I accidentally stole from walmart?

I bought a saddlbe bag for a bike and put a wrench in it to see if it fit and it did. problem is i continued shopping and when i looked at my reciept this morning i realize i wasn't charged for the wrench? id hate to go to jail. should i go back and pay for it or would they consider me a shoplifter.

im going to go pay for it. i was just freaking out because its not like me to steal things. i seriously just put it in their so i can see if it fits then left it in their because i didn't get a cart and needed to grab a few more things. I think it would be a little ridiculous if they try and arrest me for trying to pay for an item. thanks guys you kind of calmed me down.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just keep it there's no point in going back.

• Trying to get him arrested? He needs to give it back. Even if he doesn't get arrested, he's still hurting the store.

• Haha he won't get arrested it's not like he intentionally stole it. It's like if you buy something for McDonald's and you get extra fries, would you drive all the way back to return it? It's not his fault he forgot and they didn't check it.

Most Helpful Guy

• They will probably not charge you, but why take the chance you know. The best thing you can do morally is do a good deed worth or whatever for someone less fortunate.

Plus walmart will not miss one wrench that they probably made on the backs of exploited workers and like 1 dollar.

What Girls Said 2

• Keep it man. It was an accident and it happens to everyone.

• Whatever makes you feel best morally.

What Guys Said 10

• You won't go to jail for it but the right thing to do is go back to the store and explain what happened. It should be fine, I doubt they would be upset that you came back and paid them for something when you could have gotten away with not paying for it.

• Dude it's walmart!!! i wouldn't feel too guilty lol
    and you are totally safe legally, no worries

• Walmart is a fucking psychopath of a company, if you stole from them and got away with it I say that's a good thing.

• Yes go back, and report the error. And pay

• How did the clerk skip it? If anything, it was the clerk's fault unless you went to one of those self-checkout stations. Then, yeah. You should go back and pay for it.

• no it was not a self check out

• Just take it back in there, throw it on the checkout, pay for it, and don't say shit.

• They didn't notice. If your racked with guilt, take it back and explain. If not, keep it.

• You probably won't get in trouble but you could always write them a letter I guess

• Just take it back and pay for it. Explain on how you got it out without paying too.

• Well, considering you posted this then you have at least some sort of morals and a conscience (your parents did a very good job) ... so yeah, go back to the store and explain what happened.