When a guy says 'I love you', how can you tell if he means it?

says 'I love you', how can you tell if he means it?

Backtracking a lil' bit; I have a bad history with guys ( big surprise here, I know) & being lead on a bit. I've described myself as an eternal pessimist on multiple occasions.

Now, I have this really great guy who I feel like myself around & am happy with. . . until the other day, when he said that he thinks he loves me.

Is it so wrong for me to be cautious? I just want to know what some of the signs are that a guy has these feelings for you, besides the obvious confession.

So what is it? How do guys say those three words without saying anything? :]

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally, I'm not the kind of person that says "I love you" unless I really mean it. I can easily say that I've only said it to 2 people in my life.

I am very aware of the fact that a lot of people have the habit of calling someone "love" or saying "I love you" WAY too easily... even when they don't mean it. Or better yet, they dilute the meaning of it, rendering it insignificant.

It's the actions that really count, you can't have a TRUE "I love you" if the actions don't correspond with the words.

Otherwise it's an INFATUATION. Learn the difference.

Infatuation is a "selfish passion".

Want a great example of what love is supposed to be about? Here, just as written in the greek scriptures in the Bible.

Love is long-suffering and kind. Love is not jealous, it does not brag, does not get puffed up, does not behave indecently, does not look for its own interests, does not become provoked. It does not keep account of the injury. It does not rejoice over unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails... (1 Corinthians 13:4-8)

• So what, you've been to a wedding?

• No, I'm planning mine. lol

• That's gotta be the sickest weirdest lamest thing I've ever heard =)

Good job though