Where can guys meet nice girls?

I mean nice as in innocent, who wouldn't think of having a one night stand and who are in general friendly and easy to get along with. The girls I'm finding instead all seem either slutty, disloyal or are more just looking for a night of fun, rather then anything else. I'm not looking for a one night stand, but for something along the lines of a relationship. But it seems that it is hard to find nice girls when the only places to go on the weekends are clubs. So where would a good place to meet nice girls be? Some other questions along this line have said youth group or church, but I'm not really a religious person and I wouldn't want to pretend to be something I'm not.

Ok so you think that I can meet a nice girl if I spend time in coffee shops, the library, the park or doing charity work.
What advice would you give me about approaching girls in these place, as while I'm confident, I doubt I would know how to start a conversation with her, seeing as we would be strangers.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Okay...Im trying to imagine what I would think if a guy approached me at such events..Say I was sitting at a table at Starbucks texting on my phone or reading ( I don't do this so its dificult) and a guy ( such as yourself) came up.. they ways to approach that may be...a) You mind if I sit here? ( its real easy, but you need to have things to say already premeditaded) B) if she's reading, ask what are you reading. If you already see the title and may have read it youself, ask her about it. "Thats a really good book" "what part are you at" If you notice that she's comfortable by the conversation, if she's smiling at all, so far so good. If you are getting a blank stare, warm her up. Introduce yourself. Be extra brave. Trust me, The braver you are, the bolder you become and the better responses you typically get. We really have a thing for confidance, same as a guy would want for a girl they meet. If she looks uninterested and you're not ready to call it, joke with her " You don't like to smile much do you/" but say it with a cheese girn on your face..'My names_________, I just saw you sitting here and had this urge to come talk to you. Its all about how you approach her..if you have a " I don't care what people think of me" demeanor, that looks a lot better than quietly trying to conversate, not speaking loud enough, not smiling because you're nervous. I you have to try and break that uncomfortable barrier with yourself and I guarantee that it will benefit you and you will gain more confidance the more times you try.all I can say is to not give up, know that no matter how many women you may get a rejection from there are always more. and chances are they forget , and so do you! She's out there, good luck...

What Girls Said 34

• before you judge others, perhaps get to know them for who they are? maybe some guy treated them like sh*t and that's why they're considered "slutty"i meannice girls are everywherethere isn't some allocated place for nice girlsif you don't treat girls nice, the less chance you're gonna find a nice girl

• i feel the same way about this..its impossibly to meet guys my age who don't just want to sleep with me

• Ask a girl about a book she's reading if you notice a cute girl reading a book, go from there. In a coffee shop, ask what type of coffee you should get from the cute girl in line, maybe offer to buy her coffee for her? just a thought. Charity work, well that's easy, talk about the work you're doing.

• Thats me

• Definitely in school (if you're in it... not hanging around... that would be a bit creepy in my opinion), library, park, etc. as all of the girls have stated.In approaching, go up to the girl (hopefully she is alone) and make conversation about ex.:Library: (sit next to her, stand next to her, go up to her), ask about a book she recommends, what is she reading, is it good? Then continue the conversation as any normal person.Park: Nice place to hang out in the park, nice day, comment on the weather, about the town/city, etc. Coffe shop: Do you know the area, what drinks do you recommend, where you from... sound casual. Hopefully you don't scare the girl. There is a chance, especially if she is not into you. But I found that if the girl gives you a chance (as I have) then it will work out fine. If she is really busy and moody, chances are she will think you're a creep and ignore you.Well, I met my boyfriend at work... I did not talk to him at first. I thought he was weird as he was very friendly and talkative while I'm the opposite of him. lol But when he looked at my food (when we had lunch together in the office), he made a comment about it and we got on a conversation about food, where we're from, etc. and I opened up... still thought he was weird though but he continued doing that every time we had lunch together. Finally we exchanged numbers (rather, he got my cell and put his number on my cell... I was bored and decided to text him- which is how he got my number) and that's how it kicked off.

• It's all to do with where you look. Clubs, bars, pubs, parties or gang-bangs for another are not the places you are going to find a nice girl. I happen to be a nice girl with good morals and beliefs and I've only slept with my now boyfriend whom I love and explained that I take sex very serious and it's something that should be shared between a loving couple. You would find me at home chilling out or with my close friends in a private place. Sorry but to get to these girls you'll have to go through either mainstream social events or try to network because even skanks may have really nice girl friends who just might be perfect for you. Hope that helps :)

• the grocery store is always a good place to meet people. sounds weird but its the best place to meet nicer girls or even joining clubs or taking up hobbies that you really like you might meet some more people.

