When a guy says 'I love you', how can you tell if he means it?

says 'I love you', how can you tell if he means it? Backtracking a lil' bit; I have a bad history with guys ( big surprise here, I know) & being... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• Personally, I'm not the kind of person that says "I love you" unless I really mean it. I can easily say that I've only said it to 2 people in my life.

I am very aware of the fact that a lot of people have the habit of calling someone "love" or saying "I love you" WAY too easily... even when they don't mean it. Or better yet, they dilute the meaning of it, rendering it insignificant.

It's the actions that really count, you can't have a TRUE "I love you" if the actions don't correspond with the words.

Otherwise it's an INFATUATION. Learn the difference.

Infatuation is a "selfish passion".

Want a great example of what love is supposed to be about? Here, just as written in the greek scriptures in the Bible.

Love is long-suffering and kind. Love is not jealous, it does not brag, does not get puffed up, does not behave indecently, does not look for its own interests, does not become provoked. It does not keep account of the injury. It does not rejoice over unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails... (1 Corinthians 13:4-8)

• So what, you've been to a wedding?

• No, I'm planning mine. lol

• That's gotta be the sickest weirdest lamest thing I've ever heard =)

Good job though