Am I the only one who doesn't like massages?

I've received them like 3 times in all my life.

by my mom, by a professional and by a guy.

all shit, I feel like they're asphyxiating me, people won't shut up about how amazing massages are but I don't like them.

• yes, you weirdo
  • nah man, I don't like them either
  • I don't know man, never received any
  • I love them! how can you dislike them
  • you don't like them because you haven't gotten a good one (no, I just don't like them)
  • massages are love, massages are life

Most Helpful Guy

• Unbelievable but the answer is C... never received any!
    But why would it be weird... some people like to go to a sauna, whereas it would take a tiger to chase me into one :-(
    But let me go on a 3 hour walk and I'm happy... some people would find me crazy for it but it's so relaxing to be in nature for a few hours :D

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 25

• I have never had any kind of training on massage, but I know what feels good to me and I have massaged many people in my life and they all liked them. In some cases they asked me specifically to give them a massage.

Based on everybody I know enjoying them, I would have to say that either your givers were poor or you are weird in that way.

• I'd rather chew thumbtacks

• You aren't the only one, but clearly people are doing it wrong or you have some serious trust-issues. Considering your mom did it as well I would assume they were doing it wrong. Chances are they were too rough on your and lacking empathy to pick up on it.

• Nope, you're not the only one, I dislike massages too :)

• Never had one and honestly ain't looking forward to one either.

• If it was a happy ending massage you would like it then! baha

• It feels weird. I am not a fan.

• Yes, yes you are *votes for option A* lol.

• You're a girl you have to tell the professionals how much pressure to use. I think most women do "swedish" because it's the lightest. Don't do deep tissue.

• Do you dislike kind hearted messages? Do you dislike offline messages? Or simply not like talking at all?

• OOOOOH!! 😆
      Crazy how different a word can be via just one letter! lmao But then again, I must admit I didn't read the description. Sorry... 😥
      As for my new answer, I have never had one so I do not know.

• Sadly good at giving them, have not had a good massage myself in awhile tho... kinda sucks now that I think about it. That said the heck's wrong witchu massages are awesome when done right. :P

• Well I'm pretty sure your mom has no clue what she wss doing, the guy was probably pretending to know so he could get something else, and the professional maybe had a different style; there are several types of massages.

• They just aren't your thing that's all. You might be in the minority but not weird.

• Don't love them or hate them it's just something more to do on here

• I can't remember ever having received one... :o :'(

• Maybe u went to the wrong people

• I am not a big fan. It feels weird to be touched by other people like that. It takes a while for massages to relax me.

• When i come home from a hard day at work n i got knotts in my back.. I WiSH ssomone would rub my bak Dx

• If they are done right they are amazing. The happy ending is the best part. Maybe that's the issue, maybe you've just never had a happy ending massage.

• For me they hurt like hell

• I had a massage once and this girl's hands were huge. The massage was not pleasing, maybe she was not that well trained to pleasure me. Lol. And I just hate the smell of the oil after massage. Another hand here.

• I like giving but not receiving.

• I'm just indifferent... I'd not kill for a massage...

• What about if a guy softly rubbed your back affectionately like while you were snuggling or something?

• that's what the guy tried to do, and I didn't feel shit.

• go down on me

• Well I just assumed that went without saying.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 12

• I've never had a massage in my life... :(

• It doesn't matter if everyone else likes them. You don't! Maybe you don't like other people touching you and the whole thing is overrated?

• They can be nice for me, but depends on the person doing it.

• No you're not weird. I hate them too! I am just very very ticklish and whenever someone touches me i burst into laughter or try to shake them away. So i don't like em.

• I love them so much... for me its a best way of relax.. but i understand if u dont, we all have preferences

• for me it depends on the person doing it
    some apply the right pressure and some don't

• lol I hate them too. I hate the squeezing feeling of my skin and people just won't f off when you tell them you don't like them, they always think they can do it better than the last person who tried and they all suck to me lol

• No... i don't like them!

• i used to afraid of them i still am i freak out when people touch me in general

• Are you crazy? I dream of the day that I will receive a massage from my boyfriend. If it will end up being PG rated or R rated, that I don't know... lol xD

• Omg I hate them. When I was having my hair done once the guy asked if I'd like to have a head massage to go with it, it was really awkward and I didn't like the feeling at all

• I love massages. I've had massages done by a professional before. I love the feeling of getting pampered.