I can't stop stalking my ex on whatsapp. What should I do?

I know I should delete his number but I know it by heart and can't help but check if he's online and when. I know it's wrong but I can't help it. And it breaks my heart because when we were still together, he would always cut me off early in the evening cause he 'was going to bed' and now I'm seing him online at 2 or 3 am. It's killing me. What should I do? Will this desperation of knowing what he's doing go away? Is it normal?

24

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• You need to delete it and keep it deleted. Looking at his whatsapp activity is just going to drive you insane. I broke up with my ex around two weeks ago now and it's taking everything in me not to go and look at his social media but I'm sticking to it as I know if I look I'll just make this even harder for myself. Trust me, you'll be so much happier if you just stop torturing yourself like this.

• Was it you or him initiating the break up? Because for me it's even harder knowing that de didn't want me in his life anymore and I'm checking because i'm trying to guess if he's seeing anyone already

• I initiated it. I know it is hard but you'll be so much better off if you just move on and forget about it all. My first ex broke up with me and I was the exact same as you. I was constantly checking his activity online and then after a while I realised the reason I couldn't move on was because I kept doing that. I was so much happier once I stopped.

What Guys Said 3

• make your self emotionally strong. try to forget him move forward in life.
    don't look into the past
    enjoy your present
    think about your Future

• you will never forget him if you repeat it. block him and deleate him so you can calm down and accept that he is no piece of your live any longer

• Block the number if you can't control yourself

• Well i can unblock it anytime if i can't control myself

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Fair point

• 😂😂was just about to say that; going through the exact same thing; I have blocked him but sometimes when I wanna know what he's up to I unblock😭😭

What Girls Said 1

• Why not say hello next time😊