When it comes to dating is lack of ambition a turn off?

• It's ok
  • Turn off
  • Deal breaker
    Vote C
Just to clarify I don't mean to the extreme of staying home all day more like being content with a low end job. Personally it's a turn off I need a travel buddy someone I can see the world with. Not a broke hoe!
The vast majority of people lack ambition the numbers in the polls don't add up. it makes me wounder how many how voted deal break/turn off lack ambition themselves or just want a guy to take care of them. Be honest with yourselfs!!

2218

Most Helpful Girl

• It is a turn off. I don't need a guy to have a seven-year university plan with intentions of working for 6 figures by any means, but someone who is content with doing NOTHING just says that they don't care about the future and they don't care about themselves.

• 🤔 6k a month? That's pretty good higher then average how much do you expect him to make 100k a year?

• The way you structured your original sentence, it could be interpreted entirely differently. Just saying. Now I will shut up. I simply can't spend energy arguing with someone so incredibly hot.

Most Helpful Guy

• Women who are looking for a potential spouse are usually looking for a man with ambition because they want to know that he will be able to support the family when she is at home taking care of the children. Living the rest of your life with a guy whose greatest accomplishment is reaching Level 25 on a video game doesn't sound too exciting!

• It makes her a hypergamous prostitute.

• I meant you both have things to offer each other. I feel like so many men are quite cynical about this. I don't want to have to depend on anyone to that extent, I'd rather know that I can manage my own life just fine, but both can build a better one together as a team.

• I agree, but I'll add that I think a woman can also have the ambition to be a great mother to her children, and keeping a good home environment. I'm not there yet but I'm looking forward to raising kids with my husband soon.

What Girls Said 21

• huge turn off.

• It's a deal breaker. Starts as a turn off but I'm speaking for ambition personally. I don't care how much you make, you just need to be able to support yourself and you need to have dreams. I dated a guy who was 23, working at McDonald's since he was 17, and no plans to change. Also high school dropout who would get his GED "someday". I broke up with him when I found out he cheated on me with someone the whole time anyways, nasty man hoe.

• Deal breaker. I'm pretty ambitious myself so he may get annoyed with my prioritization of my schooling, career goals, and my wish to travel. I'm not saying that I'd push him to the back of my mind but he may feel like he has to compete for my time and energy which would be the truth. Especially if we want 2 completely different lives. I'd also probably feel somewhat frustrated if he started to undermined my efforts like some of the less ambitious people I know. I've had a few people tell me I'm wasting my time, energy, etc and it annoys me.

• Yes, that would be a turn off to me. I want someone who is motivated, has goals, and is willing to work to meet those goals.

• Ultimate deal breaker, no way in hell can I interlace my ambitious/determined energy with someone who is content with sitting at home all day staring at the wall. It's fine if he doesn't have a job yet/is looking - but at least have dreams/goals and be actively trying to pursue them otherwise you're just a lazy ass loser and I can't see a future with that.

• Riiiiight. Because a man who is content and happy with where he is in his life is some couch potato, eating ice cream, jealous of athletic looking bodies on tv, and complaining about how they can't get a guy... oh wait... are we talking about men? or a coach potato woman?

It is amazing how quick a woman is to judge a man if he says he is not ambitious. She immediately stereotypes such a guy as jobless or some couch bum. Why? Because she subconsciously views 'ambitious' from the context of a gold digger wanting money and status. It cannot even fathom in her mind that a guy who is a construction worker making $50,000/year may not want to be the Manager of the company. He might have a good job, is hard working, and is content with his current circumstance. Many of the women commenting are so blinded by the dollar sign that they can't picture a guy like this.

• @Apope16 Oh shut the fuck up you lazy ass bum. go get a job.

• Hell yes; even ambition in the relationship. I want someone who wants more from life than drinking and clubbing; someone who is always looking to improve themselves everyday, through the smallest things up to the bigger things 😊

• So, is there any form of ambition that does not involve more money or a better job that you would like out of a man?

• It would be a major dealbreaker but the definition of a lack of ambition differs from person to person.

If you're happy doing what you do and you're good at it and can live fairly well from the income it produces - I'm fine with that. Whatever it is, unless it is illegal

But if you have no ambition - I'll be turned off. Ambition is a top trait that attracts me to a potential partner

• For me it's an absolute deal breaker. I'm a very active person, I love hitting the gym, learning new things and traveling. I don't need someone who earns much money as I have a well-paid job myself, but I would like to end up with someone who is working towards *some* goal in life or has something he is embrassingly passionate about. <3

• A turn off and a deal breaker for me.

• Women are hypergamous and want a future provider, they won't accept lack of ambition because it means that the guy won't make substantial money for her and future offspring. It's a basic form of prostitution. Look at the results, men say it's ok, while for women it's a turn off or a deal breaker.

