Why do people only show half their faces in pictures? Are they trying to hide something?

Never understood this.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 9

• I think so. Some people are famous but when you look at their photos, they always use the same poise over and over again. Hillary duff was a prime example of this.

• i didn't want my whole face out there. but didn't like not having a picture. haha!

• Interesting

• i get what you mean tho. haha! looks like i cropped out my nose or something.
      and i've noticed a lot of people have pics like that.

• I take those half photos too. Some people just prefer the angle. Or maybe they don't look as good as they want to so they take half photos. I have a question for you. Why don't people put profile pictures of themselves?

• What do you mean?

• I don't think anything in the comment I wrote was unclear. Please elaborate.

• Not everyone wants their face on the Internet. I don't get what you're asking

• their finger is covering the lens?

• Yes, my massive forehead.

You didn't see a thing...

• When you talk about the half face thing it's actually common in face modeling, it became popular everywhere and this is why you see this in pictures. It has nothing to do with hiding something lol

• Some people have a bad side and a good side.

• Because it makes you look better :P

• If the same part is always hidden, then maybe. But who cares...

What Guys Said 7

• Alright... well... if you insist...

vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

• I do that sometimes.. like my profile pic. I know I'm a nobody (not famous) but I don't want my full face out around the internet. I don't do pics that much in general though. I've been on facebook for like 4 years now and I've only upload like 8 pics

• Bad selfies and bad centring on profile pics

• Using my 90's cartoon logic I have deduced they must be horribly disfigured due to some kind of accident.

• It's an artistic metaphor.
    Sorry, *autistic metaphor

• Girls tend to do this more. Then when you a see a full body shot, it's rolls for days.

• I suck at taking pics and no one wants to see my fat stomach.