Girls: Have you ever slapped a guy and why?

i was talking with some of my roommates and they were talking about how they have been slapped for various things (mostly profane names) and was curious if you have slapped a guy and for what.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 37

What Guys Said 8

• Selected as most helpful

I agree with ALWAYSclassy. You have two options in that situation: you can't just sit there and take it or do something about it. What made him think he was allowed to grab a girl's ass in the first place? How come it's acceptable for a man to invade a woman's space sexually and embarass/humiliate her but a woman isn't allowed to enter a man's space physically to defend herself (defend herself as in defend her bodily integrity and security of person)? Guys will never learn what's appropriate behavior if we just don't say anything.

I had once slapped my boyfriend during an argument when he yelled at me to "shut the f*&% up". To be fair I didn't use full force at all and it was a light to medium slap if I could call it that. I was so angry and it was completely disrespectul to talk down to me like that. There's always a nicer way to communicate a message, like "please be quiet" or "calm down".

However, after reading this forum I feel that maybe I've got more anger than the average girl. I'm a bit of a justice freak and my boyfriend jokes that I'm a "feminist", har dee har har.

• The double-standard is that if a guy lays a finger on a girl for *any* reason, he's viewed as a monster. It's *not* acceptable for a guy to invade a woman's private space ... except in feminist textbooks that teach women how men are monsters and women are blameless.

But neither is it acceptable for you to have slapped him. And I don't believe for a moment that you slapped him gently.

If it's disrespectful to cuss at you, it's far more disrespectful for you to strike him.

• I would agree with jacquesvol

• In highschool, I was slapped in the face by a girl, she broke my glasses. It was an error: someone had pinched her ass and I was the closest one he didn't know. Her friends had seen who did it and she excused herself. No big deal. (she was a bit slutty and I observed slutty girls are more easyly slapping girls : probably because they get themselves in situations where it can be a way out)

• Show Older
  • 6d

I have once, and I am incredibly ashamed of my actions. He had humiliated me greatly, but it was still very unfair of me to react that way. He took it well, and he did accept my apology, but that doesn't justify my slapping him. If I guy were to slap a girl he would be seen as a monster, but if a girl slapped a guy, not many people would blink an eye.
    It's completely unjust.

• 23d

I have slapped guys before.
    -The first time was when I was a junior in high school and my best friend's boyfriend told me I was beautiful and put his hand on my leg and was sliding it under my dress. My best friend was at this party to so I slapped him really hard and ran and told my best friend.
    -I also slapped my boyfriend in junior year that had slept with another girl after only two weeks of us being a couple.
    Yep, that's it.

• 51d

Oh. I slapped my ex-boyfriend today.

Although we are still living together, we are close and still love each other. The relationship was a little over 3 years long. We broke up recently on Valentine's Day because we need to go separate ways at the end of the semester; he's graduating and I'm transferring colleges to Hawaii and this has caused a lot of struggle (so we fought ALL the time!), so we took the pressure off by breaking up.

TL;DR Got in a big fight with co-habiting ex over how my cleaning still isn't up to his standards (and I thought I did a GOOD job at cleaning... he is a neat freak!), at some point ex says "fuck you", it sank in for a solid two seconds and then out comes my hand--full force, open hand, and it left a welt on my palm afterwards.

I was so tired of hearing "fuck you" from him. He used to say it all the time anytime we argued in the relationship after I constantly asked him nicely to stop because it is so disrespectful and rude to say to someone you "care" so much about. It also just pisses me the fuck off.

• I did slap my ex boyfriend. Cause after going about for 3 year , one day he said it was over between us .(we would have conversations and were pretty passionate couple.) . He told his friends I was into sex and a slut ! .. then he kept ignoring me when I reasoned him. he wouls not pick my calls, not anwer my messages! would not meet me . I went into depression .I waited for Long time ..after which I wnt to his house . and called him down and slaped him 4 on the face ! . he used all filthy words for me . before this inceident when accoring to him without a reson ,one day he said this ! it was crazzy .its been a year now ..and I yet have to get out of that Nightmare. I still think about those days and feel I was living dead in that relationship!

• yeah I have slapped guys before. mostly if I was flirting with them I would like playfully hit their arm or something or if he was pissing me off but obviously in a joking kinda way but yea.

• Yeah but it was sort of by accident...or at least an automatic response. Some dude I just met got too touchy-feely with me because he thought that since my sister was OK with him touching her up, I wouldn't mind it at all. The look on his face was priceless. He was honestly surprised I slapped him. That of course didn't stop him from picking "play fights" with me for the rest of the day. Did I mention this was during my sister's first date with him? She wasn't allowed to go with the dude unless I went with them... x_x.

