Should a guy hit a woman back if she hits him first?

I obviously would not, but when I see a girl hitting a guy and he hits her, I can't help but think "yeah if I slapped a dude I would be expecting a punch in the face. Also our modern day media gives us a warped sense of reality, cause a lot of shows depict a 120lbs women being able to knock out a 220lbs man. And that leads to the situation a lot of men find themselves in, but yeah should a man hit a woman back if she hits him or should he runs away before he does something he's gonna regret, and have you ever been in this situation with opposite sex before?

https://youtu.be/wp-f-Yandfg

• Yes he should hit her back
  • No he should just walk away

Most Helpful Girl

• "A" For Absolutely, but not Exactly 'Hit a woman back,' this is Whack, but Grab her Hands and Try and Maintain some Sort of Law and Order in the Sticky Situation.
    I am not a Fan of a Man Hitting a Girl.
    Good luck and Great question, Thanks for Sharing, @cchris989 xx

Thank you, @cchris989 for the Vote of confidence. xx

What Girls Said 18

• My SO has punched a girl in the face before who wouldn't stop attempting to slap him at the club. Only issue was, he's a boxer and body builder so his punch landed her in hospital completely knocked out despite it being a MUCH weaker punch than he normally does. 😐

I think, if the guy is so strong then he should just grab her wrist and stop her from trying to slap/punch him even more, then tell her to calm the fuck down and then walk out of there.

My SO now has a court hearing because of his fatal punch (which he thought was funny when he told me 🙄). I think muscular people in general need do be incredibly careful about how they go about the situation because their punch can knock out a woman and land her in hospital, while her slap might sting and feel degrading, its not gonna end you up in no hospital anywhere is it.
    Best to just calmly walk away from the situation.

"I think, if the guy is so strong then he should just grab her wrist and stop her from trying to slap/punch him even more, then tell her to calm the fuck down and then walk out of there. ":

So your saying that a man should leave the area and the crazy bitch should stay so she could assault more people? If anything the man should restrain her until the security comes to kick her ass out of the club.

There are such things as guns, so if I grabbed a woman's wrist an threw he to the ground, she might be hurt enough to shot me, at least if I knocked her I would still have my life.

Well to be fair, this is England 😂😂 not the US, fortunately 😂

• Walking away would be the bigger thing to do. If she pursues him, then def knock the shit out of her.

• There are a lot of variables to consider here. No one should hit anyone, really. A woman has no more business hitting a man than a man has hitting her. If a man needs to defend himself within reason, of course he should, regardless of the gender of the person hitting him.

Should a 120 pound woman hit a 250 pound man and expect not to be hit back? No, she shouldn't. But it's important to consider that the man in that situation could likely do a lot more damage, and end up facing more serious consequences for that reason.

Well I don't hit a bear not because they're 800pounds but because I know better, I really believe that women that hit men think they are not gonna hit them back :/

There are several reasons I don't hit a bear. The first being that the bear doesn't need to be hit.

However, some women are bigger than some men, and those women shouldn't hit smaller men either.

• I'm probably in the minority, but I usually hate when women abuse their "Privilege" of being a woman, thinking becuase they are a woman, they can get away with it and not expect any consequences. It's almost like poking a lion with a stick; what do you think will eventually happen? It's gonna get pissed and tear the crap out of you.

Now, if a man chooses to walk away, he is to be applauded for being the bigger person and not sinking to her level. If he does hit her back, it's only fair and she had it coming.

The problem with that is that the law mostly favors women, and all she has to do is call the cops and he's arrested. If a woman is arguing to the extent that physical harm could occur, either create a ton of distance apart from her, or cut the conversation short.

• i don't consider violence a reasonable response for either gender. so, unless she attacked him with a weapon or he had reason to believe, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that his life is in danger, he should walk away.

• If it really did hurt and you felt threatened, then sure.
    Otherwise I'd let it go.
    If an old lady, child, or someone a lot smaller than me slapped me I wouldn't punch them in the face with all my might.
    I'd let it go.
    If someone slapped me, I'd slap them back and forth give them a shove. Not punch them.
    But you do you.

• This seems like... an unusually popular question on this site...

Anyway, if necessary, he should defend himself. But no one should be hitting.

• How about no one hits anyone back, regardless of gender? I mean if it's a full on street fight then obviously you can defend yourself, but if the situation allows, just be the bigger person and walk away.

