What's nerdier... dungeons and dragons or magic the gathering?

Before people trip shit I don't have a problem with either, I just want to know which one is classified as nerdier.

• D&D
    55% (6)36% (8)42% (14)Vote
  • Magic
    18% (2)5% (1)9% (3)Vote
  • They're both awesome!
    9% (1)36% (8)27% (9)Vote
  • I've never heard of those
    18% (2)23% (5)22% (7)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
1|14

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 13

• They are both fucking AWESOME!
    D&D especially!

1|0
    0|0
  • As a former player myself, I'd say D&D.

In high school, I knew one guy who claimed to have been descended of elves. No shit. I was at a Denny's a few months back with a woman I was dating. We spotted a group playing some RPG over in the corner. I told her I used to be one of those guys. She laughed and said I should go over there and tell them, "This could be you" and she would make out with me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Both are awesome!

I'd say dungeons though, for the sheer principle some folk get really... really into it and get rather agitated if you fuck up

media2.giphy.com/media/CrAeSxnvPeXVC/200w.gif

1|0
    0|0
  • D&D but in their earlier days i guess... back in 70s-80s, when RPGs weren't so known to the public :)

1|0
    0|0
  • I have a brother who plays Magic (and has flown places to play tournaments) and who also played D&D for a stretch, so I have a little secondhand knowledge. They seem to both be pretty full-time commitments that require getting into the culture if you want to enjoy them. Of the two, I'd say Magic is a tiny bit more mainstream, since it's comparable to popular playing cards-based games like Poker.

1|0
    0|0
  • I grew up playing Dungeons & Dragons (I still have my first edition blue rule book). It is truly the landmark nerd game!

0|0
    0|0
  • definitely dungeons and daggers. i used to play world of warcraft for a while and even then i used to make fun of people playing d&d

1|0
    0|0
  • Neither is nerdy. LARPing on the other hand...

0|0
    0|0
  • Hey... I loved D&D when I was a kid! Lol

1|0
    0|0
  • The are equals? I have only played Magic a few times

0|0
    0|0
  • 1|0
    0|0
  • uuugghh.

They're both... nerdy.

Flashbacks to roommates... cheez-its smashed on the floor... untrimmed toenails and long hair... movie references... trying to do homework...

1|0
    0|0
  • I've heard of dungeons and dragons because of the nerd thing, I haven't heard of the other one though. So I'm gonna say dungeons and dragons.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1