Is it okay to re add an ex on facebook after a long time?

I want to re add my ex on fb. I defriended us a while ago after the break up becuase it was hard for him to be in my life through the internet but not be in it. Enough time has passed where I think it would be good to be fb friends and I wanna know what's going on his life and if he's seeing anyone. Yes? No?

• Yes re-add ex
  • No don't re-add ex
Select a gender to cast your vote:

43

Most Helpful Girl

• i think you should re-add him if you feel like it

What Guys Said 3

• if you can find them , some of mine have me blocked , one I really liked I cannot even find . she blocked me like 2 years ago and has not unblocked me yet . I thouhg it all was a little crazy . I'd add her if I could even find her but admit after 2 years there might not be muhc point and doubt she'd even talk to me

• Why do you care what's going on with him, and if he's seeing anyone? It obviously sounds like you were the one who ended it if it was hard for him. So, leave him be.

• Send him an e-mail if you are curious. Since he said it was hard for him, perhaps he will send you a friend request if enough time has passed.

What Girls Said 3

• when did fb become the be all and end all when it comes to relationships? it's just a place to communicate eith people. if you want to add him add him, although it sounds to me like you just want to check up on him instead of being friends with him. I personally don't have my exes on my fb account because when I break up with someone it means that I don't want to have anything to do with them at all. but each to their own, fb is really no big deal, the importance that people put on having someone as their fb friend is ridiculous,

• I think it's a bad idea. My boyfriends ex deleted everything to do with him not after they broke up(her decision) but after he and I got together awhile later. And said she never wanted to speak to him again, that is until she missed him and emailed him to say hi. And I'll tell you what, I was livid she obviously regreted her decision, I was very unhappy that she emailed him to "catch up". If he has found someone it will hurt her, you and your ex had a past, and if you try to become friends again after a fall out she'll think you're trying to get him back. I say find yourself a new guy! Have fun forget about you ex

• He's your ex for a reason, I say leave it be. The reason you want to be fb friends is because you still have feelings for him. move past him. :D

• I agree. If you want to know if he's seeing someone or not, it's probably not that great of an idea.