. But I personally think that tall girls are much sexier than short girls.

• im fairly tall (5"9) and in my experience I havnt really had any trouble with getting a guy unless the guy is shorter then me. in wich case I only go for men who are taller then me anyways!

I think it depends. If you're shorter then the guy I'm sure he won't have a problem, but if you're taller then him it all depends on how secure he is with himself, if he can handle a tall powerful woman!

• short guys like short girls, tall guys like tall girls:)

• @SteelyMcBeam Not true. I dated a guy who was 5'7". He was still seven inches taller but he was actually a short guy for society

• Correction:

All girls like tall guys, short guys like all girls

No girls like short guys:(

• I've noticed that when it comes to dating that guys just want a girl that isn't taller than them. But I'm 5'3 and my male friends have told me that in terms of attractiveness they'd consider someone my height to be cute and pretty rather than hot and sexy. Not necessarily a bad thing in my opinion. I think it all boils down to your personality and the connection you have. If you guys click well then then the height difference won't even be noticeable to either of you.

• seems that most guys like shorter girls. threyre just hotter

• Actually, shorter girls are cuter. Taller girls have the nicer bodies.

But height isn't an issue for women. If a girl likes a guy (regardless of size) she just needs to tell him she likes him.

No, the real reason these questions pop-up is because of all girls having interest in getting attention from tall guys. It's stupid in so many ways.

• Any guy who actually cares about a girl's height is not worth it. As a girl, I prefer to date guys who are at least as tall as me, but height is not a deal breaker.

• Im 5'9... boizzzz?

• No but the ridiculous part is because it makes me feel insecure about me.. the guy could be otherwise perfect.

• But would you date a guy who is 5'8"...

Too bad I wasn't born when that was the average *sigh*

• Personally, I LOOOOOOOVE short girls. I know tons of guys who feel the same way, but at the same time height usually isn't a deal breaker.

• I'm 5'3, and I've been on three dates with a guy who is 6'7!

• Short but still average! Meaning not so short 5'0 to 5'5

• nooooo I'm not prefered

• I'm 5'4 and my guy is 6'3 and I love it because I can wear 5 inch heels and he is still taller than me! But I have never dated a guy under 6'0 I like tall guys!

• Wow, I didn't expect it to be so close for the men. I'm 5'1" and from experience, guys tend to go for girls who will still be shorter than them with heels on.

• I think most guys prefer short girls. Or at least shorter than them. I was with a 6'2 guy once who really liked girls around 5'3.

• Show More