• You think prostitutes aren't sometimes richer and more accomplished than their clients? The guy doesn't need you to be a future money making prospect in order to sleep with you! But it's prerequisite for you. A poor unemployed guy can't afford your pussy.

• @bekkesmash you're laughable. just stop talking to me please :) thanks

• Huge turn off. They don't need to be raking in the cash but they do need to have some type of goal or ambition even if it's as simple as becoming the manager at a local store, but it needs to be something.

• Why you gotta be a manger they get a shitty raise, stress and much more responsibility.

• Majority of the the cons out weigh the pro's I use to work at Safeway and supervisor to manager was a $1 raise. At my current job my position could even make more money then the managers. All it's good for is to boss people around and a fancy tittle

• I was more or less just using it as an example of a "smaller" ambition. Nobody has to be a manager. I just want a partner to have some sort of long term goal in mind. An electrician who is looking to upgrade their skills is another good example. Building up the family farm, having a family, going to school, getting a technical trade those are all valid goals. You just need to have something that get's you out of bed in the morning. Money isn't the main focus for me I just want them to have some sort of ambition.

• I tried being with someone with no ambition and it bothered me so much. I broke up with him because of it. Definitely a dealbreaker.

• Of course, why choose to not improve

• @bekkesmash I don't accept anyone who doesn't want to improve, not just guys

• Absolutely.
    If we're on a date and all you can talk about is how much you hate your life and things can't get any better, then I'm convinced you're a dud.

• if he is a couch potato, yeah it's a turn off

• Shit, I have to work on it... My English teacher keeps calling me a couch potato. She also calls me a lazy toad and a fuckin' tourist 😂

• @Kovnica lol all the best

• Depends on the level of lack of ambition. I'm not a super ambitious person but would still like to move up in my career.
    I don't mind if he doesn't want to be at the top rank at his job but he shouldn't want to settle for the bottom either.

• Yes bc everyone needs to at least know what they wanna do in their life

• Ambition equals drive and passion which I like. And if you lack those traits we're a mismatch.

• Try prove me wrong with something other than "he's wrong".

• @RJGraveyTrain thank you =) I blocked him. I think he spammed all the female opinions with his cynical attitude. 😂😂

• yeah it's actually a deal-breaker for me

• I know why I'm single , right on the spot !

• Yes definitely

• It's not so much that they need to be on the grind every single day making big things happen all the time, but when they are just like, you know whatever man, I just do what I do, and that's literally nothing, I can't see how that can help our future together. I want to accomplish things in my life and I work towards those things, and I'd want that in a partner. I'd want him to want me to have ambition because he has dreams for him and our future as well. So lack of ambition is a total deal breaker for me.

What Guys Said 17

• Massive turn off.

Who wants a girl or guy who just sits at home doing nothing with their life and is not good at ANYTHING?

• I doesn't have to be extreme what if she's content being a clerk at a grocery store or a tiller at the bank? Massive turn off or tolarent?

• Not a complete deal breaker, but she better be quite attractive and a genuinely nice person. You can make up for one thing with others.

• Girls are looking for how you'll support her and her lifestyle the way she is accustomed, along with her many offspring. If you lack ambition you'll not get to first base. Guaranteed.

Unless of course, she's one of these booty-call girls that are so popular in here. [shrug] Then they don't care, they're just wanting a pump and dump. :)

• Its a turn off because for women money is the mist IMPORTANT quality.

The use code words like ambition, vision, stability, so people dont think they are gold diggers. On a dating site a chic pulled the word ambition as something she wanted. With prodding ahe admitted it was more about money. Wealth.

• Well, define ambitious. If being a good mother to your future children is ambitious, then please go ahead and be ambitious. If ambition means making a career and nothing can stop you from compromising, then I'd actually say I don't even like ambition in my partner.

• I love to procrastinate.

• Definitely a turn off. I like when a woman has a goal and a passion.

• What percentage of the population lacks ambition?

• I'm not a super ambitious person but i think at least some; all we need to have to move anything and relationship it's not different.

• literally doesn't matter, you got looks and charm? you have the chick
    you got money? she's yours... the only thing you do with ambition is shove it in your ass (not you personally lol ), its useless if you have something better

• Completely so

• Hell I don't even want a friend with no ambitions

• This makes me sad because I'm lost at life rn

• sure

• Because I'm intelligent and ambitious myself, I want similar in a partner. Simples.

• There is study about that

• I don't get it either, real men have to be comfortable with themselves and have zero self doubt, at their peak, which means there's no room to improve. I don't get how they expect a guy to be at his peak but still go higher than that.