When a guy says he wants to be friends with benefits?

Im not experienced when it comes to dating, in fact I just had my first kiss. I know he expected more but i said no, he didn't pressure me or anything, but he did say he wanted to be just friends with benefits. His reason was because we work together. I'm confused, I've known this guy for about a year and I've always thought he would be the type to want a relationship, not just sex. In no way do I want to put him down, if that's what he wants then that's fine for him, but it's not what I want. I've been told by someone that what he said was loud and clear, that if I want more than sex I shouldn't persue anything. Another friend told me that I should give it a shot, maybe it'll evolve into something else. I'm so confused and unexpireneced I don't know what to do. Was his excuse a cop out or am I just overreacting? I could really use some advice.

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Friends with benefits is everything in a relationship without the feelings. If you catch feelings then it'll be more than friends with benefits and that's a no no because that's not a friends with benefits anymore. But your other friend that told you that it could evolve into something else and while that may be true and a possibility, it's unlikely. Usually friends with benefits is based on getting your needs met while being friends and not falling for each other. He said he's not interested in a relationship so that right there goes to show that that conflicts with what you want. Conflicting views means you shouldn't pursue this with him. It'll only make you fall deeper in the rabbit hole.

Most Helpful Girl

• You should give it a chance expecting it to evolve into something more. If you don't want to be involved in something like that, you need to end it.

What Guys Said 3

• Don't do it. Most of the time friends with benefits don't work out cause some point down the line, someone catches feelings while the other person doesn't & ruins it. Also what if in this friends with benefits stuff he starts dating someone & you get jealous; someone always gets hurt in that situation. If you do it hoping he'll want a relationship, how long will you wait for that to happen? And when he does decides he wants a relationship, what if he chooses someone else?

• Its pretty clear. He just wants a buddy to have sex with on the call. He doesn't want to be attached in a relationship and since you guys are co workers he feels it will be easy for calling you for sex

• He doesn't think your good enough for a relationship maybe even to be seen together in public as a couple but just wants to use you for sex. He doesn't think you are good enough for him. Sorry to be blunt.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!