What does it take to be held back a grade?

Out of curiosity :if a student in high school ends the year with good passing grades but two 67%s in two subjects will they have to repeat those courses in their next grade level? 67% isn't really considered passing

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope, i had (D) 67 % and they told me even 60% is passing with below average
    and they aren't allowed to make you make them courses or hold you back
    keep your chin up !!! In High School i had one of the most ugliest grades
    and even in Middle School and they never held me back :/

What Guys Said 3

• In high school, it's more of not getting enough credits to be considered so and so. If you need those two classes to graduate you will have to retake them.

• Cousin passed eighth grade with two Ds so I'm curious if that works in high school. But I think you do technically take the next grade level you just repeat those failed courses , or am I mistaken?

• Ok yeah thanks this makes so much more sense to me 😂no one else has really been good at explaining any of this to me not even my counselor so thank you a lot😂you've enlightened me

• I'm happy to help.

• That's up to teacher discretion.

• becoming a dumbarse

What Girls Said 3

• At my high school, it was not having enough credits to pass for the year.

• It varies depending on the school, the administrator, and the reason. If you WANT to be held back, your parents can just request it. If you don't, then have your parents go in and fight it.

• failing the year.

• Wait so you'd have to repeat that grade level? Or just the courses?