Breaking up is hard to do- Making up is harder

There is an old song called "Breaking up is hard to do". Later on in the song the lyrics say "I wish that we were making up again". This song summarizes some relationships perfectly.

Without a doubt breaking up is hard to do and making up is even harder. Here are some reasons why:

• Breaking up is hard to do because you have to say things to end the relationship that are hurtful.

Making up is harder because it’s so difficult to take back the bad words and even harder to forgive them. Undoubtedly someone said some things that were unpleasant. Whoever was on the receiving end will have a very hard time forgiving those words. They will probably never forget the words.
  • Gogus olculeri

• Breaking up is hard to do because you cared enough about the other person to begin a relationship in the first place.

Making up is harder because you’ve either broken the trust of the other person or your trust in the other person is broken. Once this type of intimate trust is broken it is very difficult to get back. It can be done but it takes time and patience.

• Breaking up is hard to do because the relationship helps define who you are.

Making up is harder because you’ve lost your sense of self and who you are. Relationships take on a personality of their own. Couples typically begin to define themselves through the relationship with the rest of the world. When the relationship is lost it can be easy to lose perspective of your self or your self worth.

• Breaking up is hard to do because you shared the relationship with friends and family.

Making up is harder because friends and family get forced to take sides. In some cases friends were used to help build up one person's case for the break up. Inevitably, friends and family become the sounding board for all of your feelings about the relationship. So if you decide to get back with your ex it can be difficult for them to support you. You've probably told them every horrible thing you can think of about the other person.

• Breaking up is hard to do because it’s easier to stay in a relationship than end one.

Making up is harder because once you do make the change it’s hard to go back. The concept of inertia plays a big part in everyone's life. Change is hard. It can be hard to enter into a relationship, even harder to break up and harder still to make up. Knowing that making up will be difficult also sabotages our efforts for reconciliation. Its just easier to give up and not try because we know its hard to make up.

As the song says breaking up is hard to do but you may also find yourself saying I wish that we were making up again. Since making up can be even harder than breaking up its best to get advice from a proven source.

31

Most Helpful Girl

• Why would anyone want to take back words? If you meant what you said why would you take it back? I don't say things just to be mean. I'm not in the habit of saying things solely out of anger either. The only thing is I i said something the wrong way or at the wrong time but then I lobe correcting it I like things to be clear. & If I want to break up I don't mind having that talk either. If I actually got to the point of deciding that than its a good thin that needs to be done....

Most Helpful Guy

• With a step-by-step hypnosis program you too can work towards a future, a future which you've always wanted but never could dream of achieving after your separation. Remember there is more to life than crying over a break-up. The only way to get out of a relationship is with one's head held high... and it's time you felt it for yourself.

With hypnosis you will be amazed just how quickly you see the benefits.

https://divorceadvice.blog.com/download-free-ebook

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 2

• toulose, I wish I could manage my words like you:(

• Very good article, thanks

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!