• This is the thing: If anybody hits you, you have the right to hit back. I know that many people are raised in a different way — but if a woman hits you, to me, you have the right to hit her back.

Although it's better to walk away.

• Well yeah duh, its called self-defense especially if she started the fight over some bullshit :P Sigh... and thus there are 19 stupid women who think they are God.

• That depends. If she slapped him (nit hard) he shouldn't punch back. If she's clearly much smaller than him, younger than him etc, prob shouldn't hit her back. However, if she slaps him so hard his face moves or just throws a punch, fuck yeah.

• It depends, if the woman is killing you to death and she won't let you go, grab that bitch yo

• yes but only as hard as she hit him

• Both are wrong. With that being said if a woman hits a guy she should expect to be hit back

• I don't think that he should hit her back... not because he is a guy and she is a girl. But just because hitting others is obviously wrong and he should probably report her rather than hit her back.

• Yepppp

• Maybe a smack depends what she deserves.

• I voted no, but I don't think women should hit women or men hit men either. I've been punched in the face several different times and not retaliated. De-escalation is better overall than escalation.

What Guys Said 20

• People should keep their hands to themselves and focus on de-esculating violence instead of adding to it.

• equal rights. equal lefts.

Think of it this way. If a short ass, weaker dude went up and smacked a much bigger, stronger dude in the face. No one would bat an eye if the shorter dude got his ass beat and would even say he was foolish and deserve it because he essentially tried to start shit with someone who clearly was stronger than him. It's analogous to if your everyday dude started shit with a known UFC fighter. No one would bat an eye.

Yet, somehow this logic does not translate over to women hitting of men when the man has not hit her at all.

• I choose neither. I had an ex that punched me right in the face, like in the cheekbone. I immediately pushed her against the wall and yelled DON'T YOU EVER TRY TO HIT ME AGAIN! She slumped down and started crying uncontrollably.. I spent the rest of the night trying to calm her down. I don't think it's ok to hit anyone unless in self defense..

• Walk away if possible, id hate myself if i just knocked out a woman without trying to defuse it some other way. If she won't leave me alone though... media.giphy.com/media/s9TyStNqqqWnS/giphy.gif

• People r saying no one should hit anyone. That will never stop. I wish guys could hit back, but if any guy defended himself from an aggressive woman, immediately the charges would b upon him. He would be shunned by society.

One good thing is that most women recognize this. But others abuse this and think they are entitled to their "right" of invincibility.

• If it's a woman I love, I just walk away. My feelings for outweigh anything she can dish out.
    Just a woman hitting me? I'll warn her. If she doesn't listen then I will hit her back. I won't regret that all. Any woman that thinks she can hit a man because that's her "right" as a woman, deserves to get hit, hard.

• It depends, nothing should ever get to that point. If some random woman was hitting me, I wouldn't be standing there.

• He should have the law on his side, but really one should be reasonable when using physical force and self defense

• Should this same question be asked every other day on GaG?

Well it the first time I'm asking it so yeah :/

This. I'm getting fed up with it. There will always be mixed opinions about it. It's a no win.

• Anyone should just leave the situation and if it's a serious enough hit, call the police. Hitting back show that you respect basic human dignity as little as the offender.

• Definitely not. Unless she's aggressively pummeling him, he shouldn't.

• he should throw her over his lap and spank her, girls like that never had a dad to teach them not to hit people, then he should call the police and press charges

• maybe not on the first hit, but if she keeps it up yes he has every right to defend himself

• If she's carrying a knife and wants to kill me , well then i will defend my self physically.

• "Don't start something you can't finish." Words to live by, boys and girls

• Never, ever, ever!! No matter what she has done, Never!!

• Feminists would go crazy, and I'm like "This is what you wanted"

• A man should never hit a woman

• If a woman u know no. If its some random chick yes. Give. Her a two piece and a biscuit.

Unless she intoxicated or on some type of drug in which u hold her down until the cops come and press charge.

• Only douchebags hit woman!!! And Mentally incapable losers rationalized and search for justification to do so.

"If she didn't want to get hit, she shouldn't have hit him"

Current male mentality is so sad and pathetic. Scrambling for reasons to hit back.

Oh and let's not forget feminism. Hip hip hooray. Hey guys of 2016 let's rejoice and be Mary at now having a top reason to hit back like cowards.