How I Got Dumped Two Days Before My Birthday

I got dumped two days before my birthday.

*So this is basically a rant and getting things off my chest. Feel free to comment with your own experiences if you've been through similar.*

I was with him for over a year. He apparently "loved" me. Yet he dumped me for the pettiest reasons. For example, not clicking like enough on his Facebook statuses. Yeah. He felt "unloved" for reasons like that, even though I spoke to him all day, every day and traveled to see him every weekend and things seemed great in person. Just the other week, he was happy with me.

I was really looking forward to our plans for my birthday as I had a pretty bad one last year. Let's just say I found out some awful things about my family so I was determined to have a good one this year and not think about that. Now I'm going to be miserable again on my birthday.

He often dumped me and yet I kept giving him more chances. More than he deserved. He'd call me horrible and then other times, he'd call me fantastic. He always made a huge drama out of trivial things. He gave me so much stress, yet I still stayed. I know I was an idiot. But unlike him, I can't let people go that easily.

I put up with him constantly playing the victim and complaining about me almost every day. Yet I still stayed. I stayed for the good in him. The good which I no longer believe exists. I put up with so much crap yet I'm the one who gets dumped. And he doesn't even care if I'm hurting, he's going to go out, have fun and forget all about me. I feel so humiliated that he wrote a status about our break up, when I didn't want everyone to know yet and I know he's going to act like I meant nothing and appear all happy to his friends. I can't even bring myself to eat and my heart feels heavy. Happy new year to me...

34

Most Helpful Guy

• Consider you dodged a huge bullet. Why on earth would you want someone so fickle. This actually sounds like you're the guy and he's the girl. WTF?
    And why would you want to put up with this any longer than you did?

Women like a guy that will be their rock in their emotional storm. All that feeling whirling around in their head. They don't need a guy that reacts to every little thing - they want stability, leadership, strength, someone to hold you and calm you and make you feel safe.

Be happy you can start over with someone much stronger.

Most Helpful Girl

• Same thing with me kind of. I was with the guy for two years, but he'd always dump me before or during a big event. Like wtf dude? The reason he dumped
    Me? I cost him too much money. The only dates he'd ever take me on was a date to Denny's. I paid for all my own shit half the time. Be happy he's finally out of the picture. Spend your birthday worry free! He's a douche that needs all attention on him. Fuck that.

Sorry about my rant too. But I felt this on a personal level! You're so much better off with out someone that puts some much stress into your life. Have fun on your birthday and don't text him back!

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 3

• Awww... I feel for you, I really do. He's a total jerk and you're better off without him. I know it probably sounds easy for me to say that, but it's the truth. You deserve someone a lot better than he is. Consider it a gift, you didn't go further with this guy. You learned how he was in time. The perfect someone for you is out there, looking for you. Let them find you, but in the meantime, don't forget about yourself. You're special, and you're loved. I don't know you, but I promise I'll think of you this New Year's Eve.

• So you were with him, why?

• He must be a narcissistic.
    About Facebook? What a big baby... Clingy and needy. WAAAHHHHHH!!!
    This is not healthy to stay relationship if he has bad/abusive attitude.
    That guy must be a lonely lunatic. He needs counseling.

What Girls Said 2

• He reminds me of an ex. This ex broke up with my on my actual birthday. I even confronted him and he said pretty much "yea, I'm breaking up with you on your birthday." We would fight a lot and he would break up a lot with me too. Looking back I saw definitely he was an attention seeker and very selfish. And one of the best things he did for me is break up with me because I was very sad in the relationship. And I think from your situation it was definitely messed up he did that two days before your birthday but in the long run that's probably one of the best things he did for you because he removed his insensitive loser self from your presence. Hope you feel better soon!

• I hope you feel better!!