If you disappear completely. Will that make him miss me or will I lose him completely?

I haven't been able to get over my three year relationship after beeing dumped. We are staying friends but I just wanna disappear to avoid anymore... Show More

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm currently in your situation.

Actually, we broke up over a year ago, but I still haven't fully moved on from him, and I still think of him every day. We broke up on good terms, and technically we are friends, and I do still hope he will come back some day. So, until just two weeks ago, I kept all his contact details, so that if he wanted to he could contact me.

I finally decided to delete his MSN because I didn't want to think about him anymore. It was a really hard decision, not just because he's a good guy and I didn't want to lose him as a friend, but also because guys have said that if I want him back, I should stay in touch. So sometimes I still question my decision to delete him.

But then I remember that it's been a year, and it's me that has been holding myself back this whole time. As much as I fear forgetting him and losing him, I want even more to move on for myself, because I've held this hope for too long. And I remind myself too that if it's meant to be, it'll happen regardless of what I do. And if he wanted to, he definitely knows how to contact me.

Sometime in the future, maybe a year or maybe longer, I'll definitely talk to him again, but until then, I'll do something for myself because I deserve it. And just trust to my status as his first love that he will think of me.