Ladies: Do watches look sexy on men?

Does an expensive watch make a man look influencial and powerful?

Most Helpful Girl

• I really don't give a crap. "influential and powerful"? Am I a gold-digger?

What Girls Said 4

• I don't even look at a guys wrist, so to me no.

• yes

• It makes them look like a show-off. I'd be more likely to use them for their money...

• I don't know about influential and powerful, but it definitely shows style and class.

It's not something I consciously look for, but I would probably notice a beautiful watch. My dad wears a gorgeous one himself :-)

What Guys Said 3

• I'm a watch guy and IMO most expensive 'looking' watches make the wearer look like they are trying too hard. An expensive looking watch is only impressive when it's actually expensive. That two tone Seiko with 8 hands will never be as cool as a 1960's Omega worth the same price.

Nicolas Sarkozy used to wear a flashy Rolex before his wife bought him a much more understated Patek. Just by looking, you might not be able to tell it was 55k, but that say more.

Nice watches are also art pieces in themselves, and I would give more credit to the man wearing his father's old watch, havig learnt to service it himself, than to the man with the latest 'bling' showing it off.

• Why would a watch be sexy? All having an expensive watch does is show other people that you can afford expensive things.

• i can't see how an expensive watch will make a guy look influential and powerful