Have you ever dumped someone to later regret it?

I would like to hear from the dumper's perspective here. Maybe you felt the person wasn't right for you to later realize that you actually loved that person very much.
And if so, how long did it take you to realize this?
Please be honest in your responses.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Ok with honesty!

I dumped a girl, for her own good. I still love her, but her happiness lets me sleep at night.

Dont take it personally. There are other reasons out there

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• It didn't happen to me. Two guys I dated did. And you know what? It's both satisfying and very flattering, but also very VERY annoying. Because they're always clinging to you even when you said "no".
    What is worth is when you give your attention to the wrong person, and someone else tons better who literally adores you shows up. You're already dating someone, so you can't dump one to get with the other. But when you figure out that you're finally done with that person you were with and that other guy loses interest, that's the worst feeling ever.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thanks for MHO!
      by the way, I meant "what is WORSE" ^^'

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• No, in moments of weakness I have been tempted to get back with them, but ultimately I recalled why I broke up to begin with. In retrospect, I am grateful I stuck to my decision. It was best for both of us in each case.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes happened a few times actually... and there were mostly recent

It took as long as it takes for any random event to occur, in to then change my perspective about the person... it took about 10 dates with 1 and 6 months with another... to only realize later it was a good thing

Funny thing is they both never responded to me after, till today... best revenge I tell ya lol

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks for the response. Why did you break up if you don't mind me asking?

• I've never regretted it, but I have looked back at one time or another of it was a good decision. Then the girl would do some fucked up shit that pretty much convinced me I made the right decision. When you dump a girl and her response is to try hooking up with your best friend in order to make you jealous... kind of shows you her character.

0|0
    1|0
  • I've made girls dump me but later regretted it, intentionally saying things to make her end the relationship and never talk to me. It was a defense mechanism that I had for a long time and will still use on occasion when I don't want someone to see me collapse under my failure.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. When I have decided something was over. It was over.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 17

• I broke up with my boyfriend because he started getting distant and I completely regret it and if he came back to me I would be absolutely the happiest person on the face of the planet. It was the saddest thing to let him go and I regret doing it because I really cared about him and should have asked him what was going on rather than going over to his place to end it. I should have fought for our relationship because now I am miserable without him in my life.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Usually before it I review with myself why I'm doing this and if I know if I will regret it or not. If I say yes, which I never do, I'll go over it again until I find the solution as to whether I break up or not.

But no, I never regret it because when I'm feeling anxious about someone and I know there's nothing I can fix I drop the relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • i've never been the dumper, i've always been the dump-ee :/

but I do know a friend that regretted it once and got back together with him and they stayed together for a couple more months.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. But I lied to a guy telling him I didn't like him when I actually liked him a whole fucking lot and I regretted it so much and still do.

0|1
    0|0
  • never ever. once I'm down with a guy, I'm done. i lose all energy and emotion i ever had for him.

1|1
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes