Do people REALLY care about thigh gaps?

Do people REALLY care about thigh gaps?Do people really care? Does a guy care or not if a girl has one? It's something out of the girl's control, and doesn't have much to do whether they are thin or not. I've seen thicker girls with one because she had wider hips. You're not fat if you don't have one and you're skinny.

So my question is if you're a girl, do you have one? Do you want one of you don't?

And guys, do you care? Would you dump a girl if she didn't have one?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm convinced that thigh gaps are some shit that teenage girls over the internet made up and are the only ones who really even care.

It belongs with the "I'm 5'8" and 110lbs, am I fat?" "My pinky finger, on my left hand is a little more crooked than my other fingers, will I ever find a man who will accept that?"

Stupid girls online create this shit and promote insecurities, it's really sad.

I've never even heard the term "thigh gap" irl. I have thick thighs and I get approached a lot so obviously it doesn't bother a lot of men.

What Guys Said 46

• i think with the obesity problem in the U. S. people have become reluctant to shame fat people. The thigh gap obsession strikes me as a work-around to still show preference to a skinny feature, without directly insisting that girls be skinny.

• I know man what did fat people do to you? I'm overweight and I'm doing something about it but these people who shame make me want to stop eating all together tbh

• Hmm interesting.

• Wtf is with this new thigh gap thing lol. I don't even find it attractive. In b4 women start buying thigh gap surgery.

• "Do people REALLY care about thigh gaps?"
    "And guys, do you care? Would you dump a girl if she didn't have one?"

Naw and just make sure that ya coochie is clean and we won't have a problem...

• The thigh gap feels like a media event to me - Really would any guy know or care what a thigh gap was if it wasn't plastered all over the public perception - We were told we should like women with thigh gaps next year it will be odd socks.

• Nah. New name, old old idea.

It's been known as the "Q angle" since at least WWII. It has significant ramifications for women's sports medicine. Women with bigger Q angles have different shear stresses on their knees during sports, and need different prehab exercises accordingly.

In terms of beauty, it's been known since antiquity. Antiquity, dude. Ancient sculptures of beautiful women had wide Q angles.

The only difference is that to have a thigh gap, you need a wide Q angle plus sufficiently low body mass. Basically, you have to be... young. LOL

Nothing new under the sun.

• In French it's named "une rivière parisienne" and that wasn't very positive.

• the thigh gap and q angle are not the same thing.

it is something new, made up by the fashion industry

• pbs.twimg.com/.../xMpMXax5.jpeg
    In my entire life and in all my travels to over 17 countries around the globe, I've never met a single guy that cares about thigh gaps.

The only people that do care are insecure girls, and there no reason for them to e insecure.

• Do I care? Not even a little bit.

People didn't even talk about thigh gaps when I was younger.. This is a new beauty phenomenon and total BS in my opinion.

• to me its a pointless question i have only heard about this topic with in the last year (living under a rock someplace) it shouldn't matter if you have one or not. if it does matter they are being narrow minded and are not looking at the hole picture.

• I think they look good. That's all. I couldn't care either way.

• I don't care about the gap unless she has a gap between her ears. Then I'll do a Speedy Gonzalez.

• no
    filler

• I couldn't care less about thigh gaps. Although if you go to my profile page there is a dog in the picture that is curious about them.

• Yes and no... The wide hip bones are nice which helps make the thigh gap but I'd also prefer that space be filled in with thick thighs. Thus, the ideal girl for me isn't going to have one.

For what it is worth I think most guys share this view.

• I really like women's legs and particularly the thighs, but even then, I've never cared about whether or not there was a thigh gap. In fact, I wasn't even aware of what it was until about a year ago. I think as long as she is fit and her legs are nice, it does not matter whether or not she has a gap.

• No, I don't care if she has one or not. While I do look at body shape, this is not the indicator I look for.

• I don't care for a thigh gap sensually. For me the little details don't matter though I know a thigh gap (natural) would be good because then she will have a less traumatizing labor in child-birth.

• I wouldn't say I care but I do have a preference for a gap to be there.

• No it something that doesn't affect anything and is wrongly getting so much attention if I'm honest. So what if you have though gap? Doesn't mean anything its just another natural difference between people.

And no I wouldn't dump a girl if she didn't have it, that's stupid. It is something completely irrelevant in every way.

