Remembering Our Friend Kris85

It's with an extremely heavy heart and blurry eyes that I have to report that we have lost one of our own here. Kris85, as most of you knew her, or Dara, to those close to her, has passed away suddenly, at the all too young age of 36. I can't believe I have to even write this, but I wanted to say a few things about her.

Dara was my best friend. It feels weird saying that, about a person I never got to meet in person, a person I met over a wacky website like this (which remains my most guarded secret to those I do know in person), someone who I interacted with only through text and a handful of phone calls. I have my inner circle of buddies, and those guys are "best friends" too, but I would without hesitation put Dara in that echelon of friendship.

She came out of nowhere, she just messaged me one day a few years ago saying she thought my posts were funny. We got to talking, and we just never stopped. She told me all about Western Canada where she was from, and I told her all about my hometown of Boston. We quickly found out that we were two peas in a pod, I swear we were practically the same person. We even have the same birthday, just one year apart. And we were both all about the party life. My recent emojis always included ๐Ÿป๐Ÿน๐Ÿ’ƒ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽŠ because of our texts.

I'm in so much pain over this, but the one comfort I can find is that I know she was happy. Her life was going really well. She had divorced a couple years earlier, and to say she was doing well on the open market would be a major understatement. Let's not mince words, she loved to fuck, haha. I'll always remember the weekend morning texts with hilarious messages like "welp...just woke up next to a 19 year old." Chick just always did it big, she was such a badass. Snapchat brought our friendship to another level, as I could see pics of her partying-in-progress, haha. She was also going to school, and was performing very well, and she was excited to embark on a new career path. And she was second to none as a mother. She leaves behind three children: a 9 year old son, and two daughters, 7 and 4. She loved her children so much. That's another thing I loved on Snapchat, her pics of her kids, often with the girls in sassy poses. My heart is absolutely shattered for them, but I know they will be in good hands with their father, aunt, uncle, and grandmother.

As for GAG...well...she's tell you herself that she was kind of a bitch on here, and I thought that was hilarious. She was such a great person, but we both roll our eyes at a lot of the tomfoolery that occurs here, and she never pulled punches in dressing them down, whereas I generally hold my tongue and sent her screenshots or links to stuff and we'd laugh privately. To those of you who gave her shit for sleeping around, I promise you she'd still tell you to fuck off๐Ÿ–• If you were a creepy/thirsty guy, a catfish, or someone fishing for compliments, she would likely roast you. But there were a select few of you that she really liked. I'll tag you guys, but forgive me if I miss anyone, I'm a mess right now.

@BertMacklinFBI @ConsultantIsBack @TwoLips @Shmusername @RedThread @DodgersGM @Ladsin @CupcakeKiller @musicbrain5 @BelleGirl21

Again, sorry if I missed anyone, but you know who you are.

I could go on all night talking about her. She was beautiful, she was smart, she was cool, she was funny, and she was Canadian as FUCK. I'm getting a little overwhelmed here, I'm still in disbelief that I'm writing this, I'm sick to my stomach, so I'll wrap up and just say: Dara, I love you so much, I'm going to miss you terribly, and I feel so blessed to have had this friendship with you, I will never forget you as long as I live. My only regret is that we never got into "shenanigans" together in person. I always imagined us finally meeting at an airport somewhere, engaging in a huge bear hug, and then going on an epic bender and leaving some poor unsuspecting city in ruins. Like you once said though, "we live so far apart because the world couldn't handle so much awesome in one place." But you know that if we ever meet up in that big bar in the sky, the Paralyzers are on me! Rest in peace, buddy, I love you, and thank you for being such a great friend! Hope we see each other somewhere, someday, and shenanigans will ensue! Until then, "later, skater"๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜ญ

Remembering Our Friend Kris85

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 37

• I have no words. I never really spoke with her, but was impressed and entertained by her "don't give a fuck" attitude. She seemed like a super fun, yet hardworking person. I'm truly saddened by the loss and am keeping those close to her, especially her children, in my thoughts tonight.

Really well written tribute by the way. Sending hugs and support to you as well. ❤

• Thanks Heather❤️ That pretty much sums her up. Please do keep them all in your thoughts!

• Of course! You know you have a whole support system of friends from here, too. :) Definitely will be thinking about everyone.

