Do guys prefer short girls or tall girls?

I'm 4'10 yes I know I'm really short. The guy I like is well over a foot taller than me and I just wanted to know if height is really a problem. Do guys prefer short or tall girls?

This question has a poll!

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I'm more than a full foot taller than you at 6'2" and love that height. You feel really small and girly, and I can be really big and manly. The contrast is nice. I love short women! Fun to cuddle with, and if we get married, fun to throw around in the bed too. ;)

What Guys Said 81

• Dem shorties, honestly I prefer shorter than me. Somewhere from 5'10 and below

• My preference is usually for short girls, because they are the ones I actually have a chance with. if a taller girl showed interest though, I wouldn't mind dating her either. But that never happens, so I'm usually with shorter women.

• I tend to be attracted to girls on the shorter side but I wouldn't overlook someone for being tall. I've never met a girl who was taller than me anyway not that that would influence my opinion about them.

• Right now it's 50/50 which in all probabality means that guys like girls to be shorter than them, but for the girl to be around average height for a girls. I'm 186 cm +- 6'1 and I like my girls to be between 165cm(5'4) and 190cm (6'2 ). Being a guy and knowing many guys height is not a top 5 priorty for guys as it is for girls so you shouldn't worry about it.

• Just clarification for you 165cm is 5'5, and 190cm is 6'3.

• Oh thank you kind sir :)

• Same height to -8" seems to be ideal for dancing, hugging, etc. = quite a rangeotherwise, other features take the lead, such as looks, personality, IQ/conversations

• Short girls are much sweeter for me.

• Don't have a preference

• i actually like girls of my height not taller, not too short either.

• I'm more partial to tall girls, but I'm 6'3"

• I'm only just under 5'6". I'd prefer girls to be around my height, but that isn't saying I wouldn't go for a taller one if we clicked.

• I only date short girls.

• I think short women are cute.

• Personally, I prefer short girls. I don't know if this the case for guys in general.

• I find that I am more attracted to short girls. Short to me is like 5'1''-5'6''. I just think they're so much cuter. Now, that doesn't mean I am not attracted to other girls...I just notice the short ones first.

• I'm 6'2" and while I like girls of any height, it is awesome to see girls 5'10"+. It's great being able to see eye-to-eye. But I almost dated a girl your height, actually. But if I could find a girl who is tall, gangly, and super-geeky. That would be perfect.

• I like taller girls. I think there's something weird of towering over girls when they're not in heels. I'd go five inches less but probably no less so 5'5 is my cut off.

• I dislike dwarves.

• & Hobbits.

• Show Older
    • :D don't take it personally Bt I'd have to punch you in the face if I ever saw you in person.

• I'd punch you right back xP

• The truth is that I mostly like short girls , but that said its not like I dislike tall girls .So I guess its more of a think of how good a certain girl is for a certain guy and less about how tall or short she may be , there are preferences but there is not a rule about who we may like or not and why we may like them or not .

• I'm 5'7 and I don't really have a preference .

• I know I am not going to definitely answer your question due to the fact that I like both. I do not have a preference in height. I mainly are attracted to her legs. I have checked out and liked legs on both short girls and tall girls. But if you are short, I will find you hott if you are not fat. Tall girls have more room to play in that category. But I would say I have been driven nuts by more short girls than tall. But it all depends on her legs.

• Personally, I don't have any height requirements. I look ore at the eyes and facial features for the physical and then I look inward for charisma, character and chemistry. Generally though, most of the girls I've dated tend to be shorter (between 4'11 and 5'2), but I have dated and would never exclude a woman who was closer to my height. Generally it all comes down to how well you match up in terms of personality, chemistry and compatibility than how you measure up height wise. I voted C because I really don't place height constraints on the women I'm attracted to.

• I don't have a preference, but I do sort of get the following vibes:Short girls tend to be cuter and easier to pick up and carry around and do other things with (*wink wink, nudge nudge*). I feel like they can be bubbly and warm.Tall girls tend to have really nice bodies (isn't height a requirement for being a model?) and have physically more to love ('twice the size, twice the ride' *wink wink, nudge nudge*). I feel like they can be really cool, too, for some reason, but intimidating to approach.I'm a slightly short guy (5'8") who has never had a girlfriend, though, so maybe that's why height doesn't matter to me. If the rest are like me, then short guys just want love.

• You think the difficulty of picking up a woman is determined by the body she was born in? That's interesting.

• Show Older
    • Wait, I don't think you understood what I meant by 'pick up'. I meant physically carry.Ugh, but I can tell you didn't actually read everything I said...

• Okay, let's clarify things because I might be misreading you as well;When I first used 'pick up' I meant physically. As in something physically smaller will undoubtedly be easier to carry. That's not to say that tall girls can't be light. This is just the vibe I get.When you replied I thought you meant pickup as in 'land a date with'. I also saw the thumbs down on my post along with your reply...Then I replied with the 'land a date with' meaning, because from my POV you misunderstood.

• Idc so long as she isn't a damn giant. I am like 6'2" - 6'3" so, yeah...

• Can't lie I'm a sucker for taller girls, I'm a short guy, but still don't care. I wouldn't disregard a short girl though.

• I want girls to be cute, I think shorter is cute...