• I think you can meet nice girls anywhere. I met my current boyfriend at a little karaoke bar that is populate by pretty much the regulars, lol. It has a your here you family feel to it, lol. I know people say those aren't the best places, but it somewhere where you can sit down and get to know someone and still have fun with friends.

• honestly, a christian church is your best bet.yes, I'm sure there are some "good girls" who don't go to church, but almost any single girl your age, who was there, would be a good girl. every now and then I've come across the exception.otherwise, like what other people have said. and you don't have to just like... randomly walk up to them. If you guys are in line somewhere, make a comment about how long the line is or something xD haha I dunno.or like, at a park. just walk by and say wassup or something. it doesn't have to be a full on conversation.hope that helps

• Yea the church idea seems to be one of the best ways, except that iv found that I don't really fit into their groups of friends. Most of the guys my age who go to church wouldn't like me hanging around their female friends as from the way I look I don't seem to be a nice guy. I drink, I smoke (only on occasion, usually only during field exercises or sometimes when drinking), I have tattoo's (celtic cross on my calf muscle and a southern cross on my chest) and yea, generic buzz cut.

• Show Older
    • Heh nah don't worry, I don't smoke weed, or do drugs of any kind. But yea, I would probably be able to hide the smoking if I wanted anyway, only really do it when I'm out bush or out of country. The only thing that's bothering me with this now is, arnt these girls all looking for a guy who has the same religious views as her and who goes to church often, because it has been a fair while since I have been to church (not athiest or anything, I wear a cross, just don't go to church)

• Yeah you could have a little problem with that. especially if you live in a big city. I think you'd have much better chances of finding someone like that in a small town.but don't worry. the right girl WILL come along someday.

• where can a nice girl meet a guy like you?

• You have said what all of us girls are thinking!

• Well I don't really know, I didn't think I was different to other guys, so probably most places. At the moment I seem to spend most of my time on base, and seems my friday and saturday nights are spent at clubs, seein as that's where most of my mates wanna go.

• Bookstore/Library: Strike up the conversation based on the author or book she's reading. People can get really carried away or into it when they are talking about their favourite book titles and authors :)Park: Obviously a nature-love or a outdoorsy person. Just don't comment on the weather, it's the last thing you will ever do.

• bookstore, church, the park, places people would normally volunteer like a nursing home, animal shelter, soup kitchen, grocery store, library, bowling alleyhopes it helps!

• Why the bowling alley

• Cause me and my firends like to bowl and we are very nice girls

• Just take notice of something about her and comment on it like "nice dog. what kind is he?" basically an easy way to talk to anyone is ask a question or make a comment. Then from that you can start small talk. like 'excuse me do you know what time it is?''yeah its 3:30''oh thanks. nice day out today!"'yeah we've been getting less rain''yeah did you see that storm the other day...'etc...i know small talk seems silly. but its normal, she won't think your boring she'll think your friendly.Then you'll be getting to know her a tiny bit with that. when its time to go say, 'hey can I call you sometime'? or 'we should hang out again soon', or 'can we talk more over coffee sometime'? something like that...then on subsequent get togethers you can get talking on a deeper level than small talk and you'll know her more. good luck!

• If you want to approach a girl in one of these places, sayyy, a book store or library, get a glance at what types of books she is reading or looking at and you can talk to her about it. Like say she likes tiwlight, since a lot girls do, say something about it or ask about it

• If you're taking classes of some sort (like at college) that is always an EXCELLENT place to look.Otherwise, as for approaching a girl in a coffee shop or at the library, if she's reading a book you could always ask her what she's reading. If it's a book you've read you can easily go off that. If it's an author you've heard of you can ask if she's read his other works. Or you can even recommend a book to her.Of course, all that is assuming that you read. Otherwise, some conversational topics you could start are about the weather or recent events. "Oh you've got a German Shepherd? Well did you hear that..." whatever. Hope that's kind of helpful?

