Why does my boyfriend never want to go out in public with me?

My boyfriend is a Hispanic male and I'm African American; he claims my race doesn't bother him but he never kisses me in public or ever wants to just hang out. we always hang out and his place, and if we run into each other outside he just treats me like a friend not even like one of his good friends. another concern is why do he choose his friends over me. I haven't seen him in two weeks and he asked me to come over but then later on he says he won't be at home he's going to hang out with his friends, and another time I came over after we had sex he asked me when was I going to leave because his friends wanted to go somewhere and the last time I went there which was two weeks ago he asked me to come over but then he went out with his friends and stayed gone for two hours and then he just wanted to have sex and I asked him if he wanted to talk for a little while before we had sex he got mad at me I'm starting to think the only thing he good for is sex and gets really annoyed when I ask him anything although he claims he loves me I'm not seeing it

Most Helpful Guy

• Like most of the others I think that he is mostly just using you for sexual gratification. However unlike most of the others I do think your race has something to do with this.

Somehow I don't think he would quite as willing to disrespect a woman of his own race the same way.

The same thing happens to black men. You see one stereotype about us black folks is that we are particularly good for sex, very sensual or well endowed. I have noticed that women of other races will be willing to have sex with me secretly but never ever form a real lasting relationship.

I have even seen message boards where women of certain races talk about wanting to have a child by a black man, but not keep the black man around. Basically thinking that it would be a pretty combination.

It is one of the heart rending ironies of being black in America. At least when it was the ol massa (or mistress) they would keep us around to do the laundry or the gardening.

Like me you have tried other races. Like me you may just have to conclude that only another black person is likely to truly love and respect one of us.

• I agree with you to a point. I don't agree with the last line because I know a couple interracial couple that truly love and respect each other. I do think that you are right about the race thing because it happens all the time. People don't know how they will be perceived and so they are timid to venture out.