Locking eyes - Does it mean anything?

Generally what does it mean, if anything? I was walking down the hallway and I made eye contact with a very attractive female. We held if from a... Show More

Most Helpful Girl

• "Locking eyes" is the Romantic's term for "staring intensely" or "losing yourself" while staring into another person's eyes. It indicates that you've been captured by the person's stare and are having a hard time looking away. It's a sign that you're into the person -- and that they're into you.

In business meetings it's a sign that the other person is trying to read/intimidate you. In romance it's a sign that the person is trying to read or understand something about you. In both cases they're often looking for a "tell" of what you'll allow...and what they can get away with, lol.

She's into you. The fact that you look looked back at her tells you that you liked the attention, though it made you uncomfortable at first. Something like that happened to me once and I'd look down at my hands or his tie, but when I looked back up he'd still be staring, sort of grinning, stoking the flames with his eyes. ;-)

Enjoy the moment for what it is. It doesn't necessarily have to amount to anything.