• Oh well I'm one of them, And personally I would say most of them can not be as outgoing like most un-shy girls. I would say its probably hard to find them, but good luck. :)

• some women get confused on how to act because most of the time they are to be what the other guy told them to be. Now a days girls just go with what they see on tv...or if they have been hurt they want to be something other than what they were..finding a good girl is honestly hard to find now a days. most think church or librarians or women who grew up in the south...but really it takes effort and time to find an innocent and nice women...

• Don't look in bars or clubs. Bottom line. Outside of that you can't gauge what a girl is about until you talk to her. If she moves too quickly she may move just as quickly out of your life. Unless she says hey, ya know I like you right? That's what I said on the first date with my fiance! :)

• I would say that if you want to meet a nice girl, try finding her at things you are interested in. Not the Bar, or the Clubs (danceclubs). I would imagine if you live in a bigger city, you may find her at a book store, maybe a school event, like clubs. Are you religious, maybe a church function. There are endless areas of possiblitlies. Is there a co-worker that you know of that may show some interest? When you feel you have someone in mind, talk to her. I know some girls may intimidate the guy, but you have to learn to play past that. Not all women are as scary on the inside as they look. (P.s...some women act a particular way, because they feel they are incompetant as who they really are) its simple. You hold that confidance in yourself and I bet you find your someone . It may take a while, but that's life. When you find that person that's right for you, and makes you feel good hold onto that. Good luck..keep your chin up!

• My first thought was the Library- If she has a book in her hand as her about itBut you can also try volunteering at places. That way you can meet a lot of new people. I think his way is better because there's more chances of you meeting the right person.: ]

• Where are places to voluteneer, id like to do that

• Animal shelter is a good place to volunteer. That's what I used to do.

• Good idea thanks!!

• where you find a nice girl: the back of the class, the kind of girl that hangs out with people that never get invited to partys cos they're not popular but still seem like cool people.

• There are lots of nice girls out there. You just have to know where to look. Places like the library, a bowling alley, a skating rink, coffee shop, even the store! All you have to do is flirt a little. In my opinion if guys think it's hard to find nice girls think about it from our stand point...it's also hard to find a nice genuine guy...

• Well that is the type of girl I for one am. I am not the type of girls looking for a one night stand at all. I do like to have fun with my friends. School for one is a nice place to meet a girl (she seems more into getting a education), hanging with friends, and etc. As for the church thing I am not that big into going to church, I do believe in my faith, but I don't preach it at all.

• Coffee shop, "Hey, I don't come here all that often, what coffee blend would you recommend." It even rhymes! (a sure winner... she'll be overcome by so many Dr. Seuss memories from childhood she'll have to give in).Library, comment on the book they are reading or the genre. It helps if you are well read, and actually enjoy literature so you can make some kind of intelligible remark. You could also try joining a book club :)Charity work is easy, especially because you may frequently see the same people there. Just like a job, there will be down time for you to interact and talk casually. Go with the flow, be yourself.You could also try going to some lan parties or lock ins at video game stores on the off chance a girl may be there. In this case, it's not about quantity, but quality. Gamer girls - it's the way to go :DHonestly though, all silliness aside, if you be yourself, you are sincere, and don't act like you are hitting on her for the main reason most guys hit on random girls (hook up), you'll be fine. If you get shot down, try again. There's some one out there for you.

• Grocery stores - there is nothing but women at grocery stores. Your next best bet is a country club... or possibly the library :Dlawl - funny, but oddly enough, true.

• Hi Joe223, WOW! You are lucky ! You have the longest list of advisors here on this website :-D . I agree with what most of them have said. Best would be enroll yourself for some activity you like, you are likely to find nice girls with similar interests that way :-) and it would be more natural to start a conversation, with the possibility of a more genuine friendship, to begin with. Good Luck !

• Well, where would I find a nice guy like you? Because I only meet jerks. lol, the easiest way to meet a nice, sweet girl, would be to spend more time in coffee shops, go to the library, or even just put yourself out there. work for a charity organization and so on. you'll definitely find someone that way. I'm classified as being sweet, and nice, but guys are never interested in me because I'm not a slut, and that's what most guys my age are looking for. Just be you, and you'll attract the right girl :)

• Coffee coffee coffee. yum. That is me! yep!

• Show Older
    • Absolutely not. haha, I love meeting new people. and I think it's sweet when someone comes up to me and wants to talk to me and get to know me.

• Agreed. As long as he is not "creepy" if that makes sense.

