• Ask
  • myTake

Why is my boyfriend jealous of my dead ex?

My current boyfriend of 2 years has a huge and I mean a HUGE problem with me going and visiting my exes grave. My ex was my first ever boyfriend and... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• he thinks he's second best and if your ex was alive you would be with him...just try and re assure him that he's means the world to you...I can understand that you would want to visit your exes grave...seens as you were so close...try and get your boyfriend to understand and listen to you x

What Guys Said 3

• I can understand why he could feel so. But its totally foolish of him to show such reaction.Explain him your point of view, tell him that you are there with him, because you want to be there. And not with anybody else.

• Why wouldn't he be jealous? He probably thinks you wouldn't be with him if your Boyfriend hadn't died. He's probably worried that if your deceased boyfriend magically came back to life (Hypothetically) that you would ditch him. I can easily understand what he would feel.

• He wasn't a vampire so I don't expect him to pop out of his grave anytime soon lol but yea I get what you're trying to say

• can't compete with someone that's dead , and you should move on or he will leave you because holding onto someone from your past that you still love alive or dead makes your current relationship pointless.. either break up or move on..

What Girls Said 4

• you have to discuss it at a time when everything is good. Not when he is upset after you coming home from the cemetary. You have to sit him down and talk, and maybe even come to a comprimise. But don't do it when tensions are high

• I think he is being extremely selfish!He shouldn't control you and I would do the same thing you are!

• Maybe he feels that if your ex hadn't passed away, that you would still be with him, and that he is second best. Its understandable, but I think it shows his immaturity and lack of empathy that he can't understand that your ex will always be a part of you, and visiting his grave once a month, when no one else can, is a way to honour his life. Not because your still in love with him, but because you want to remember him. I just don't want to imagine what he is like with guys who are still alive..