Why was my boyfriend crying when he broke up with me?

My boyfriend of 2 years broke up with me .. I couldn't believe it .. He said he still loved me but not as much as when we 1st met .. and that he didn't want to stay with me and in 2 years love me less again! But the while time he was in bits crying and squeezing my hand .. I gave him a hug and he... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• He probably hated hurting you and it was probably hard for him. After 2 years you are probably one of his best friends and when you end a relationship like that it can really change everything. Sounds like he saw how he was hurting his best friend and felt awful about it and also was dealing with his own feelings. It sounds like he cares about you and had strong enough feelings to finally call the relationship to an end, but when he was in the situation wasn't sure if he wanted to go through with it.

I wouldn't read into it. Just be satisfied that he had an emotional reaction and worry about yourself.