"I don't want to hold you back"?

So, my mom wants to go back to where we originally lived, and I want to stay where I am now, because I can't stand the thought of being away from my boyfriend and not being able to see him. Thinking about that hurts so much, because I love him... Anyways,I thought of a way I just may be able to stay in the area, and I'm going to stick to it. It'll take awhile though to get everything I need pulled together, though, but I want this more than I've ever wanted anything... I plan on living on my own and staying in the place where we've been living for the past couple of years or so now. I haven't told my boyfriend my plan, but my mom is aware of it, and she said that she's not going to force me to move with her. But today on my Facebook, she asked me if I was really sure that I wanted to stay behind when she decides to move, and I told her yes, because I have one reason to stay here, and that reason is very, very important to me. My boyfriend read it, and I think he got that the reason why I want to stay is because of him, and he wrote that he wants to know my reason, and that he doesn't want to hold me back... What does that mean...? Could it mean that he doesn't want me around? I wrote that I'm doing this because I want to and I would rather endure the hardships I might go through trying to get my plan to work than not be with him, and that he's not holding me back at all, as this was all my decision, and I've been thinking about it for quite some time... So far, I haven't received an answer back, and I'm a bit scared... Is there a possibility he's going to just give up on me...?

It was all a misunderstanding. He is supporting me in my decision, and seems happy about it. ^_^ He just wanted to make sure that it was what I really wanted~! :)

02

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like he isn't entirely aware of his self worth, or just how much he means to you. I don't see it in any way shape or form that he means that he doesn't want you around, simply that he thinks that sticking with him, might forego a better life or more opportunities if you were to go with your mother. I would, just as you have, reassure him you care about him and want to be with him more than anything at the moment. And in the meantime there is no use worrying yourself silly over something that may not even be an issue once you talk it over with him.

• Thank you so much. :) It puts my mind at ease a bit knowing that I just may be misinterpreting his words. I was crying over it a couple of hours ago, thinking that he probably just didn't want to be with me. You're right, I shouldn't worry about something I could have just got completely wrong.

• I completely agree JTJ... The only thing I'd like to add (two things):

1) He sounds like he is taking on the guilt of you staying. So the reassurance will help ALOT.. I think he cares about you more than you give him credit.

2) Hello miss_desirae =P

• Lols! Hello to you, too, ArtistBboy. ^_^ Thank you for your input. Both you and Jtj25m have been so helpful with your answers. I'm really grateful! :)

What Guys Said 1

• Yeah he might be thining you are choosing between him and your mum. Maybe she will resent the fact you chose him over your mum. It might mean that he might not be into that much, he doesn't see you as a long term, marriage potential relationship. Most people who are young are into having fun and meeting lots of new people.

• No, he did say that he wanted me to meet his parents this year, and they're all the way out in Florida. He also always tells me he loves me, and that he thinks that I'm the one for him, and every time we don't see each other, we talk online (we both hate the phone). He always messages me first, too. And he drives an hour all the time just to see me, and he wants me to stay the night at his place all the time. He even told me when we first met that he's looking for a serious relationship.

What Girls Said 0