My boyfriend wants me to wear makeup when we go out. I dislike wearing makeup. Should I just wear a bit?

I usually don't wear makeup and dislike wearing it. I've worn makeup before (I always wear it for work) so it's not like I've never worn makeup before. He just likes me being /really/ girly. I honestly feel very uncomfortable being very girlie haha. I do wear lots of skirts/dresses and do my hair but that's all. My boyfriend really likes me wearing lipstick though! I've only ever worn it once. I honestly hate lipstick on me. Should I just toughen up and wear a bit to please my boyfriend or not? It's not like he'll get upset if I don't wear makeup but I do like to please him and it's not like makeup is that harmful. What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe you could try wearing a tinted stain or lip balm? (since these are all the rage nowadays)

link

link

There's one drugstore brand my mom said is sh*t...if I could remember I'd tell you, but she said it made her lips peel and the color only lasts a few minutes(which is what I heard on the reviews).

I say compromise...it's only once in a while and sometimes guys do appreciate the extra effort.

It was the Covergirl ones she said to stay away from!

• Also, sorry, for other simple makeup I recommend NYX which you can get from Ulta. It's cheap and pretty good quality.

Perhaps you could try lipstick/lip stain and mascara and eye liner and maybe some blush? Just something simple but natural looking.

• Oh thankyou so much! I didn't even think of stain lip balms. I should be fine wearing makeup out and it's not like he wants me to wear makeup all the time so I should be fine. Like you said, it's nice to compromise and extra effort is nice.

Thank you!

What Guys Said 2

• If you never wore it I could say 'stick with what you're okay with' but if he thinks you look good in it and you wear it for work - hopefully looking good for him is as important as looking good for work?

• Oh I don't wear it to look good at work, I'm forced to wear it at work. I've gotten in trouble for not wearing enough makeup so many times now. But I do see where you're coming from, thank you!

• Don't be something you're not. If that's important to him you can't provide that. You forcing make up on only delays the inevitable. I personally like a girlie girl and not interested in women that don't take care of themselves in this way. Throwing on occasional lipstick and foundation is not what does it for me. I'm just saying you won't be able to fake it,nor should you be something you're not. Its a sweet gesture and shows you're a cool chick but I would say you're not his type.

What Girls Said 3

• Yeah I mean it's just a tiny bit of lipstick for like a few hours max and it makes him happy. It's like if you asked him to wear your fav cologne or something, he'd probly do it.

If you hate lipstick, then get the lighter types. Try those burt's bees shimmer ones and the baby lips (I think they're covergirl).

Maybe experiment with some tinted glosses. If something that tiny makes your boyfriend happy, then why not?

• Honestly I think you should make the effort.you can make effort for work but not your man?

I don't like lipstick that much either, but there are some great glosses with pigment in them

• As I said in another comment, I'm forced to wear makeup at work and it's not like I put in no effort to look good for him, sorry if I gave that impression.

Thank you!

• don't ever let a guy change you. why isn't he happy with how you look?

• He doesn't want to change me, he just likes me dressing up for him I guess ahaha it's kind of cute. He is happy with how I look, maybe he just wants to show me off when we're out? He says I look good without makeup so yeah.

• haha being a typical guy. maybe just some mascara and blush and lipgloss. light eyeliner?