What is the difference between finding someone attractive and being attracted to someone?

I can't seem to understand it and people seem to differentiate between the 2.

Updates:
1mo Some of you seem to have been misleaded by the use of the term 'finding', so by that I mean finding someone TO BE attractive. As in simply considering them attractive. Not actually going and finding them, like hide and seek.

0|0
1|5

Most Helpful Guy

• I can look at Brad Pitt and say he's attractive , but I've zero desire to get in his pants.
    Someone I'm attracted to, like my gf? Getting in her pants is my top priority some days lol

2|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

well she is a lucky girl!! thank you! :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Finding someone attractive is intentionally going out there, looking for someone while being attracted is natural. Both could either be based on looks, personality, or both.

0|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

No no, finding as in thinking someone is attractive. So the difference between thinking someone is attractive and being attracted to someone. That´s what I can´t get.

• 1mo

Thinking someone is attractive is just an instant thought that doesn't mean much but being attracted to someone is actually being interested in having a relationship with them and thinking of them.

• 1mo

thank you :)

What Guys Said 4

• Finding someone attractive is like "Oh she is beautiful... I wonder what's for dinner?" - Being attracted to someone "Oh she is beautiful... I wonder is she single? ... I am going to ask her out".

1|0
    0|0
  • I can see that someone IS attractive (according to social standards)
    BUT
    That does not mean that *I* am attracted to her. because my standards may be different from society's.

1|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

I see, that makes sense! Thank you.

• The same as liking a movie, or a jelly donut. But the being attractive end of things' That;s all on you.

0|0
    0|0
  • There is no difference. Its saying the same thing, only differently.

0|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

that´s the thought that made me ask, but people I have talked to think differently :D I was curious.

• 1mo

No lol people apply different meanings to things, like angry and mad. Same thing.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!