Can I be a hand model?

Hand models make a lot of money, and I was wondering if I should invest my money into a portfolio.
Can I be a hand model?

Most Helpful Girl

• GO FOR IT, GIRL!!!
    Good luck, Hand-Some hands, @DeflectedAileron :)) xx

• Thank you, sweetie, for the upvote. xxoo

• Thanks, sweetie, for allowing me to lend a helping hand.. beautiful and go for it.. I can tell You this.. When I lived in NYC they were always LOOKING for even girls with toes and pose. lolxxoo

What Guys Said 10

• You should chop those claws off.

• I know nothing about hand modeling but you don't look like you have any flaws but I don't think that's a good nail style like Nicole said. Try trimming them a different way.

• Do you think square shaped nails suit me? I think square shaped would make my nails look shorter, but I used to play piano and my piano teachers were envious of my hands 😁

• I've just never seen a hand model with nails that long before. Also I think they want it all one color so you'd want to pick a nail polish to cover the entire nail and pick one that suits you.

• You have good skin with minor flaws near the nails, which can be fixed with makeup. You have learn to do some hand poses and actions for video. Get rid of those nails though.

• Nice hands

Wonder if they have a firm grip ;)

But really. I dunno... I don't think it's like easy to just get into hand modelling

• how do hand models get scouted?

• You have lovely hands

• You could be but those nails are scary damn

• Reminds you of vampires, doesn't it? Not the sparkly, stupid ones from Twilight, the good old Dracula ones.

• wow that is a new thing, I should try for that too
    your hands look nice

• Thanks, you should totally try. If you are confident, go for the portfolio first and make money by people taking photos of your hands! Makes very Good money too for little investment. I never even moisturize or get manicures in salons.

• yeah :) i think so :) you have nice hands

• You never know unless you try, that's what's great about the u. s. Free enterprise, and freedom to do as you please, as a woman, and man too

What Girls Said 13

• you have nice hands but the nails dont suit them. People with long fingers should go for square nails and your style is for those with short fingers to lengthen them :)

Also hand models make about $20 / £15 an hour, on the grand scheme of things, not really worth it. Its some extra cash though so look in to it :)

• I don't like long nails. It is unsanitary and makes it difficult to handle some stuff, plus they look scary because your fingers are already long enough, right?

I think it is best to cut it a little bit to a shape that balances everything so your fingers look a little bit shorter. I don't know about the shape; I am fan of the round edges, but you gotta do what suits you. I think square shape will look better for you.

But yeah, you can do it, girl. I don't see why not!

• Thank you for the advice! And yes, I used to think long fingers with long nails would look pretty, but I think there is a margin where too long looks freaky. And I can't play piano with long finger nails, so I think the neatly cut manicure looks great. Thing is, if I cut all my nails off, my hands do look ugly.

• No, don't cut it all off. Maybe just 4 mm?
      It will be neater.
      Like something like this for example:
      www.flickr.com/.../photostream

• Your nails kind of scare me a little but your hand looks really soft and well kept.

• Thanks! Do you think square shaped nails suit my hand? Or do my nails need some trimming? Is it freaky because or looks like a vampire's nails (my mom complained about them looking freaky once). I used to play piano :)

• What shape do you think suits my nails? I tried to self French manicure, but it looked horrible on round nail shapes.

• Try shaping your nails.

• Not a fan of the long nails but wow your hand looks smooth.

• Yup! They're beautiful hands. =)

• Your hands look very well kept. Just file your nails, they're kind of scary.

• Your hand is very slender but those nails... oh lordy, they are really horrible! I don't think that's a good look, waaaaaay too long. Can tell you don't do manual labour!

On second glance, I'm not sure if your hand would be too slender, it looks quite boney.

• Hahaha, I play piano, don't know if it has got anything to with being bony and slender. They are quite pianistic, and not healthy or nurtured-looking agencies seek. I hope people are looking for pianistic hand models. If you would call flying and getting hands drenched in aviation fuel not manual labour, then sure.

• I'm not sure, when I was younger, my hands used to be more healthier looking and fleshy. After years of playing piano, I think my muscles in my hands and fingers turned lean. It's basically workout for the hands. This is what piano playing does to your hands.

Yes, I do. Not for hobby or recreational purposes though. Why didn't you go for it?

• I forget that hands can lose weight, too used to my chubby little digits!

• Gorgeous hands, but I personally can't stand your nails.
    Definitely hand model quality though.

• You can do hand modelling BUT invest money in real estate. It's more promising and the housing prices will increase over a period of time in the near future.

• I unfortunately do not have money. I am on debt from flying school already! I was planning to do hand modelling because you don't need work experience and it is easier to get money for just posing for a few photos.

• Oh yes! My apologises sweetpea. You can do hand modelling if you want. Do you know any people in the modelling industry? Keep moisturising your hands and keep you finger nails to a minimum, and don't wear any nail polish (a clear coat is optional)

• Thank you so much for the help! And yes, I like clear nail polish or French manicures. I think my nails are scary because my fingers are long, slender and bony. Square nails should compensate for the shape of my fingers and give the illusion that they are healthy looking.

• Your nails look kind of scary to be honest.
    Your hand look nice, just trim your nail in a different style.

• oh my god your fingers are so long...

• I used to play piano 😁 I could play Rachmaninoff and reach an 11th. All my piano teachers were jealous.

• Your nails are scary as fuck.

• Yeah, you sure can