• as long as she is shorter than me, than I'm all good. but if she's taller than me, then I'd probably be a bit hesitant.

• I'm 5'9 so I prefer 5'0-5'8, short girls are more cute in a way but tall can be sexy as well :)

• Height doesn’t always have to matter, but preferably the guy should be taller than the girl so in your case, it might work.

• Most guys prefer girls shorter than they are so you are in luck!

• I got a questing for everyone... Why does it matter if she tall or short as long she makes you happy and you both get along hahahahaha everyone see picky these daysss

• Seriously. My sze doesn't give off anything about who I am.

• THANK YOU

• well I'm 6,4 hahaha and I'm usually taller then everone but I don't have a problem about it. it depends on how you feel about him and if he makes you happy because that all that matters

• Show More

What Girls Said 46

• Im short and I say average height guys like me more than tall

• I don't think it really matters to them.

• Wow, I didn't expect it to be so close for the men. I'm 5'1" and from experience, guys tend to go for girls who will still be shorter than them with heels on.

• I think most guys prefer short girls. Or at least shorter than them. I was with a 6'2 guy once who really liked girls around 5'3.

• From my experience.. shorter than them.That could be anything really!Most men don't like to be towered over, saying that, if you have a 5ft man he will prefer someone under 5ft, if you have a 7ft man, 4ft will most likely be too short!Of course, there are exceptions to the rule :)

• i would say most guys want a woman shorter than them.

• I'm on the shorter side (5'2). I've noticed that taller guys are more attracted to me in general (6'1 and taller) than shorter guys are (5'6 and under). I think that as humans we generally try to balance out our genes subconsciously.

• Short but still average! Meaning not so short 5'0 to 5'5

• As long as you don't look like Snookie I'm sure you're fine lol.

• What guy would want to be the smaller of the couple?I know I would hate dating a short guy, I like feeling small next to a guyBut I suppose you can't help who you fall for :)

• I say tall because long legs are nice to look at. But guys like girls who are shorter than they.-love Sosa

• Im 5'9... boizzzz?

• But would you date a guy who is 5'8"...Too bad I wasn't born when that was the average *sigh*

• No but the ridiculous part is because it makes me feel insecure about me.. the guy could be otherwise perfect.

• I bet guys prefer shorter ones. Tall ones are intimidating.

• Woah! Chill with the thumbs down!.im speaking from what I hear. I'm no short girl either...

• What do guys think of medium (like me) 5"4'-5"6'?

• perfect!

• :)

• pretty good

• I've asked a few guys about this, basically most of them agreed that they wouldn't be comfortable with a girl taller than them (though I do personally know a few couples like this). However, they also said that there was such a thing as being "too short", to the point where the girl's height (or lack of I guess) annoyed them. I'm about 5'7" I think, my boyfriend 6'3", when I asked him he basically told me I was about as short as he'd go.

• being 5ยด11" I definitely prefer taller guys, I would feel like a giant if not... hopefully some guys can dig that as well :)

• I've noticed that when it comes to dating that guys just want a girl that isn't taller than them. But I'm 5'3 and my male friends have told me that in terms of attractiveness they'd consider someone my height to be cute and pretty rather than hot and sexy. Not necessarily a bad thing in my opinion. I think it all boils down to your personality and the connection you have. If you guys click well then then the height difference won't even be noticeable to either of you.

• I'm 5'0 and I have many guys telling me they love short and cute girls like me. But I personally think that tall girls are much sexier than short girls.

• Personally, I LOOOOOOOVE short girls. I know tons of guys who feel the same way, but at the same time height usually isn't a deal breaker.

• I'm 5'3 and my boyfriend is 6'2. I admit I wear heels when I'm around him just so I can kiss him easier lol.

• I am 5 '2 and always have been hit on by 6' or over I love it, but I love big guys, and they seem to love me:)

• I'm a 6' guy and I melt inside when I see short girls. :[ They are the best.

• I would like to consider myself of average height, 5'6". So what about that?

• nooooo I'm not prefered

• I'm 4'10 too *high-fives* >.< my boyfriend's 6ft.. and I've dated guys who are taller.. and so has my mom (she's 4'11).. so I don't think you need to worry :D

• I'm seriously surprised on how much guys like taller girls! I knew that some guys do like tall girls but wow. Guess I shouldn't be taking girl advised on guys XD If anyone cares, I'm 5'3 :)

• I don't think this poll is representative, not enough participants. There have been studies on this matter with way more people and the results were always that way more guys prefer short girls. :) I do, too, by the way. :)

• I'm 5'4 and most guys that approach me are 6ft and taller but I'm glad I'm short because I like them tall

• I'm 5'2 lol...Pretty short...Oh well, what can you do?

• Even if guys like tall girls lets be honest how many couples do you see with a taller girl

• medium height 'cause I am of medium height(5'5) :P

• I always think tall girls are prettier. They look elegant I'm five feet and I feel like a little awkward kid even though in 18. I wish inwere just average height

• awwww come here you little kid lol jk ;p

• Show Older
    • Oh I think it's funny. I was quoting it so...awkward

• I'd take someone who's 5 feet in a heartbeat :) I'm 6 foot and a girl my height feels more like a buddy and way too manly. Short girls make me melt, they are almost always elegant and sexy. Be proud of your height, have confidence. :)

• Show More