What are the chances of someone changing their mind after they reject you?

Has this ever happened to anyone? Say you don't contact them at all, they know how you feel, and do find you physically attractive, what are the chances they will decide to give you a shot?

3642

Most Helpful Girl

• The odds of someone changing their mind after rejecting another seem to depend on three things...
    1.) How much pride they posses
    2.) What or who else is alluring them in life
    3.) If you made an impression on them

Something like that happened to me once. I was crazy over this unbearably, tiring complicated guy who couldn't figure out if he wanted a legitimate girlfriend or a hoe. He couldn't decide if he wanted to sink into pure, genuine, full-scale intimacy or if he wanted to dive into the intrigue of selfish, reckless, greedy, egotistical lust. He blatantly said he wasn't rejecting me, but it felt like he was because he was telling me that he didn't want to me with me. So, I cried for a bit then my friend reminded me of my capabilities :) I partied hard, sewed ballgowns, modeled, participated in a marathon, got straight A's and one month later after complete absence and exile from my life, he was begging like a pitiful, neglected puppy on an ASPCA commercial. :) Literately at my doorstep with my favorite Boston cream pie Milano cookies.

• That's awesome. Did you go out with him afterwards? I hope the same happens to me. I feel the same way that I have a lot going for me.. and it's only been a little over a week since we have not had contact so I know there is still time.

• I took him back later to find out that he was doing the same sneaky, shady, dramatic BS behind my back except in an even worse way. It ended with him getting smacked in the face.

However, we were in an actual relationship so it may be different if you just have a crush. We were in love so that situation is a bit more complex. What's your situation?

• We have mutual friends, have known each other for almost a year, and are attracted to each other. We have hooked up multiple times, which I'm sure did not help anything. We have a lot in common and get along well. I met him back in my party type days, which I don't really party anymore. It's complicated since I'm sure he thought I only wanted sex and was a slut, but I'm actually very monogamous and faithful. I guess you could call it a crush, except things did happen and the attraction isn't just one-sided. I never shared my feelings with him until a week ago.