Why does my face get fat when I am on my period?

I now there is bloating, but I don't really get that too bad around the waistline. My clothes still fit good, and I don't really gain weight. However, I would rather have that then getting a fat face. And this isn't something I only notice, a lot of people do. My friends always know when I am on my period, and it's not because I get bitchy (well I probably do) or anything but because of my face, Why does it get so bloated, and why does it look so different. I've proven this is true too. I took pictures of my face during my period and when I wasn't. It's just something that bothers me because everyone judges people based on their face on first impression. I'm going on a date for New Years and I am going to be on my period, so I am going to look bad. It's a blind date.

No girls have experienced this?

Most Helpful Girl

• The answers to this question are so ridiculously stupid

It's water retention. It's possible to get bloated or swollen anywhere on your body.

If it's on your face, try sleeping with your head elevated on a pillow. Cut back on salty/greasy/sodium packed foods. Drink 8-10 cups of water a day.

^Do this a week before(and while on) your period and you might notice a reduction in the swelling.

Fluids tend to build up when you sleep on a non-elevated surface so an elevated head will help fluids flow downwards. Salt and sodium can lead to water retention. Water will flush out the excess fluids.

• And I's normal. I've gotten it occasionally. I've found that drinking water and cutting salty foods outta my diet helps