Before You Fall in Love... READ THIS!

Before You Fall in Love... READ THIS!

Brain > Heart

Until you truly know a person by witnessing them in several different life situations and experiences, make sure that you use logic to assess the person you're falling in love with versus heart. I say this only because feelings make people illogical sometimes. The best thing to do is try to see the person in an unbiased view.

Do not rush

Unless you need a green card (lol), there should be no reason as to why you should be moving in with a person and rushing things. Take time to find out who you're moving in with, because once a few years pass by and you're common law, if a break up happens you'll be sharing your assets with that person regardless of how "shitty" they are.

Red flags?

Do'nt ignore red flags. Do not try to justify why someone has acted in a poor manner or has mistreated you. If you are starting to see the negative signs now, it won't be changing anytime soon. During the honeymoon stage is when the fun, and impressive gestures should be happening.

Communication

If he/she isn't communicating now, it is only going to hinder the relationship in the future. Simple. If you don't like something, say it. If you want something done, vocalize it. If the other person isn't telling you how they feel or what they need, passive aggressive tension will show up later on in the relationship.

What do you want

Do you know what you want? What is important to you? Whether it is financial stability, loyalty or even a good sense of humor- you have to walk in with some sort of guidelines as to what you want, and what you are not willing to part with.

Before You Fall in Love... READ THIS!

88
amandaschwartz is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, you missed the most important aspect - your expectations. Are they founded in reality? Or just some disney-esk dream? When reality doesn't meet the expectation then there's disappointment, frustration. Take a realistic assessment of your expectations.

Most people today are looking for what they'll GET in love, rather than coming together with someone to GIVE to them. They have it all backwards.

Guys get with girls hoping they'll never change.
    Girls get with guys thinking if they work on him hard enough he might actually become someone she can stand to be with. FAIL.

:)

Most Helpful Girl

• You know, I was just explaining this concept to a coworker the other day. She can't decide between two guys (I think they're made up anyway, but that's besides the point) and I told her she needs to pick one because she's 27 and probably won't find a guy after 30. She went on this weird rant about the emotions she associates with each guy and I told her she needs to know what she does and doesn't want in a relationship. I told her to write out a list of pros and cons for each guy so she can compare them to each other, but to also write a list for what she needs in a relationship, what she won't tolerate in a relationship, and what her preference is, but she could really compromise on if the guy fit the rest of the bill

I agree 100% that you need communication and to know what you want in a relationship or you're going to have problems. It's only healthy to step back and use a bit of logic before things get too carried away

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 7

• I don't actually think you can be super careful before relationships, you can be reasonably careful, but so much you learn IN the relationship.

Unfortunately, you have to go ahead and fall in love and get serious - and still push for what you want, have the difficult decisions, and be ready to walk away. That's tough.

Yeah, by all means delay having kids and long term financial entanglements.

• Not sure how good your advice is as you advised avoiding divorced men based on one bad experience.

• I've never fallen in love with a real woman. I watch anime because real women are never like that.

• Good one

• "Love" is just a chemical reaction in your brain. Men, never let love go over your head, you will regret it deeply.

• I won't be sharing my assets. My 10mill inheritance is in a trust fund 👍🔥

• love isn't real

What Girls Said 7