• I was on a first date with a guy I had talked to for about a month. I liked him and we had a lot in common. On our date we were tipsy and kissing and he kept trying to grap my boobs. I told him to stop and kept pushing his hand away. He finally got hold of it and I slapped him. He was absolutely shocked. Said he had never been slapped and that he was scared of me. I explained I freaked out, it was our first date, etc. that I would never do that as a girlfriend. Well, he just sat there schocked, we talked a while about his past GFs and I left with a hug, no kiss, and no walking me to my car. Apparently I did something horrible because we never talk now even though we taxted alittle the next day. Wow is he over reacting or am I just some horrible violent bitch?

• 23d

I would have slapped him to and I'm not a violent person at all.

• Over reacting.... you are a decent girl and I am amazedyou doubt that you had to slap him lol.

• I once slapped a guy for poking me. He was flirting with me and I was caught off guard. It wasn't accross the face it was just on the shoulder. His face was so priceless. I still feel really bad about it. It's not like I actually hurt him or anything.

• At my 13th birthday party a few years ago, my brother was randomly pairing kids up for the slow songs (I have no clue why). And someone told him to pair me up with this guy I had a lot of issues with, (we had argued too much and gotten in tons of trouble for it) and he tried to make this big scene out of it and refused to dance with me. We started arguing for like 7 minutes, everyone stopped dancing and just starred at us. Finally I was like "so, you're gonna do this to ME at MY party?" and he was like "yeah, I'm sorry" and then I just lost it and slapped across the face. I feel like I overreacted, but I was embarrassed that it happened to me at my own party. lol xD

• No but when I was younger I used to slap my girl friends because I thought they were too "slappy", whatever you call that. Not that I dislike them, I loved them. Maybe I was really weird...

Anyway I would slap a guy if I was EXTREMELY hurt by him and he was there at the moment I was hurt...

But my hands are so strong even though I'm thin. When I even touch someone they say ; "oucch".

And when I slap peoples butts they scream alot.

Im planning on doing box because Id be really good at it.

But yes you wouldn't want me to slap you.

• i would really like to feel a slap from you

• yes

one time a guy said

what can I get for a dollar

but if I was popular he would of never said that

• I have both slapped and punched a guy but it wasn't for saying profane remarks, it was for either grabbing me the wrong way or hitting me.

• well, I slap my friends playfully all the time! I think would be less likely to slap a guy because I hang out with a group of all guys and I understand them very well.

• i had an fight with an guy, f***ing jerk...<_<...lol and I won XD

• girls can't really hurt most guys, but a good slap across the face always gets the point across.

My girlfriend seems to use that tactic quite a bit.

• If you ever said that to me and then slapped me, I would most def slap you back..... that is a bitch remark

• I'm speechless at how callous and insensitive you are.

• I have slapped a guy once for dumping me over text. A guy should never do that no matter what age. Since we are older and more mature it is the most immature thing to do over text. It would have been better over person.

I broke up with my girlfriend over text once. At the time I was so angry about the way she acted that I didn't think she deserved a face to face break up.

• You have won the dumbest bitch award... congrats

• So it's okay for me to track down an ex who dumped me in an email and slap her, correct?

• i honestly don't think I've slapped a guy

i think it's more hurtful to not say anything at all and walk away while you cool off so you

can think calmly about it.plus getting physical that way just makes you look less classy.

unless some guy tried to feel me up, then sh*t would get ugly.

i kicked a guy in the balls once but only once.that was when I was 8 and didn't understand it was bad.haven't done it since.

its REALLLLLLLLY hard to get me to kick a guy in the balls or to slap someone

because I feel that arguing is good in a relationship and it can always be handled

better than resulting to slapping and walking away and then the "i'll be out by tomorrow" kinda sh*t.

that's just my opinion though

however, if the moment called for it I sure as hell wouldn't hesitate

i guess I just find it unfair that girls go crazy on guys by slapping them and kicking them and pushing them around when, a lot of them, were raised to not hit women so theyre supposed to just sit there and take that?thats bullsh*t to me so resulting to slapping isn't very fair.

• Love you for that

• "I just find it unfair that girls go crazy on guys by slapping them and kicking them and pushing them around when, a lot of them, were raised to not hit women so theyre supposed to just sit there and take that?"

Bravo.

At least there are a few women who see the double-standard.

• I slapped a guy once. Because he stuck his hand up my skirt, he was really drunk.

• I think that slapping a guy who feels you up is warranted. He violated your personal space, and you have the right to defend yourself.

• i slapped my ex because he was lying to me and cheating on me and I couldn't take it anymore I sorta just lost control :S I felt so bad after I wish I never did it lol but now its all good were friends and he knows he deserved it he broke m yheart

• 23d

I would have slapped him too. This guy is a jerk.

• If he pushed you up against the wall, why did you leave out that detail in your first message?

Not fooling anyone, honeychild...

• Ah excuse me buddy you weren't there he actually pushed me up against the wall so don't tell me what I was doing he deserved it

• Show Older
  • No. I am not sure I would ever slap a guy.. I've been in a situation where I could have and haven't. I just think it's nice to take the classy root over the physical one.

