What would you do if your girlfriend proposed?

Most Helpful Guy

• This is kind of weird I just read a news today about the 29th of Feb being as a day in which girls propose to their loved ones

To me I believe that it is going to be predictable since girls give a lot of hints rather than saying whatever the thing is in ur face so I wouldn't make it reach to a point where she gets on her knees and ask me for my hand instead I would do that if I really want her or drift away and if I failed I would definitely be happy and appreciate her!

Now I guess that everyone wants to feel special even if it is something that the society doesn't buy but at the end of the day, deep down they will feel on top of the world.
    There is something about most of the men that I believe girls take for granted is that when the opposite side gives a full range of expression girls do start playing games even if they like the boy but men wouldn't. Not saying they are angels but they just don't

• you are saying if men express themselves women play games? the question is about women expressing themselves and men reacting. some guys are saying they'd say no even if they would've asked themselves.

Most Helpful Girl

• Welp I was the first to ask him if he wanted to be in a relationship with me. So i guess I should be the one to do that as well. Though I don't think I could keep a straight face while asking. If that ever crosses my mind down the road. Mainly since I suck horrible at trying to ask anything that serious. I would probably end up cracking under how nervous I would be. Then do something extremely silly and goofy by how I would ask. :D

Just thinking about it feels kind of weird. Mainly due to how serious that kind of thing seems.

What Guys Said 62

• Mademoiselle,

Does the Horse ride the Jockey? Does the moon dictate when the Sun Rises? Does the Ocean when the Tide should come in?

Let your man ask you, when you are ready. This is Natural in every way. A Knight should ask a Lady for her hand. To provide for her, and protect her, as her Father would have done, when he is ready and able to do so.

It would be bad form otherwise.

• i totally agree with you, i dont want a girl to propose to me. Like is she the man in the situation? My family would not like that either which would make matters worse.

• @hazoplmeught Thanks, this is the way it should be

• @hazoplmeught I don't think you get it. People aren't "strong" or "weak". We all have moments of weakness and moments of strength.

• Neither of us are Christian, and I don't feel like I need a paper to prove our love.

The only reason I'd marry at all, is if she really wanted to
    so if she proposed, I don't see why not. I'd give her a wonderful wedding
    getting married only means that we want to stay together, it's not like we're
    planning kids.. yet. ^.^

• So, in normal case, you don't want to get married?
      If yes, then why not? It's not strictly a religious thing. It's just a celebration and an occasion to remember.

• @YourFutureEx It's not that I don't want to, rather than I don't need to
      I see it like having a party "just because we can".

But I wouldn't say no if she wanted.

• 1|0
  • I would be so happy.
    If I had a girlfriend.

• If I was in a position to accept, then that's what I'd do. I'm sure it would have been discussed way before, so that we can be sure we're compatible.

Of course, I might beat her to it and ask her myself. it doesn't matter a damn who asks. it's the end result that counts!!

• If It happened today I would say no.

I am only 23, still at university, no job yet, definitely not family material.

• If I had a girlfriend, I would be very happy, and I would accept

• Well if I had a girlfriend whom I loved, I wouldn't mind if she asked me out. Why not?

• If we had talked about marriage and agreed upon it happening then she proposed I would not be against it! I would probably be shocked and nervous, but I would say yes :D
    (although personally I would like to propose)

• i really dont know. i know that I'll be silent for a while though.

• Get a spontanious headace.

I am to young to marry and not willing to for a few years, but i'd certainly want to be with her. So i'd need a really good think about it, ill probably reject it in the end explaining why i want to wait and ensuring her that from the moment we got together i did it with the intentions of staying together forever.

• If I wanna get married, I'd say yes.
    I'd be a little saddened I couldn't propose myself and give her the surprise, but that's it. I would happily say yes if I wanted to marry her.

• If I was ready to get married and she proposed to me, I'd kiss her and say "(insert name here), will you marry me?"...
    ...
    ...
    ... just to feel like I'm the man proposing. ;-)

• If I felt ready to say yes, I'd say yes. It's that simple. I wouldn't mind her proposing me.

• Throw myself out of a window.

• I tell her to ask again tomorrow so I could beat her to it the next day

• I would be happy and say yes to her... ! :-) as I would be with someone only if I see a future with them.

• If we had been dating for a sufficient amount of time and I felt marriage was right for us, I'd go for it.

• I'd say yes.

• If we are ready, say yes

• ... as long as she got down on one knee ;)

• Hot,... ok? I would accept as long as we were past a year of dating or longer the better.

• I'd be really happy that I'd marry a great woman.

• I don't see my current girlfriend as a girl that I want to marry. Its just the way its, its not clicking, maybe not now or maybe in the future.

Id have 2 choices, say yes or run away from the scene. If I say no, Id get slapped in the face.

• Why are you with her if you've already decided that you don't want to marry her?

• @YourFutureEx Thanks

- at least you were honest with her, I guess.

• if you think she'd slap you for saying no, why are you with her.

• Well definitely not before 27 and I need at least 3 years of relationship including 1 year live in.
    Because I really need to know if it will work or not, not fond of shuffling my shit around, am only gonna marry once.

• I would be happy if I wanted to marry her.

• The reason women rarely propose (and rarer still that they get a "yes") is because a woman can't go to her knee without a man going to his zipper...

• If I was ready to get married I would accept and go get our rings made up unless she already has them. I am not ready for that at this time

• Accept it? Lol , I don't have girlfriend at the moment

• say no.

• More from Guys
    32

What Girls Said 12

• One of my aunts proposed to her now husband and they're completely happy together now.

• I think it's fine. It's still the same sentiment, who cares who makes it happen? I'm not one for tradition.

• The boyfriend says he has no issue with being proposed to by me, just not anytime soon.

• If August rolls around... I may be doing just that :p

• Don't jump the gun, and don't underestimate a young man's love.

If you truly want some insight, men are hard on the outside, but very sensitive on the inside. It's why we say stupid things when we are drunk... "I love you man... No, I LOVE YOU MAN". LOL

Hint: Don't pressure him. Men hate that... I have been married for almost 21 years, I have made so many mistakes, it's crazy.

I am not saying you should sit there until you are an Old Maid, but give your boy a chance to catch up to you in maturity.

In any case, you should be enjoying every moment with him, hopely.

• @Married-in-PA lol it's been 4 and a half years. He has been dropping some heavy hints about a July proposal. Ergo... if August rolls around and nada then I'll do it lol

• I love your comment, "If August rolls around, then Nada, I'll do it". Laughing out loud (in a good way).

You make it sound like a play option in Football... if you can't find a man open to throw to, you are just going for the QB sneak, you'll take the damn ball across the goal line yourself, if you have to. LOL

• we'll i'd be surprised as shit cause i don't have a girlfriend so where did this mystery bitch come from lol. It's not a big deal if she did If i was a guy i wouldn't care and if i was into vagina literally lol same applies. y'all should want the same if not move on but don't rush it either. Namaste

• This would have been a nice pole... If I were in a relationship that was getting serious, I'd ask the guy's thoughts on it before considering doing the asking. I don't have a preference of who would make the proposal.

• Say nope lol since I don't want to get married.

• I'd say yes, honestly

• I just read that today, being leap year, is the only day girls can propose to their guy in the UK.

• Thanks for information :)

• It's not the only day women are allowed to propose in the UK, it's just that that is the case according to Irish folklore

• Id probably be like "I'm flattered! I didn't even know I was dating anyone, much less a girl!"

I don't think it would be too big of a deal. Maybe it would be surprising.

• I will never propose to no man. Im old school. But i will give him clear signs that I am ready for marriage.

• My boyfriend would say no