What is the difference between finding someone attractive and being attracted to someone?

I can't seem to understand it and people seem to differentiate between the 2.

1mo Some of you seem to have been misleaded by the use of the term 'finding', so by that I mean finding someone TO BE attractive. As in simply considering them attractive. Not actually going and finding them, like hide and seek.

Most Helpful Guy

• I can look at Brad Pitt and say he's attractive , but I've zero desire to get in his pants.
    Someone I'm attracted to, like my gf? Getting in her pants is my top priority some days lol

well she is a lucky girl!! thank you! :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Finding someone attractive is intentionally going out there, looking for someone while being attracted is natural. Both could either be based on looks, personality, or both.

No no, finding as in thinking someone is attractive. So the difference between thinking someone is attractive and being attracted to someone. That´s what I can´t get.

Thinking someone is attractive is just an instant thought that doesn't mean much but being attracted to someone is actually being interested in having a relationship with them and thinking of them.

thank you :)

What Guys Said 4

• Finding someone attractive is like "Oh she is beautiful... I wonder what's for dinner?" - Being attracted to someone "Oh she is beautiful... I wonder is she single? ... I am going to ask her out".

• I can see that someone IS attractive (according to social standards)
    BUT
    That does not mean that *I* am attracted to her. because my standards may be different from society's.

I see, that makes sense! Thank you.

• The same as liking a movie, or a jelly donut. But the being attractive end of things' That;s all on you.

• There is no difference. Its saying the same thing, only differently.

that´s the thought that made me ask, but people I have talked to think differently :D I was curious.

No lol people apply different meanings to things, like angry and mad. Same thing.

What Girls Said 0