What the point of living if we all die anyway?

Most Helpful Guy

• Rachmaninov: The Isle of the Dead, Symphonic poem Op. 29 - Andrew Davis

We arise from dust only to return to dust. Our existence only a blink in the Almighty's eye. For all our efforts at remembrance as individuals or civilizations we disappear like a wisp of smoke in the wind of time never to be seen again! This piece kind of highlights what we want death to be (paradise/heaven) and then the harsh reality of the unknown and how even if you believe in an afterlife death is still a scary thing.

Listen, learn, understand the story and lesson within the music and appreciate life.

https://youtu.be/dbbtmskCRUY

Most Helpful Girl

• By the time you're old they might have made it so you never die from old age or even age for that matter. That or we might be able to download out consciousness into computers, who knows what will be able to happen. So live to see if that day comes before your end does.

What Guys Said 22

• To have a good life before we pass away.

• Whats the point of dying if we can live

• There are countless documented reports from all different cultures in all countries around the world of people who had a NDE (Near Death Experience). Their stories are often very similar. The stories from young children are the most interesting as they have no reference point to make up an experience. I am convinced when we die only our bodies die. We are made of energy. Energy can change shape and/or form but can never be destroyed. Thus, our souls pass on to someplace wonderfully amazing. In the end we are all going to find out :)

• The point is the experiences... the journey... what you've learnt throughout your existence...

Everyone wants to be rich and/or famous but no one wants to go through what it takes... or... too focused on the end instead of the journey.

When most people are on their death bed... you know what most of them think about? Not the cars... not the money... none of that... they think about the choices they've made in their lives and mostly the things they wanted to do but didn't... don't end up like that. Enjoy the journey... every now and then... step away from 'the rat-race' of life and just slow down a bit... live a little.

• CUZ GIRLS JUST WANT TO HAVE F-UHN.

• To live life to the fullest and to leave a positive impact on others.

• The basic pleasures in life that make us feel good. You can't feel shit if you're dead

• Life is a journey whether it takes you where you want to go or not is kind of a mystery. Could look at it like a test to see how much good and how great you can be no matter how much shit gets thrown at you

• To spread your seed and watch it grow

• So god knows weather to send you to heaven or hell.

• To give us an oppertunity to spread G-ds word and learn it ourselfs so that we may live forever and so we can teach others and they might do the same.

• Everything ok? We can talk if you want

• life is it's own reward

• There is no point. If there is a point, we have no way of knowing what it is.

• People who believe what the Bible says know the answer.

• Well I have hope that when we die we get to go to a good place or bad place

I know it's silly big why not

• You read that asteroid article too, that's not for 150 years.

• Apple don't be so negative :(

• To reproduce so humans don't go extinct

• Because life is about living.

• Y'all need Jesus.

• you sound depressed! Suicide is not gonna solve anything

What Girls Said 12

• I believe it's to enjoy the time we are here for. To experience happiness, sadness, failure, and success. To build up our own individuality and be the person we are meant to be.
    Life isn't always easy, it's rarely fair, and tends to be different for every one, but it also teaches us all what it's like to live, learn and feel things. I think the point of living is to be you and enjoy it while you can. Make memories, make other people happy, make yourself happy, give back, take in, travel, experience, and make it your own.

• To contribute to the lives of those who will come after you. To discover your purpose. To have your chance to make a difference and achieve wonderful things.

• Do you not want to be alive?

- I'm living my life, without thinking about death.

How many people would have had bad days had I not made them smile? I try to make people smile as much as possible. Even if it's something as small as offering to hold the door open.

Where would my pets have been without me? Probably in a shelter and separated (they're sisters).

- I'm my grandmother's favorite because I remind her of herself as young child. My siblings and her don't really get along.. More like, tolerate one another.

My grandmother always has the biggest smile when she sees me. & I her. Grandma's girl :*

- - - I've helped and been helped by so many of my friends. What if I hadn't been there?

^^^^ The point of living is to do your best, in whatever way you see that possible.

For me, that means making as many people as happy as possible. Even if I look stupid af trying to make them laugh. XD Wouldn't be the first time and likely there's going to be another moment.

- - What would make you happy right now, Apple? :]

• Make the most of what you have while you have it. If you are memorable to others then you never really die.

• I often wonder that too.
    I guess it's really just to live life, do what you want, be happy as well as make others happy. I don't know

• The point is to complete our duty on Earth before we die.

• We here might as well make the most of it, killing yourself is like leaving a party as soon as you arrive. Why do it when you can dance a little and raid the kitchen for snacks.

• To achieve great things in a short amount of time

• To do something in the meantime

• Cause YOLO! Oh that was 5 years ago? Shit nvm

• “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” (Mark Twain). The point is to find out why, now go find out why, and live the reason why.

• Because it one experince u have and as u get older u will hold on to all the experiences u had and feel like it was worth livinb