GaG "Get Your Work Noticed" Contest Winners Revealed!

GaG

Less than two weeks ago, we decided to give GirlsAskGuys users a chance to test their content creation chops. Could you create a piece of content that would grab the eyes of both GaG members and the outside world?

Well, this Get Your Work Noticed contest is now finished and we've tallied the numbers. Before we reveal the winners, a few notes:

1. The goal here was to get Featured. Being Promoted only gets you so far; if your Take doesn't get Featured, there's almost no chance it receives as many views as one that is simply Promoted, because Featured Takes go on our home page and are almost guaranteed a post on Facebook and Twitter. Therefore, being an Editor is no great advantage in this case. In fact, the winner of this contest is NOT an Editor. ;)

2. The idea that quality was irrelevant was wrong from the start, though of course a catchy headline is essential. The subject matter, title, and presentation of the Take is ultimately what matters, and you can't produce unreadable drivel and expect to get noticed. Furthermore, we got a lot of "clickbait" Takes for this test and frankly, none of them did very well because the content itself wasn't great. And obviously, sex-based content isn't an automatic winner. This perfectly illustrates what makes for good content, and why the idea that "anyone can do this" is critically flawed.

Now, the winners!

Winner, $25 Amazon Gift Card: 10 Reasons Why You Should Cheat by @sixnineanon

2nd Place, +1,000 XPER: 10 Sure Signs That a Woman is Horny by @Supersonic_Sex_Ninja

3rd Place, +500 XPER: How to Get Fitter and Healthier the Easy Way: My Self Care Plan by @Hannah591

And because there were so many great entries, and to highlight more entries that got lots of attention:

4th: Here's to Dad: Top 10 Best Fathers in the Animal Kingdom by @RainbowFanGirl

5th: My Beef With Vegans by @RainbowFanGirl

6th: You Can Be An Animal Lover and Still Eat Meat: To You Vegans and Vegetarians! by @SweetHomicidalQueen

7th: Things I've Learned About Females Throughout My Life by @ManOnFire

8th: 8 Sure Signs That a Guy is Horny by @Supersonic_Sex_Ninja

9th: 5 Tips for Approaching Your Crush by @Mustachekitteh

10th: Sexy Online Babes Who Will Fool Men Into Thinking They're Hot by @Stacyzee

It's an interesting assortment, isn't it? Animals, health, relationships/dating, etc. And yes, most of these are Editors but let's not forget that they're Editors for a reason...they tend to write a lot and they're pretty good at it. :P But again, as you can see, the overall winner was not an Editor and in fact, it wasn't that close. That 10 Reasons You Should Cheat eclipsed everyone with relative ease, while everything else was pretty closely packed.

P.S. Sorry to RainbowFanGirl, who always does great stuff and just missed the cut with not one, but two, really solid pieces. Your day will come, I'm sure! :)

Fathoms77 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 14

thanks for the recognization

and i thought you were doing both genders for each 1st 2nd and 3d?

Congrats to all the winners and honorable mentions!

Wooh thank-you! :D

I used to be an Editor until I ran through a dry season and couldn't think of anything for months, so I'm an ex editor. :D

I didn't know that.

@ManOnFire I could work on getting the editor badge back but I don't care about the pressure of hurry up and come up with something.

That's what I don't like either. So it's like I tell people, "When I have something to say, I'll let you know."

Congrats @sixnineanon

Thanks for the mention , it shows your wide appreciation for all members. I believe this is being done due to the ranting i have witnessed those do when they feel unaccomplished because they haven't won. However , I must say that addition of this take is un necessary and you should just stick to the point by mentioning the winners , not those who attempted.
    The contest was a "cheat" one. I went back and forth on whether I should participate. It pretty much was a popularity contest , who could draw the most attention to their take by getting members to click on it and by broadcasting it on social media. I didn't do any of that , I just wrote a take which interests me as always.

But that takes an "effort"

Earning your views and clicks takes an effort not telling others to click on it , broadcast it on social media or make a title that will attract clicks.

Ah, oh well. I tried so hard too. I was writing takes like crazy hoping to win. :(

Oh i so should have entered the Autism Take, ha!

Aren't all of those users editors?

Congrats to all the winners and honorable mentions 🎉🎉🎉🎊🎊🎊🌟🌟🌟👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻😘😘😘

Awwww I knew I wasn't going to win...

i won :D

The one I wrote got featured but didn't make it to the top. It was hastily written though. I can do better and I shall next time!

I wasn't even in the top 10, even though I submitted countless myTakes for this contest. However, I didn't share any of the myTakes on Facebook or Twitter. I don't like attaching my real name on articles related to sex or controversial topics. *sigh*

At this rate, the only steady way to earn a lot of Xper points is by writing Featured Takes. An automatic promotion and 50 points for Editors, and 200 points for Promoted and Featured.

You wrote plenty of Takes that got solid attention. Just because they didn't totally blow up hardly means they're worthless, and they do well on the site, too. :)

Since the top 10 has been ranked, are the others rank too? And if so, do you know what my rank is? Does the number of page views ultimately determine the rank, or is it something else?

We just looked at overall page views for this contest. I can't post exact numbers for articles, though.

What Guys Said 13

Que? My same-sex 'marriage' one received more comments than nearly everything in the top 10 past the winning 3. Is there a difference between views and comments?

Of course. A very big difference. Though there's certainly nothing wrong with getting lots of comments. :)

I noticed the same thing. I was placed at ten but I noticed I had more comments than some above me

Still pretty cool to be in the Top 10. Congrats to the winners!

Cool, Thanks :)

A great piece sixnineanon's take in detail was very short lol that's hilarious.

Are these contests good for the publicity of the website?

I noticed a big increase in the facebook likes for this page :o like 6k new likes
    cause it was stuck for a long time in 122k

Hi, Anybody had problem with posting for the last competition I really like to know. Reason my blog got removed newer to be seen again I did try to contact the top brass but no responds so fare and that was 6/24/16.

Congrats @sixnineanon on the greatest clickbait (why the fuck didn't I think of it) no shame if you getting paid.

Oh well this is what happens when you don't hashtag your mytake with #seemywork

Maybe if someones 6'9" it means their brain is bigger so I'm not suprised...

[Off-topic]
    '10 Sure Signs That a Woman is Horny' is placed at second while '8 Sure Signs That a Guy is Horny' is placed at eight.
    Vagina > Penis
    We are inferior sex ;_;

[On-topic]
    Congrats @sixnineanon
    I've read your opinion and if you have that big heart then I must salute you. I remember you asked a question on G@G that what would we do if we met you in real life, I must say I'll shake your hand and enjoy your company :)

@Rainbowfangirl your animal take was the best :)

Thank you it means a lot coming from you. :)

@sixnineanon is a great guy, that was so generous of him to do. Also, his take caused a lot of controversy and it was fun to watch people freak out in the comments. :) His take was awesome haha.

I felt hopeless for a couple of weeks now and his generosity made my entire day!

Thanks guys, for your kind words. I'm glad it made your day 😃

@sixnineanon no problem <3 :)

Congrats @sixnineanon

No surprise I lost. One day I'll get lucky though I believe.

I think @RainbowFanGirl should take first place. I'll give the prize to her.