Do drunk men say the truth?

A guy that I'm close to was drunk and told me that he likes me and wants to be with me etc .

Is he being honest, taking into account he was drunk ?

I later spoke to that guy, when he was sober, and I asked him about what he had said. He said he couldn't recall saying it and changed the subject. Does that mean that he didn't mean it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well there's a saying that goes "a drunken mind, speaks a sober soul" . And also "the truth comes out when they're drunk" . But has he ever tried hitting on you before ? . Or has he gave you any kind of hints that he may be into you ? . I don't really know, but what I do know FOR SURE is that guys get really "EASY" when intoxicated and will say anything . Especially to get into a girls pants . So just make sure his head was in the right so you don't end up looking stupid . Just ask him if he remember saying that and see if he still feels that way while he's not drunk .

GOOD LUCK !

GAG Video of the Day

Would you date someone younger/older/married?

What Guys Said 11

• No no no, I can lie like no other and so can any person while intoxicated . Is this always true no, but don't believe for a second that alcohol is a truth medicine or window into his true soul .

I've confessed my dying love to one of my girlfriends while drunk, don't believe it unless you hear it sober .

• Alcohol lowers peoples inhibitions and they tend to drop the self-imposed controls that allow them to peacefully co-exist in our society. When drunk, some people take their clothes off because they have wanted to expose themselves but were too inhibited to ever do it. Some people have sex because they stop listening to the voice in their head telling then they are being naughty. And some people confess the secrets of their heart. So, yes, he probably meant what he said, but. . . that doesn't mean that he will even want to acknowledge those feelings when he is sober.

• Thank you 😔

• Well sometimes its not that they are drunk its that they feel a little braver when they have alcohol lol or sometimes they are too drunk and they do stuff without thinking that they have wanted to do but don't have the guts so they act only on their subconscious

• Lol.. Well let's just say a drunken ( and probably horny ) guy isn't the best source of truth and integrity..

• Yes and no. When you're drunk your inhibitions go away so you basically do or say whatever comes to your mind without worrying about consequences. However most people don't always feel the same about a subject. Sometimes you think you like something but other times you don't.

More from Guys
6

What Girls Said 10

• I think alcohol actually makes people lose their "filter" and say what they really think!

• Trust Actions, we all know they speak louder than words. If he dont act the same way with u while been sober than is obvious he can't. He probably can't have his ex, so while drunk he gets all emotional with you. Watchout! You could end up been used n left. Plus who likes been second choice, right?

• Thank you so much 😔

• I know sad face lol but why play yourself?

• But that time i really don't know if he's drunk or just sober. Was he taking advantage bc i'm too drunk that time? Did he say those sweet words so that he could kiss me or something? But his girl bestfriend that is also one of my bffs told me there was a time that he really liked me. And his guy friends also tease us. And he would sometimes chat or text me randomly

• Sometimes being drunk creates feelings that we wouldn't get when we're sober. Like when people accidentally hook up and regret it when they're sober. On the other hand, alcohol causes us to lose our inhibitions and speak what's on our minds. Maybe he did mean it but didn't want to tell you and was embarrassed when you asked him about him, which would explain why he changed the subject.

• Sounds to me like he didn't mean it, your update taken into account. Depends on where and when you asked him, maybe. If it was in private, then that would have been a good time to fess up. He could have been stressed if there were people around or if you asked him like it was a bad thing, but other than that, I can see no reason not to tell you he likes you if he does.

• They need to have a clear mind... and not be drunk. Think of all the things that happened when people are drunk that they never wanted to happen (fights etc). Having a clear mind is the most important thing.

More from Girls
5