What are the chances of someone changing their mind after they reject you?

Has this ever happened to anyone? Say you don't contact them at all, they know how you feel, and do find you physically attractive, what are the chances they will decide to give you a shot?

1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 42

What Girls Said 36

• This hasn't happend to me. The men who have rejected me are usually dead set in their opinon.

0|0
    0|0
  • Happens all of the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • None but maybe a little

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol this is exactly what I want to know too

0|0
    0|0
  • If you left a mark on him

0|0
    0|0
  • If i reject someone i never change my mind. I'm not an indecisive person , so once i make up my mind... that's final.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it really depends on the reason for the rejection. For example - a guy might reject you because of bad timing (just got out of a relationship, too many other things going on in his life) and I'd say in this case he could change his mind when the timing is better. He may also reject you if he feels inadequate - some guys seem to fear not having enough to keep the girl happy so will not get into a relationship at all for fear of getting hurt. He may mature and/or become more confident and could change his mind then. So I think it is possible for him to change his mind; however, keep your options open...

0|0
    0|0
    • I honestly don't know why he didn't share any feelings, and I didn't ask him. I think I waited too long to tell him how I felt. I think he has some fear since he has been screwed over by other women and "used" by people. I'm just using the no contact rule right now and am hoping since he is used to me texting him often, that he will start to miss me and eventually reach out now that he knows how I feel. I'm not relying on it though, but rather hoping for the best.

• It's really hard to guess what is going on and sometimes I think what you do will have little influence either way - they have to work on whatever their issue is themselves.

• One guy did it to me. I gave him a second chance bc he said he wanted to be friends. He then said he wanted to go on a date with me. He stoode up and ignored me for the rest of the year.

0|0
    0|0
  • To be honest if you guys haven't talked at all it's pretty slim.

0|0
    0|0
    • No we've talked a lot. We know each other fairly well.

• From my experience, the chances are very slim. They might think what would have been if they'd said yes but that's all. No regrets, cause they wouldn't have rejected you if they'd like you. Sorry.

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess it comes down to the people and the situation.
    This happened with me and my boyfriend aha.
    The first time he asked me out I rejected him cuz I said I felt like I needed to get to know him a bit better first. We stopped talking for a while after cuz I guess it wasn't exactly the most comfortable situation. But I really did mean it when I said I wanted to get to know him, so I'd try talking to him as friends. A year after we start talking again, and I got to know him better. Then he asked me out again and yeah, been together for about a year and half now.

0|0
    0|0
  • I had this happen to me. They came to drop some stuff off. They couldn't even look me in the eye. Then a week later suddenly they had found something else and wanted to drop it off. This was a few weeks after we broke up. We then sat and spoke to each other. I was acting confident and happy. They started trying to talk about where it ha gone wrong. They said they were sorry and did I think it could work out. They had slept with a couple girls as a rebound and had planned to have a date with another soon but said if we were to give it another go they would cancel. Fast forward a year and they have been hot and cold with me since. Had actually been seeing a girl when we had broken up (perhaps even after) and carried on talking to her. As well as sexting other women. On and off ever since we were back together. Then I found out a few weeks ago and they dumped me a week ago when we were on holiday saying they didn't have the energy to try anymore or try to fix it. So my dear. Be quite sure you would take this person back. Think of the reaons behind rejection. If you can truly see a long term attraction and stregnth from both parties to work at it, as relaionships have real tough patches. If someone rejects once, they will find it easy to do again.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm possibly going through this right now. It's kinda complicated though. He friend zoned me, I accepted it and moved on (started talking to other guys and a date or two), but we continued to talk to each other and hang out as friends. he is coming around.

But I don't consider our circumstances typical. He recently has been going through something emotionally, and our friendship has been very unusual from the beginning.

2|0
    0|0
    • I am in your position. I have a guy friend who I have become close to that has somewhat rejected me, but also acts like he wants to be something more. Like you are relationship was different from the beginning.

• Yeah-in my case, to make the situation more complicated, I don't even know what I want. We make logical sense and are very compatible but even my feelings aren't strong-even though things are completely effortless with him-there just are no butterflies. It's the most bizarre relationship I have ever been in.

• Lol yes, I rejected the same guy twice and now I regret doing it...

0|0
    0|1
    • Why did you reject him? And why do you regret now?

• Show All
    • Pretty sure she must have made him feel he wasn't good enough for her. I think he deserves better.

• I'm sure he's over it by now, okay?

• men have way too much pride...

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes