Is "cute" a good thing?

is being called 'cute' a good thing?

to put it in context..i overheard my crush's friend telling him that I'm "cute"..so I don't know what that means!
guys..is this a good thing!

Most Helpful Guy

• OK girl you just unanimously got the whole damned site to say "Yes" to it being a good thing. Explain to me what you really want out of this. Are you hoping it's a bad thing? I mean seriously what the f*** else do you want, woman?!

YES! YES! YES!

IT"S A GOOD THING!

NOW GO FORTH AND FEEL GOOD ABOUT IT FOR CHRIST'S FUCKING SAKE!

gyaagh...

(huff huff... Wheeeeze)

• The guys friend just saw me in a club and said 'she's cute, man' to my crush without meeting me..so I hope he meant I was good looking and not just 'ok', lol.. thanks for ur honesty tho :)

• Yeah my answer may not have been overly insightful (or was it?) but at least I can say that this is the most awesome answer here because it's based on sheer comedy.

• ...oh and a bit of truth mixed in there too for good measure.

What Guys Said 17

• When said one-on-one to you, 'cute' is a guy trying to express himself emotionally to tell you he likes you. When said around his mates in a 'blokey' sort of way as a random girl walks past, it means "that girl's hot/I'd do her etc." When said around his mates when talking specifically about a girl he cares about, it means he adores her.

Hope the translation helps :)

• It most likely means he knows you like his friend, and he's telling his friend that you'd be a suitable girl for him to date. It's sort of the 'approval' version of cute.

However, if the friend doesn't know you like his friend, then it's likely it means that your crush's friend likes you, and so it's sort of a 'warning' to your crush not to interfere in his attempt to get with you.

Best way to go here is to make sure your crush knows you like him, so it's more likely the 'approval' cute.

• I think it may be a relative thing. For instance, if one is in the habit of being regaled with phrases like, "Hey Moonface! how deep do them craters go!", or, "Hey porky! why ain't you in the lunch line!", then, I suppose being addressed as "cute" might be a treasured delight. On the other hand, of one is more frequently acknowledged with greetings such as, "Mamma, you you put the sizzle in hot!", or "I never seen any babes like you in toyland", then perhaps being referred to as "cute" might might bring with it disappointment. Personally, I'll settle for cute anyday..

• lol I was just going over this with my friend mellisa. when guys use cute or sexy, they are subconsciously putting you in a category. sexy means that you are indeed hot, but in a way that he wants to have you in bed, usually that's about it, you can be cute at times but in his mind you are already labeled as the "sexy" one.

on the other hand if he calls you cute, YOUR IN. cute is what a guy looks for when he's grown up and done playing the field. its the girl he can build a relationship to, bring home to meet the family, ect. like sexy you can be cute and sexy at times but ultimately he will have his eye on you and label you as the one with "potential.

granted this isn't what 100% of when men think, but its what the ones you are looking for think.

good luck!

• Defintely so :). As good as being called hot.

• IMHO

Cute = relationship material

Hot/sexy = just sex

Now Cute + Sexy = Wow I think I need to change my shorts, lol.

• Agreed, you would never bring a hot girl home to mom so to speak. But would bang the hell out of

• Hell yes, its a great thing. Not all girls can be vixens and guys love cute girls.

• The fact that they were talking about you AND he called you cute is definitely a good thing.

• yes, its a great thing. try to get colser to that guy, let you'r friend introdeuce you to him.

best of luck.

• I got 2 tell you, that it isn't always a good thing.

"Cute" can be meant as "You are nice, but nor more."

Sure, Boys do not use it as often as girls.

In a girls view everything is "cute" and so on ;)

If a boy shows up and calls you cute, it can

be meant as "Wow, I respect you and am really interested

in you (relationship stuff)". But it also can be meant as

"Welcome to the Friend Zone."

Just try to analyze him & his behaviour and you'll

find out which way it is meant.

• The guys friend just saw me in a club and said 'she's cute, man' to my crush without meeting me..so I'm not sure how he meant it? any ideas? thanks btw :)

• Cute is always a good thing! the fact that he intentionally said a sentence to her with a great not so often heard adjective ending in it..its always a plus! if you're in friend zone or you respect a girl but not interested like that...you wouldn't make that or any statement at all to her! you would be polite and just small talk

• No.

There are a lot of cute girls that I don't wanna date.

It's not everything about being cute.

To me there is more, but if you decide on that skill...

Do it ;)

• yes cute is good thing. cute can still have sex appeal.

• cute is not bad, for me it means that you are adorable or something like that

• ya if I say girl is cute that means that I like her so most likly he likes u

• Yeah, its a good thing.

• Cute is good most the time.

• i think hott sounds better than cute but either way it still means he likes you or to get with you

• "Cute" should only be used to described a dog...Hot/beautiful is what you want to hear.

• Yes it is. It's wholly positive and a nice way of complimenting someone.

What Girls Said 16

• Of course! "cute" implies more than just physical attractiveness--it's the way a person laughs, their mannerisms, fun-loving tendancies, smile, the whole essence of their magnetic personality.

Some people see "cute" as second-class "pretty," but it's really in a class by itself.

I'd take "cute" over "pretty" any day!

• But saying that to a guy sounds nice, but would any of that mean that the girl is personally interested in you?

• It can be, however, it's not a definitive indicator.

• yeah I get called cute lol but I think it just means you're a lovable or adorable person. So it's a good thing ^_^

• Guys have told me when they call you cute its good and means they see you more then sex and more like relationshipish...they told me hot mean more sexual.

• well if he knows you well then, just like some others say, it probably also implies your personality not just your looks but if he doesn't then it means that he thinks you're physically attractive. so it's definitely a good thing! and "cute" is usually described as someone who's small, has small facial features, etc...I should know.

• Of course. It means being attracted beyond physical appearance. It involves personality and the way you carry yourself. And it's definitely better than being called hot.

• Depends when and how it was said rather than the meaning of the word itself alone, it can be said sarcastically or in an honest tone. So you never really know untill youve seen the full picture.

• I think it's a good thing...I prefer being called cute than hot or sexy...to me it shows more respect and depth...I dunno, I tend to over analyze though...

• Yeah, it's alright. It could mean he thinks of you and little and cute like one does to a small child or puppy, but more likely he just means that you're aesthetically pleasing. You could overanalyze any word like that though. Like, does hot mean he likes you or that he just wants to get with you?

It's better than saying you're ugly! But you probably already knew that.

• I consider cute to be a bad thing-i think it's really patronizing. No offense meant to you! That's just how I feel when I get called cute. I think hot is much better!

• dude, I am in the same situation askin the same question

• yes if your not a shallow cute person or someone who puts others down

• link

look at the answers (for the most part cute rules over pretty! :D)

• Yesh!

• yes

• my life lesson: every guy I met and initially thought he was HOT, he turned out to be a douche and it never went far...

the guys I met who were HES SO CUUUUTE! I've adored forever and forever they will live in my hearts...good times =)

• its better than being called ugly.

joking. but yes it is good!