****** SNOWY facts ******

****** SNOWY facts ******

• An average snowflake is made up of 180 billion molecules of water.

• Around 12% of the Earth’s land surface is covered in permanent snow and ice.

• All snowflakes have six sides.

• Chionophobia is a fear of snow.

• Eskimos Have 100 Words for Snow: This isn’t true. It’s a myth.

• Snow is actually colorless. What little sunlight is absorbed by snow is absorbed uniformly over the wavelengths of visible light thus giving snow its white appearance.

• People buy more cakes, cookies and candies than any other food when a blizzard is in the forecast.

• The storm must last at least 3 hours to be classed as a blizzard otherwise it is only a snowstorm.

• The average snowflake falls at a speed of 5 kilometers!

LittleSally is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 4

• Send me some snowflake, I never seen snowing

• Beautiful Winter scenery :)

• i'm not presenting an argument. lol. just nudging you to see if u can figure it out on your own.

• do u mean the part when she says snowflakes have no colour?

Nothing has colour unless it reflects light. Snow reflects all the wavelenghts that are visible to the human eye, thus rendering itself white. But that happens with all white objects, not only snow.

I think...

• red objects only reflect the wavelenght correspondent to red

black objects absorb all wavelenghts, not reflecting any of them and that is why u see them black.

so white is the presence of all colour and black the absence of all colours.

• you're turning me on.

• This MyTake is a good MyTake

What Girls Said 3