Being compared to an ex?

I don't feel like going into detail because it upsets me but I feel like I'm always being compared to his ex girlfriend. Like he let the good one get away and now here's this new girl. He brings her up everyone once in awhile too so it makes me feel like he misses her. I don't want to get mad at him for having a past but I always end up feeling like sh*t after he brings her up. Has this every happened to anyone ? Did it work out for you ?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• I suggest you talk to him about it. It's not okay for him to say that. If he still had somethng for her he shouldnt gone out with you in the first place and make you feel like sh*t. Well he wouldn't know you felt like that if you didn't tell him. I'm somewhat going through that right now and it's watever. In the beginning my boyfriend constantly talked about his ex. Always comparing her to me. I felt like sh*t afterward. It was always bugging me. He wasnt being considerate with my feelings or he was just clueless. I don't know guys are just weird. But anyways it took me a while to talk to him about it and afterward we begin to fight constantly because he still bring her up. We're on and off. But rite now we're better then before because of the fact that I was always there for him regardless. Even till this day I still wonder if he thinks about her. But he doesn't say anythng about her

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah, in all respect to you, he should never compare you to his past especially an ex, that's just rude and disrespectful, but you need to tell him how it makes you feel. He can't read your mind.

• You have to tell him that it upsets you, remember communication and honesty is the key in a relationship.

What Girls Said 1

• its not good but... sometimes I compare my boyfriends to my x husband :S but in a good way like you look like my exhus he is my best friend I mean as a complement