Is the first time you have sex supposed to be awkward?

So my current girlfriend and I recently spent the day at my house. She came over around 4:00 and no one happened to be home. After about half an hour of talking, we ended up having sex. We were both virgins. When we did it we were very inexperienced and didn't exactly know what to do. When she left around 6:30'ish it seemed very awkward. During the trip to her house we were both very quiet. And for some reason I couldn't think of anything to talk about. I know she wasn't mad because before she left she kept giving me hugs and kisses. o.o Is this normal for the first time? Will it be better the next time we do it? Thanks for reading this and I appreciate your help.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's awkward for everyone the first time. Practice makes perfect :P haha. It's like when you makeout with someone for the first time, it's always a little sloppy. Sex can change things so you should probably talk to your girlfriend and see how she feels about everything. My first time wasn't really planned either, we just decided to do it one day (although we had been talking about it for awhile). It was awkward and painful but really it's almost the last thing on your mind when it's your very first time. At least for me it was haha. I wouldn't worry too much about it because it really is an awkward process whether you have experience or not, but definitely talk to your girlfriend. Hope that helps some :)