Do you get angry and offended on other people's behalf?

• Yes
  • No
  • Sometimes

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes, but not like the cartoon above. I get fired up when someone is being an insensitive ass to another for reasons they clearly don't deserve.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 7

• Yes you have no idea... I might not necessarily always get "angry" but as long as this person they're talking about means something to me I'll defend them to the end.

I even do it to my friends when one of them comes to me nagging and complaining about the other one behind their back I'll be like I don't think so and so would like to here you say this about him/her and didn't you do the exact same thing to me before, etc. And they're like yeah you we're a lot of help but I just tell them I don't pick sides trust me I've defended you so I have to do the same for him/her.

• I actually just did. I get that way especially if it involves someone I'm close to.

• Depends. I try to stay in my own lane when it comes to issues like the one your picture is referencing. Like, I don't want to make my own assumptions about a situation if I am clearly not the party being affected. But when it comes to issues where it's someone being affected by an issue that I too am affected by, or an issue that they themselves have said they don't like, or where it's very clear that it's injust, I definitely do get up in arms on their behalf. It's just a part of having empathy, honestly.

• It's part of having a martyr complex.

• Nooot really. When it's blatant injustice, it's very human to feel angry on behalf of other people. I'd honestly find it pretty worrying if someone said they never got angry about things that didn't directly affect them. Speaks to a disconcerting lack of empathy; not a trait I'd be very happy about.

• Depends on the siguation.

• when it's for a legitimate thing and the other person is upset.

• I voted Sometimes if I feel strongly about it

• Rarely.

What Guys Said 4

• Good job representing guys, even across the board.

Also, anyone else notice that the polls don't handle percentages very well?
    There are three male votes in each category, yet instead of having 33%, 33%, 33% across the board, one of those gets bumped up to 34% to equal one hundred, despite having the same number of votes. Minor programming error.

I am offended on behalf of the hardworking staff at myself for noticing that. Bad Conrad. *sits in corner*

• Haha, nope.

• Being offended is lame enough... but being offended for others... seriously?

• Yes most of the time