What do you think of a protective boyfriend?

Like for example say your walking down the street and some guy yells "nice ass" or something along those lines you don't think much of it besides being a little rude but you call your boyfriend and just let him in on it he drives down there and bits the crap out of the guy is this over protective. yes or no what do you consider over protective.

I would also like to point out that this has nothing to do with me or any personal accounts just a general question. That is way to much trouble for me its much funnier to watch the girl kick him in the balls or verbally abuse him

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 15

What Guys Said 5

• Protective is good. But there comes a point where it's no longer protective but possessive, obsessive, and borderline psychopath. I would expect any man who tries to act as my protector to be able to assess whether or not there is a need for protection. If I am not in any sort of danger then there is no need for him to step in and try to assume his "protector" role.

• yea if he beat s him that's too much. he can get p*ssed if other guys hit on me in front of me, but no need to hit him. he's just a loser anyway?

if he hit him, I'd start wondering what would happen if he ever lost control like that with me..so yea, no violence please.

• a guy being protective is probably the sexiest thing a man can do, it makes us feel like we're something worth protecting ;P

• Yea true. being protective is hot. aggressive (anywhere outside the bedroom :)) is not.

• Yea true. being protective is hot :) aggressive (anywhere outside the bedroom :)) is not.

• LOVE IT! :)

• i like to have a guy, no wait, I would LOVE to have a protective boyfriend! I would feel safe in his arms and love to be with him more

• No, that is my personal biggest turn on!

• And also I'm sorry but unless your life is in danger or your boyfriend's is, he should never, ever, EVER get physical over anything. But I guess that is what sets modern, intelligent men apart from cavemen.

• I have known enough women to know that when women are willing to put up with men who are violent, it means there is something wrong with those women themselves as well. Take my sister for instance. Her husband once got them both thrown out of a bar because he started a fight with a guy who offered to buy my sister a drink. He is a piece of sh*t and I know enough about her to know that, well, lets just say they were made for each other. That's what I meant.

• That protective and physically he has some problems of his own. If it were me I would just tell him to watch his mouth if he was stupid enough to same something back then he would get smacked. Like you said RyeLee, violence shouldn't be the only way. I agree with you on the fact that it doesn't make a girl scum for being with a guy like that because most likely that's not the reason your attracted to him. I also think that that the middle thing might be ideal but its rare, but good luck finding him!!!!

• Show Older
  • thats over protective.and that's a major turn off. but a little bit of protectiveness is sexy

• personally, I love a protective boyfriend. mine won't even let his friends hug me. I find it absoluely adorable!

• I want a boyfriend who can be my partner and companion, not my bodyguard. I'm quite capable of sticking up for myself thank you and if I don't see that it's worth causing a scene over then I wouldn't want my boyfriend doing it either. Yes I do think that is overprotective.

• Try walking home alone at night and tell me you don't need one lol

• It can be a definite turn off. The boyfriend really needs to be able to just console his girlfriend. Girls don't understand why guys like to solve everything with violence. If it bothers her, then just help her feel better about it. Maybe even make a joke like, "Well, he was right!" or something along those lines that helps her boost her confidence. Just, beating the crap out of a guy solves nothing.

• If he's gonna beat the crap out of some guy for that, then yes too overprotective and I'd probably leave him in fear he'd end up being some controlling jerk later. I get looks, even comments, all the time (what girl doesn't) and my husband takes it as a compliment. He says "I know I have you and they don't, so I don't need to worry. I'm glad other guys want you". He will get overprotective if a guy touches me, or tries anything. But, if he didn't, I'd be worried. Other than that, he always lets looks and comments slide. I do the same with him.

• It is sooo over protective!

• I wouldn't want him to beat the guy up, if anything just have you tell the guy to be a little more polite.

I wouldn't want him to beat up other guys, but stand up for me is a good thing.

Just don't be freaky jealous if other guys talk to me.

• I agree that it would be funnier for the woman to turn around and kick him in the balls! Hahaha, then brush off her dress, fluff her hair and go on her way! That would be classic! It would be a bit extreme for your boyfriend to come down and beat the guy up and do guys really still yell that out to girls these days? I always think men have moved beyond that sort of thing.

• You'd think that, but no. It's insensitive definitely but the guy who reacts violently to it is even worse.

• ive been in this situation before and my ex went up to the car of guys and offered to beat them up. I thought it was really sexy and cute. over protective is when he goes through your phone deleting every guy in there or answers the phone when a guy calls.

• Selected as most helpful

If a guy yells out "nice ass."

i'd turn and give him a seductive *wink.

• Hahah funny you win best anwser

• Beating someone up over a remark is a little psycho.

• Thats not protective, its stupid and its going to land him in jail. It means he's insecure and has an inferiority complex, and that he truly is something worthless and less than human. He deserves no respect from me. And you know what? All of that applies to the girl who is willing to put up with him too. They're perfect for each other, two worthless pieces of sh*t who are hopefully going to end up in a lot of trouble someday.

• This isn't being protective; this is being an idiot.

I see two endings to this story. Firstly, guys who yell out "nice ass" are with their friends because this is a group behaviour. Your boyfriend would receive a multiple ass kicking if he attempted his protective behaviour. Or, secondly, he would be charged with assault.

Beating someone up over some verbal slur is nonsense.

• I don't get along with you and I don't really like you. but lately I've found myself agreeing with some of your answers more and more, including this one. what is the world coming to? =(

• i'd call that scarily violent, actually. if he were with you & reacting at the time, that's one thing, but to take the effort to drive over and beat up on some guy is something else - overprotective and then some.