Why would he lie about having a girlfriend?

I've been talking to a guy for a while now and we get along really well. He told me he had broken up with his girlfriend a while back an didn't have a gf. We finally decided to hang out and when we did it was nice. We hung out at his house watched movies, cuddled, held hands and kissed, he kept telling me how pretty I was. he didn't try anything sexual which I found nice because I felt like he really liked me. The next day he asked if I like him and I said yes and he told me he liked me too. Just recently I found he had a facebook after he told me he didn't and it said he was in a relationship with some girl. when I asked him about it he said that it was old and hadn't changed it. I then went to his myspace and it changed from single to in a relationship. I checked out the girls page and her status says she can't wait to see her bf. Why would he lie? Its not like he just wants sex he's never forced himself on me and we've never slept with each other. He always talks about how he wants to go dancing with me and talks about future dates. Does he really like me? why would he keep lying about having a girlfriend? ohh and apparently they have been dating for like 3 months. I had even told him before that I was looking for a relationship(a bf) and that I don't do hook ups or friends with benefits. and he told me he wasn't like that and he also wanted a relationship but he wanted to "have fun and take things step by step first" I don't know what that means. When I found out he had a girlfriend I told him I had a boyfriend just to see what he did or said( I don't have a bf) he then got kind of upset, I told him I was joking and that I didn't . I asked him what would he do if I did? and he said he'd stop talking to me. I'm confused is that why he's lied about having a girlfriend because he's afraid id stop talking to him?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000 characters

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share opinion!

Earn 1 extra Xper Point for being the first!!

What Girls Said 1

• A security blanket, something to fall back on if you and him don't work out. I'm sure he likes you or at least likes spending time with you, but he may not be sure whether or not you are girlfriend material yet. The obvious answer as to why he lied about telling you if he had a girlfriend or not is because you would have walked away or never hung out with him from the get go. I would say in this situation his girlfriend is the one being used right now since you were the first to figure out there's another woman. You have two options really... one- tell him to inform his current girlfriend of yours and his relationship, best way to know that he has is to speak to him and her both at the same time. two- find another guy hun. Personally I would go with option 2 and suggest that you do as well. He's lied to you from the start, he's lied to his current girlfriend which shows how he acts in a relationship with a girl, and he attempted to cover up a lie by telling you he didn't "update" his facebook. Lies+cheating+sneaky+other woman= not a good guy to date at all.