• So sad... I never spoke to her, but it's terrible when any young person loses their life. R. I. P. Kris85

• Losing a loved one is always heartbreaking but even more so when it's sudden and unexpected. I'm so sorry for your loss, WhiteSteve. I know you two were very close. I will keep her friends and family in my thoughts and prayers. <3

• Thanks, Honey Bee, this one is real tough on me😭 Need all the thoughts and prayers of every religion and non-religion going up for her and especially her kids, so yours are definitely appreciated! Thank you❤️

• OMG!! she left this world so young :( :( i am shocked
    hope she'll R. I. P :'(

• Oh my gosh... this is so horrible, I'm deeply upset in hearing this. She was so wonderful, we shared a few laughs here and there.
    Rest in Peace dear beautiful Dara <3 you will be deeply missed.
    😔🍌

warm hugs flying your way JStevie. I know how much y'all loved each other. Have comfort in the fact that she will be with you everywhere you go. Hold onto them memories real tight, and keep those emojis at the top of your list, because that's what she would want.

• Thanks, jBeezy, I appreciate it! I know she thought you were cool people👍 I will definitely hold on to the memories. I know your prayer game is as tight as anyone's here, so if you can send some up for her and her family, they could use them🙏🏻

• Ur so welcome. If u need listening ear, u know im here for u❤️ I definitely am sending my prayers to u and her family.

• I can't believe this has happened. She has commented on my old questions here and there, she's awesome sauce rolled up in alcohol slapped with coolness and sass.

She will of course be missed by those who remember her.
    R. I. P Kris85 will you spread the awesomeness you have above far and wide ❤️😪🙏🏽

• "She's awesome sauce rolled up in alcohol slapped with coolness and sass." This... I couldn't have said it any better. Thanks so much, Mooky❤️

• Of course Steve! Sorry to here about the lost of your best friend. If I knew anything, it was that you were extremely close to her then all of us combined *hugs*

• She sounds like she was really cool. Unreal post. I ferl badly for her kids.

• She was amazing, especially as a mother. Keep her kids in your thoughts. Thank you❤️

• This is unbelievable and so... :( RIP

• I don't know her but I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope she rests in peace and my heart goes out to her three little babies.

• Oh my god I am at a loss for words. I thought she was really cool from the few interactions we had. I am so sorry friend. May she rest in peace. 😭😥

• She was pretty damn cool from the few interactions that we had around here. She had a no nonsense attitude and wasn't afraid to speak her mind. I'm so sorry to hear about this. I know how close you guys were and my heart breaks for you bud. May she rest in peace. I'll definitely keep her family in my prayers. ❤

• I appreciate that homey!❤️💚 This is a tough one for sure. Definitely send some up for her little tykes, they need it the most.

• I most definitely will.

• That was kinda a shock to hear..

RIP Canadian Kris.

• It's awful. Her service is today at 1:00 PM Mountain time. Throw up a thought and/or prayer around that time if you think of it.

• Damn, this is awful. I didn't speak to her much but I remember seeing her answers and her 'take no shit' attitude and being impressed. Thoughts go out to her kids and the rest of her family, and also to you for your loss <3

• I don't know if this a joke or if its true? Which ever it is its very sad. ):

• Just came across this after taking a break. This is horrible :( While I never talked to her, I always appreciated her no-nonsense attitude around here. Even then, it was so apparent how you two hit it off right from the beginning. So sorry for your loss. I hope you are coping well.

• Yeah, sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I'm past the initial shock but it's still a bummer. I keeping seeing or thinking something and I automatically reach for my phone to text her😢 I just try to remember she'd want me to laugh it up somehow, so I try to just remember the good times. Sucks, but what can you do?😕 Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate them and I know she would too♥️

• I've actually never interacted with her personally, but enjoyed seeing her sassiness around here. I was hoping before I clicked this that it wouldn't be her death and I was genuinely disappointed in hearing that it was. Death is always a very very sad thing. May she rest in peace.

• I'm shocked...

I've seen her around, but I never talked to her. So, we weren't close.
    But still, it's hard to believe.
    She was so young and her kids won't have their mother around, it's sad and painful...

R. I. P. Kris85

• Terribly sad😢 Still can't believe it😞

• Yeah, it's been a tough couple of weeks. Thank you❤️ It's the kids that make it so bad, I just feel terrible about it.