• I'm definitey classified as a nice girl and I don't go to church. Try just normal, non-club hangouts like the movies, mall, park, etc. You could also try talking to girls you meet while you're out during the day, whether you're buying a book or buying some food. Nice girls also go to clubs, but they are hidden in a crowd of slutty girls so you have to try harder to find them.

• I can't say iv ever really talked to someone I don't know at the movies. Just doesn't seem like the place. But the idea of just talking to randoms who I see at shops is a bit different, can't say iv really tried that.

• Show Older
    • I think he's looking for another type of nice girl. LOL don't get me wrong... you just have this "f*** me look about you in the picture you are using.." lol that doesn't mean you aren't nice, he's just loking for a girl that doesn't scream "hey look at me" ya know : )

• I know my picture really doesn't convey a nice girl look because it was taken after a senior awards ceremony and I was saying "OMG I actually have cleavage!" As for me as a nice girl, I've never had a boyfriend, never had sex, and the only guy I've kissed was a friend. I usually wear jeans and t-shirts (most of them have something funny on them lol).

• Libraries. But es rare.The park.?

• The park in the town where I live is maybe 200m squared. And Its been a fair while since I saw people just hanging out there. I spose the librarie is a maybe, but again, the town has a population of maybe 15,000, so there's very little chance that there will be a single girl my age just hanging around in there.

• Malls.? Gourmet Coffee shops, Personals, Restaurants, Yoga classes, Gyms and Sporting clubs.? jaja

• im a nice girl and I always go to class, study in the library, sit on the grass on campus, read a nice book, go to barnes and noble, parks, coffee shops, supermarket, volunteer places, walking the dog around the blocki hate clubbing, bars, and don't even go out that much late at night I'm just a local homegirl class is one of the best places though, I've met all my crushes in the past through class because you always get to know your classmates easily for help with schoolwork and excuses to talk to them...you should take a nice a variety of courses to see if you can meet a girl you might be interested in =)

• Show More

What Guys Said 10

• Happy hour with alumni of your same university.

• It may sound weird, and there will probably be many non-starters, but set-ups are a pretty good way to go. If you have friends--guys or girls, or even your parents or friends of your parents--it seems like they are often more than willing to play match-maker. Sometimes they do a pretty good job, sometimes not. But you usually aren't going to be set up with the neighborhood skank. If you are always gracious, even if it doesn't work out, then you will just expand your web of friends.

• Ugh, most of these answers are so stereotypical. If you ask me you can meet a nice girl anywhere, even when out clubbing. You just have to be lucky. Most of the time you can see who's a nice girl and who isn't by their looks and I can't imagine there's no nice girls around you. The whole approaching thing is another story though, since I occasionally struggle with that myself, hah! So odd, in general I can get a conversation going with any girl but there's a few out there where I'm just oblivious! D:

• the animal shelter, charity work...other than convicts only a good girl would be doing charity work, well usually

• Well the question is where are you meeting these girls in the first place. Bars, parties etc are usually where you find girls looking for a fun night. I'm assuming your in college so I would recommend joining clubs, just start talking to girls in your classes etc.

• Nah not in college. In the army. Makes things a bit hard when I'm working long hours and my only real free time is the weekend. Plus most of the girls in the army don't fit into the 'good girl' category.

• Ahhh you could try a bar, just make sure the girl your talking to is sober.

• dude I'm looking for teh same thing, good girls are gettin harddddd to find

• I guess the question we HK people would be asking is where can we meet girls. because it's like impossible to get a chance to.Sometimes I wonder if any HK people would post here or could I, like, ever, move to Canada, where all my relatives are? I ain't Canadian though...

• I don't think that only "slutty" girls go to clubs. I think its fairly common for any girl with friends to go out to a bar or club every once and a while. You just might have to be more selective while at said clubs. Or maybe you're going to the wrong clubs. Try going to a laid back bar as opposed to a dance club. There you'll more likely find nice girls who are just hanging out with their friends as opposed to girls looking to grind on some guys. Now, this advice is coming from a nondrinker who rarely goes to bars or clubs. But I just think a lot of young people go to these places to meet people and you just need to find the right ones. Also girls seem to be more receptive to talking and exchanging numbers when their out for the night as opposed to just running their daily errands. That being said, if you can meet girls while your just out doing normal things, more power to you. And girls might be impressed with your friendly attitude. Also, if you're a college student, class is a GREAT way to meet girls.

• Church!

• in a wow guild.