Where can guys meet nice girls?

I mean nice as in innocent, who wouldn't think of having a one night stand and who are in general friendly and easy to get along with. The girls I'm finding instead all seem either slutty, disloyal or are more just looking for a night of fun, rather then anything else. I'm not looking for a one night stand, but for something along the lines of a relationship. But it seems that it is hard to find nice girls when the only places to go on the weekends are clubs.

So where would a good place to meet nice girls be?

Some other questions along this line have said youth group or church, but I'm not really a religious person and I wouldn't want to pretend to be something I'm not.

Ok so you think that I can meet a nice girl if I spend time in coffee shops, the library, the park or doing charity work.
What advice would you give me about approaching girls in these place, as while I'm confident, I doubt I would know how to start a conversation with her, seeing as we would be strangers.

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay...Im trying to imagine what I would think if a guy approached me at such events..

Say I was sitting at a table at Starbucks texting on my phone or reading ( I don't do this so its dificult) and a guy ( such as yourself) came up.. they ways to approach that may be...

a) You mind if I sit here? ( its real easy, but you need to have things to say already premeditaded)

B) if she's reading, ask what are you reading. If you already see the title and may have read it youself, ask her about it. "Thats a really good book" "what part are you at"

If you notice that she's comfortable by the conversation, if she's smiling at all, so far so good. If you are getting a blank stare, warm her up.

Introduce yourself. Be extra brave. Trust me, The braver you are, the bolder you become and the better responses you typically get. We really have a thing for confidance, same as a guy would want for a girl they meet.

If she looks uninterested and you're not ready to call it, joke with her " You don't like to smile much do you/" but say it with a cheese girn on your face..

'My names_________, I just saw you sitting here and had this urge to come talk to you.

Its all about how you approach her..

if you have a " I don't care what people think of me" demeanor, that looks a lot better than quietly trying to conversate, not speaking loud enough, not smiling because you're nervous. I you have to try and break that uncomfortable barrier with yourself and I guarantee that it will benefit you and you will gain more confidance the more times you try.

all I can say is to not give up, know that no matter how many women you may get a rejection from there are always more. and chances are they forget , and so do you! She's out there, good luck...

What Girls Said 35

• the grocery store is always a good place to meet people. sounds weird but its the best place to meet nicer girls or even joining clubs or taking up hobbies that you really like you might meet some more people.

• It's all to do with where you look. Clubs, bars, pubs, parties or gang-bangs for another are not the places you are going to find a nice girl. I happen to be a nice girl with good morals and beliefs and I've only slept with my now boyfriend whom I love and explained that I take sex very serious and it's something that should be shared between a loving couple. You would find me at home chilling out or with my close friends in a private place. Sorry but to get to these girls you'll have to go through either mainstream social events or try to network because even skanks may have really nice girl friends who just might be perfect for you. Hope that helps :)

• There are lots of nice girls out there. You just have to know where to look. Places like the library, a bowling alley, a skating rink, coffee shop, even the store! All you have to do is flirt a little. In my opinion if guys think it's hard to find nice girls think about it from our stand point...it's also hard to find a nice genuine guy...

• honestly, a christian church is your best bet.

yes, I'm sure there are some "good girls" who don't go to church, but almost any single girl your age, who was there, would be a good girl. every now and then I've come across the exception.

otherwise, like what other people have said.

and you don't have to just like... randomly walk up to them. If you guys are in line somewhere, make a comment about how long the line is or something xD haha I dunno.

or like, at a park. just walk by and say wassup or something. it doesn't have to be a full on conversation.

hope that helps

• Yea the church idea seems to be one of the best ways, except that iv found that I don't really fit into their groups of friends. Most of the guys my age who go to church wouldn't like me hanging around their female friends as from the way I look I don't seem to be a nice guy. I drink, I smoke (only on occasion, usually only during field exercises or sometimes when drinking), I have tattoo's (celtic cross on my calf muscle and a southern cross on my chest) and yea, generic buzz cut.

• Heh nah don't worry, I don't smoke weed, or do drugs of any kind. But yea, I would probably be able to hide the smoking if I wanted anyway, only really do it when I'm out bush or out of country. The only thing that's bothering me with this now is, arnt these girls all looking for a guy who has the same religious views as her and who goes to church often, because it has been a fair while since I have been to church (not athiest or anything, I wear a cross, just don't go to church)

• Yeah you could have a little problem with that. especially if you live in a big city. I think you'd have much better chances of finding someone like that in a small town.

but don't worry. the right girl WILL come along someday.

• Coffee shop, "Hey, I don't come here all that often, what coffee blend would you recommend." It even rhymes! (a sure winner... she'll be overcome by so many Dr. Seuss memories from childhood she'll have to give in).

Library, comment on the book they are reading or the genre. It helps if you are well read, and actually enjoy literature so you can make some kind of intelligible remark. You could also try joining a book club :)

Charity work is easy, especially because you may frequently see the same people there. Just like a job, there will be down time for you to interact and talk casually. Go with the flow, be yourself.

You could also try going to some lan parties or lock ins at video game stores on the off chance a girl may be there. In this case, it's not about quantity, but quality. Gamer girls - it's the way to go :D

Honestly though, all silliness aside, if you be yourself, you are sincere, and don't act like you are hitting on her for the main reason most guys hit on random girls (hook up), you'll be fine. If you get shot down, try again. There's some one out there for you.

More from Girls
30

What Guys Said 10

• the animal shelter,

charity work...other than convicts only a good girl would be doing charity work, well usually

• Well the question is where are you meeting these girls in the first place. Bars, parties etc are usually where you find girls looking for a fun night. I'm assuming your in college so I would recommend joining clubs, just start talking to girls in your classes etc.

• Nah not in college. In the army. Makes things a bit hard when I'm working long hours and my only real free time is the weekend. Plus most of the girls in the army don't fit into the 'good girl' category.

• Ahhh you could try a bar, just make sure the girl your talking to is sober.

• It may sound weird, and there will probably be many non-starters, but set-ups are a pretty good way to go. If you have friends--guys or girls, or even your parents or friends of your parents--it seems like they are often more than willing to play match-maker. Sometimes they do a pretty good job, sometimes not. But you usually aren't going to be set up with the neighborhood skank. If you are always gracious, even if it doesn't work out, then you will just expand your web of friends.

• Ugh, most of these answers are so stereotypical. If you ask me you can meet a nice girl anywhere, even when out clubbing. You just have to be lucky. Most of the time you can see who's a nice girl and who isn't by their looks and I can't imagine there's no nice girls around you. The whole approaching thing is another story though, since I occasionally struggle with that myself, hah! So odd, in general I can get a conversation going with any girl but there's a few out there where I'm just oblivious! D:

• Church!

More from Guys
5