• I think it's fucking disgusting to have that port of standard because it makes girls think they're fat when they're at a good body weight because their thigh's are touching

Honestly I prefer it that and I love me some full tone maybe a little muscly sexy legs

Yummy

• dump a girl? hahaha id need to get one first XD ok jokes aside no that would be fucking stupid, and super rude and self centered, like the end of that note said, its just your bone structure can't change that

• 1|0
  • Its less the gap between the lower thighs and more about that heart shape. For the heart shape you need full legs

• yes. girls do.

• most guys don't give a shit about thigh gaps!

• Nope don't care at all. This was something new
    Never heard about before on here actually.

• I honestly don't

• Only girls care about crap like this. And maybe a handful of immature guys. But mostly girls.

• I don't care. both can look good :)

• Oh for sure... I was thinking of running around town with a ruler :P

and some body armor!

• No, I don't care. No, I wouldn't dump a girl if she didn't have one.

• I actually love any type. Thigh gap or not. To be honest I'm just into the girls thighs so it don't matter to me

• More from Guys
    16

What Girls Said 25

• The only people who care about having a thigh gap are a small number of high school girls. The rest of us don't give a shit. It's honestly the dumbest thing to care about, besides hip dips.

I'm tall and skinny but I don't have a thigh gap and I don't want one, ever.

• Nah people really don't care. Only a few j'mokes on Gag seem to talk about it. I didn't know what that is until I came upon this site. Thick thighs can be super sexy, and if a girl has thin thighs... that can look great too. I don't think I've ever even had one and have no desire or concern about it one way or another.

• Ffs what is this world coming too? Its actually disturbing. If someone doesn't like you because you need an indent of flesh on your body then they are probably a little brain dead to be honest!!

• I have seen plenty of girls that care, but just two guys that care. Those guys were the shallowest persons I have met, and they are also really ugly and dumb, so no need to care that it might be a deal breaker for someone with a brain.
    Honestly, I care, but just because I like mine (even if it's not a full gap). ^·^ But on other people I don't give a damn. 😛

• Some crazy people do! Other no!

• Hmm looking at the diagram, I would like wider hips-better shape, easier delivery of baby. But I don't care about the thigh gap. I think they usually look really unhealthy.

• Actually I do care. I had no idea what it was until a bunch of people started bringing it up on GAG but when I say I care I mean it looks weird and makes me cringe 😩

Like small ones aren't really bad like how they're comparing thigh gaps vs thick thighs here
    www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php

But the bigger thigh gaps makes girls look bow legged and looks unhealthy like on these examples...

2.bp.blogspot.com/.../1athigh+gap.jpg

(Only the first girl on this one)
    i.ytimg.com/vi/Mwgw5cBxqI8/maxresdefault.jpg

• The only time not having a thigh gap is bad is cause of #chubrub

• I sincerely hope not.

• I never did care. Even way back when.

• i couldn't care about this AT ALL. ill never get it nor do i want it.

• I've never gotten why it matters tbh. I don't have one and I'm not worried about it.

• I have a thigh gap when I sit and when I stand a little but my thigh gap is not that wide though.

• Oh come on. No fat girl is gonna get a thigh gap regardless of what her bones are doing.

• It's mostly women who perpetuate that "thigh gap" bullshit, but I do know some guys who like thigh gaps... most of whom are still in high school.

On an evolutionary standpoint, however, wider hips are ideal for childbirth, so guys being into "thigh gaps" could also mean that they just like wider hips, as girls with wider hips tend to be the ones with thigh gaps... though I'm sure they'd prefer there to be a little more meat on those gams? I don't know.

• Lol I have really thick legs, and still have a thigh gap due to my wide hips.

• I have wide hips and still don't have a thigh gap, even at my lowest weight (97-98 lbs. )

Some girls just carry their weight there, personally I find fuller thighs more attractive, but I could be a little biased

• I have one but only because I recently realized how wide of hips I have.

• I have a little thigh gap but to be honest I don't think that it matters because every girl is beautiful and if a guy would dump a girl for not having one, he's not worth her time.

• I do not have one. I wish I could have one though

• i hate gaps, I think it makes you look boney, lol. it depends on how it looks on you.

• Not any one I know cares about it.

• I dont really care.

• guys do not care they only care about sex

• No, I don't care about thigh gaps. I have a slight thigh gap I suppose.