Girlfriend broke up with me because of her depression?

My girlfriend has been battling depression and anxiety since the end of July. She's definitely had her ups and downs with it. One day she's head over heels for me and the next day she shuts me out. She ended up taking some time to visit family for 2 weeks. We started talking after a week and everything was back to normal and we resumed our relationship when she got out. Things were better than ever with us. Than about 4 weeks ago she was wanting time apart to figure her things out and said she couldn't do a relationship right now. She was convinced that she was hurting me and didn't want to hurt me anymore. We ended up working things out... but it happened again. This time she wants a full break up. 2 days ago she said I miss you and care about u a lot but i've hurt you and im done hurting you its over. When i ask her why she wants to break up she says "its me." I still want to be with her or at least be there for her. she's really hurting. Tonight I texted her that I still care and that im here for her. She never texted me back. She seems like she is really hurting. What should I do? Is there anything I can do or say for her?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• My guy did this two weeks ago, just got stressed out real bad and then lead to depression. But I told him either way i would be there for him when he was ready to come back. This was Tuesday and last night he came back.
    Therefore my advice is just be there for her when she needs you and dont give up on her yet. But you can't wait forever but only you can know when its time for you to move on.

0|0
    0|0
    • she's telling me its over. She says its what she wants so just move on.

• I guess thats all you can do then. I mean if you act like if you stop caring she might miss you and come back, but who knows foe sure, relationships are complicated.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• It seems like you understand that she's really hurting and obviously going through her fair share of trials but I honestly think that all you can do is give her time to get herself back on track, just let her know that you'll be there when she needs you, even if it is just as friends. Good luck!

0|0
    0|0
    • Every once in awhile sending her a nice text to show I still care, is that a good idea or a bad idea?

• Show All
    • She seems more annoyed when I say things like that tho. I don't know if its because she thinks she's even more of a burden now or what she's thinking?

• I wish I knew what to do for her? She is obviously overwhelmed with a lot right now. I want to respect her space but at the same time show her I still care. I just don't want to annoy her or give her too much time if that makes sense

What Guys Said 2

• I had this issue when my ex left. Went through the same thing. I got very hurt. Said one thing one minute and another the next. Same with her actions. I ended getting hurt very bad. Walk man.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't tell her you care. That's going to do no good. Show her you care. Seek some help for her. Before it gets out of hand.

0|0
    0|0
    • How do I do that? She doesn't want to see me. I was never super close with any of her friends and never met her parents

• Show All
    • Have you thought of buying her a puppy? They tend to be great for treating mild cases of depression.

• I would but she can't have one at the places she's living. Ad she does have a dog that lives at her parents house so she goes over there all the time

Recommended myTakes