• I can see why.
      You're welcome :)
      Yes, they're in a difficult situation right now. They must be lost...

• How did she pass?

• Pulmonary embolism. Blood clot from the legs that traveled to her lungs😢

• Omg I do remember her so well. I sometimes interacted with her in the comments too when a catfish whore shows up. I like how she seemed to be like a genuine Person, and how she seemed to never censor herself, just like me. I never interacted with her in private, but I remember I did like her.

• I haven't been on GaG or facebook much, I had no idea. This is devastating.

• More from Girls
    17

What Guys Said 60

• I have never heard of her before now but it is ALWAYS sad when an innocent person dies. I hope you feel better

• it's always sad when someone dies too young

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...136e0742d5.jpg

• She seemed like such a beautiful person inside and out, That was shocking and very sad to read.
    And i really hate hearing it.

• Wow, I never had much interactions with her, but it sucks to hear what happened.

• Holy shit... I can't believe this!!! She was an angel!!!

• I know man. Devastating doesn't even begin to describe it. She really liked you bro, thanks for being a positive part of her life👊

• She was a real as they come, and you could love it or kick rocks. But still just a solid, solid person. This is as big of a loss as I've ever experienced.

• More like a Valkyrie in my experience

• She was a dope ass chick, may she rest in peace. :-/

• I didn't know her, but you fairly bring her to life with your superb tribute. Sorry for your loss! And ours as well.

• don't feel like i interacted with her but i am certainly sorry for her untimely passing. 36 is so young.

• This can't be true I saw her here the other day

• Sad but true, man. Way too soon. You never expect people our age to go out like that.

• Agreed. Thanks for the kind sentiments, it means a lot and I know she would appreciate it👊

• Yes Its from the heart.

• O wow man =/ I'm really sorry to hear that I had no idea she had passed away, I wish you and her family the best.

• Wow man.. just wow. This doesn't feel real. I kind of don't know how to react. She was a badass for sure and she will be missed. I wish I had something more profound to say but I'm in shock.

• That's ok man. I'm not really sure what to say about it either. And it's not like I can go to her memorial service, I have no passport and I don't know her family. This will be weird to process.

• Seriously. I always told her how amazed I was that she could juggle 3 kids, school, and a full dance card on the weekends. She lived short, but oh so hard👍

• You actually *can* get a passport in about six hours, if you go to your local (Boston, for you) passport office, line up at the Will Call windows at the crack of dawn, have all yr paperwork in order, and have printed proof of the memorial service ("immediate international travel" is an accepted reason for urgent processing). I think you have to pay something like a $60 expedite fee on top of all the other passport fees, but... yeah. It's not impossible.

• Rip in peace fellow gager.

Why post this

It was a tribute to my friend and fairly active user on here, and it also served as an announcement so those who liked her would know and not be left wondering why she disappeared.

Oh, I remember this user. I understand that she's gone now, and I don't want to be "that person", so the less I say about her, the better.

Well, I mean, just by saying that you've made yourself "that person", but you've done it under the look of anonymity. Well done👏 But it's all good, she enjoyed trading barbs with the people who didn't like her, she'd actually laugh and laugh that this was posted, so in a way, thanks!👍

*under the cloak

OMG. I must have missed this when I was on vacation. This is such terrible news.

Even though I didn't know her well, it's terribly upsetting because I used to see her on here all the time. I was wondering why I haven't seen her around in a while but I just assumed that she was busy or lost interest. We used to cross paths here and there and I always enjoyed our interactions because she was sassy, funny, and quite easy on the eyes. I could tell that we would've gotten along great because of all the hoe jokes we used to make.

My heart goes out to you, @whitesteve, and especially her children. I wish this wasn't true.

RIP, Dara :(

• I have been gone for a while, but this just hit me like a train. I can't imagine not talking to her anymore. Please message me when you have the chance and tell me a little of what happened. This is a very unwelcome way to start my time back here,

• I will pray for her soul right now. May her memory be eternal in God's book of life!

• This is very sad to hear. Hang in there. I'll keep her kids in my prayers. On a lighter note, she even looks Canadian.

• Thanks bro. She'd take that as the highest of compliments, haha🇨🇦

• Who?

• Just terriblelly sad news. Just shows to never take life for granted, as one is never too youn to have it taken away.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ihRRs5A_jI

• More from Guys
    40