Would you engage in necrogamy?

http://www.ancient-origins.net/sites/default/files/field/image/Ghost-Marriages.jpg

Necrogamy or posthumous marriage is a marriage of two parties where one is deceased at the time of matrimony.

Most cases of necrogamy occur in France and China, as far as I know.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't see the use. It's allowed in France law but under extreme cases, the President has to actually give his consent for such an act to occur and the marriage has barely any effect except for the widow to carry her deceed "husband"'s last name.

• First time it was allowed , it was in order to legitimate a kid that was about to get born but the father and mother weren't married and they were about to get married but he died in an accident (because otherwise he would have been considered a besterd kid).
      Nowadays it happens in very rare occasions because the concept of basterd kid doesn't exist anymore in French law, or at least not like before.

What Guys Said 5

• I would. Then I could say I was married without the whole being annoyed by nagging or having to make space bit.

• Yes, till death do us part.

• Hell to the no.

• naah,

• uhm i am french and no... we don't have necrogamy

• its not some popular thing, they aren't gonna put that in the newspapers...

• oh.. ok... good lol. I like to be blamed for negative shit but "faith in humanity" uh-uh... i'll pass on that lol.

What Girls Said 6

• France... figures. Hashahahaha xD

• I understand why people do it as some people believe that you should never be alone in the afterlife, but as an atheist I don't believe in any of that so it is just weird.

• This is too weird

• Totally not surprised to see this on gag.

• :/ well... that's a bit creepy

• That sounds super weird. No.