• Show More

I was in acting class in high school and I ended up getting rejected by a girl who I thought was into me. I got jelous and started saying bad things about her boyfriend. We ended up doing a skit together and her friend ended up slapping me so hard my face stung for the rest of the day. And it wasn't just one take that we rehearsed this scene.

I definitely didn't expect that to happy lol. I guess I deserved it. I shouldn't have been talking bad about someone who didn't even really know me. One of several lessons I've learned via the painful slap of a woman. Oh and also don't grab girls breasts either. Learned that lesson the hard way too.

• I saw a lot of answers here and I think most of You missed the spot .. lets say in most cases when the boy likes the girl and the girl also and they are in a middle of a flirt .. Its well known that girls like the bad boy type like Don Draper or Chuck Bass guys like that scores a lot in real life and when they get slapped or get drinked* (^.^) they don't really give a f*** they just give you a sexy inviting smile and keep doin what they do .. My question is lets suppose You like the guy You know You can't really hurt him phisicly so why slappin or drinkin ? I suspect ..Well its just a theory You are sayin to the guy by the slap .."I like you and I'm testin You lets C your startagies and if You can work harder for me .. And that's the true subject I think you should all discuess here what's standin behind the slap and what it really means actually its a behavior forum you know .. Correct me girls if I am wrong XO XO Alejandro lol ;)

• girls want equal rights? well if a girl slaps a guy for a dumb reason, f*** ill slap her back... fair enough? yea... I think so...

DONT HIT GUYS! dumbasses

• girls slap guys all the time and the guy sometimes likes it...

• Is it then okay for a guy to slap a girl when she's insulting or has cheated?

If not, why is the double-standard acceptable?

• Seriously? You think the average women could do anywhere as much damage as the average man? I don't think its right for stupid things like name calling but for sexual assault (groping ect), you do it and your asking to get slapped. If you don't like it don't sexually assault women and there are plenty of ways to stop a women from hitting you other than hitting you back.

Really? ... but she did it first... hello kindergarten!

• I got slapped once by a girl. But, she later told me she was on drugs, so while it's not an axcuse or a good reason, it sort of explains that she was so messed up she thought it'd be funny just to randomly slap someone.

I think I just said: You're messed up... I know I turned back around, and then calmly walked to another part of the house, rubbing my face.

• I have been slapped in the face a few times and I don't feel it was ever warranted. I have never cheated on a girl and I don't call people names or use pick up lines. I will explain one defining moment in my life.

A male friend and I were playfully pushing each other down a hallway approaching a female associate. The pushes did not have the force to knock us over but perhaps to take a step back. After a push, he took a few steps and bumped into her. I felt he was acting but apologized to her anyway. She decided to approach me and slap me in the face.

I asked her why she did that even after I said sorry. She laughed and slapped me in the face again. Clearly she thought it was funny and could do it as she pleased. I told her to stop and that she better not hit me again.

She reached back and I drew a fist shouting Do it and I will break your f***ing nose. She saw my sincerity and backed down. I have seen first hand women abused by men. I have ran to their defense in the past and have been burned (boyfriend hits the girlfriend, I step in and get involved. The boyfriend claims I started it and the girlfriend takes his side even though she was hit).

If a woman hits me then she steps into a man's shoes. That is, after all, equal rights. That statement only applies to me since I have stated from the beginning: I have never cheated on a girl and I don't call people names or use pick up lines. I also don't grab random ass either.

• As a guy, I've never been slapped but I can honestly say that girls slap guys way too rarely. I have seen guys, both random or friends, do and say extremely inappropriate things to girls and all the girl does is look away. It never dissuades the guy, or lets him get it through his thick skull that he did anything wrong. Personally, I'd like to see girls do it more often.

• Such a technical approach isn't realistic. Technically, you can get pulled over for driving 1 mph over the speed limit. Technically, you could face charges and/or a lawsuit for playfully punching your friend in the shoulder. The point is that, in light of circumstances, some things are unreasonable to consider worthy of prosecution. In this situation (which I specifically limited to a woman's reaction to an extremely inappropriate action), I'd argue that it is too minimal to prosecute.

• I was not using the legal definition of assault, just a general term to denote a physical attack -- but if you want to get into a legal discussion, surely you know that hitting someone for an insult is in fact a crime. Force is only to be used as a last resort. Society accepts it largely because of television (where violence against males for petty reasons is considered hilarious, and violence against females for ANY reason atrocious), but that doesn't make it acceptable.

• I could hardly disagree more. Using the term assault to describe a quick slap from a girl in response to a rude gesture is severely overblown. In fact, it's "battery" that you're referring to (assault doesn't even require physical contact; I could assault someone simply by telling them I was going to punch them and then raising my fist). But my point is that these standards are understood to exist in a context. Societally, we accept that they are expected and understandable in certain situations

• Show Older