Would you date an overweight girl/guy if you liked her/his personality?

Would you still date an overweight or fat girl/guy if you like her/his personality? Why or why not? Or looks matter too or looks more important?

• Yes
    73%(144)71%(384)Vote69%(240)
  • No
    27%(54)29%(160)Vote31%(106)

Most Helpful Guy

• I’ve dated some overweight girls because they carry themselves well or know how to highlight their looks effectively which makes the difference.

I don’t mind it but it really depends if she’s amazing on the personality and makes herself look elegant then I’m sticking with her

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on how overweight. Obese - no. Slightly above normal weight - yes. A little more meat on the belly is pretty comfortable for cuddling :3

What Guys Said 108

• As long as it’s not hugely overweight sure... like at 5’6 anything under 160lbs is fine.

• Yes. Depends on how overweight though. Chuby is fine. Thick is fine. Very obese is not.

• The reason is 2 fold. 1. Personality matters more. And 2. Im a big dude myself so I feel like that would make me a dick if I said no

• Yes I would date a girl/ women if they was bigger than whats classed as average.
    But everybody puts pressure into looking good rather than being a good decent person instead.
    As long as I love them for them.
    None of their insecurities matter to me personally.
    But can a girl/ women do the same for guys?
    Doubt it.
    Cause if a guy is considered fat/ ugly happens to stay single without even trying. Like me for example...
    I ain't good enough for no girl/ women cause I don't have the looks/ attributes they go for.
    I have feelings to, I am f**king human after all.
    I ain't even fat or skinny, I'm f**king normal I'd like to think.
    Girls/ women have all the power when it comes to dating guys.
    Guys like me don't even get the time of day.

• I have to disagree. I would date a guy for his personality. Looks don't matter. I think it just depends on the girl.

• Can those who dis-liked my comment, can you at least say why?
      Because this was my genral opinion from my point of view when it comes to dating in genral.
      Would girls/ women date guys who are overweight them selves?
      Cause I constantly get rejected based on 'looks', yet I have probably the best personality compared to some guys.
      But it don't seem fair girls/ women want to be accepted the way they are but can't do the same for guys like me.

• I'm amazed at all the people who voted "yes." Attraction is what leads to a relationship. Without it, you ain't going anywhere. It may seem appealing at first if you're lonely and desperate, but years from now? You will regret your decision.

• Overweight yes, obese no

• Depends on how much overweight. A little overweight is not a problem but too much is not healthy.
    Looks and personality both are important. Being too fat and not trying to lose it indicates that she doesn't take care of herself. And it's kinda hard to care for someone who doesn't care about herself.

• I wouldn't.

1. I find it physically unnattractive. I don't expect or even want a girl who is runway model thin, but fat is gross to me.

2. Most women gain weight when they get into a relationship so even if she is somewhat attractive despite being fat, she will probably get a lot fatter within a year or two.

3. Fat women are hypocrites. They expect thin guys to overlook their weight and give them a chance when they wouldn't do the same for a fat guy.

• I don't mind if she's a little overweight. But if she's morbidly obese than no

• I've met a lot of big women with great personalities, but I wouldn't date them. Most big women are big because they don't like working out. You can come at me and tell me that people have weight problems, and that may be true, but you can always do something about it. I've seen people go from weighing 400 lbs to 170 lbs. It's entirely possible to lose weight, but it really depends on you.

My last girlfriend told me that she used to be 350, but she decided to dedicate her life to being healthy and she lost over 200 pounds and is now a fitness instructor.

I take care of myself, and I appreciate it when a woman takes care of herself as well. If you don't like working out, being fit and leading a healthy lifestyle, it won't work between us.

• Yes, we'll be friends but, it depends we might date or not. I'll just tell her that she is my friend, I can get a lot of girls but, I like her. So, if she likes me, she'd have work hard and get back in shape.
    Because, she probably won't accept me as a fat guy if she was fit.

• "Overweight" does not mean "ugly", so your question is a bit moot. A person can be chubby and attractive at the same time.

• Which features we finds attractive is also depending on the person. I've a preference for slim and fit people.

• Depends on how overweight, but then again, right now I am overweight, so I have no room to be a hypocrite. That is why I am on a fitness journey. If I expect my lady to take care of her body, well then it only makes sense to take care of my own.

• A woman's age weight or body size doesn't define who she is, its her personality that defines her
    As long as she is of legal age of consent and healthy there is no reason to not take a chance and get to know about her just because she is either younger or older, skinny or BBW

• LOL love how women lie about this shit... no women would date such a guy only if he's got the cash... at least i'm glad to seem most men say what they feel

• Fat girls have the highest standards out of any other women. So even if most of us wanted to they would reject us.

• Depends, there's overweight and there's obese. Overweight maybe, obese unlikely.

• I voted no but love is an involuntary reflex. The heart wants what the heart wants. But the hard on wants what every hard on wants a fit beautiful, promiscous girl! I am very particular. At this juncture of my life I don't have the time or the inclination to get into a sexless, loveless relationship. So I'm different and carry myself differently. I certainly wouldn't belittle her or anyone else for that matter. I have only love in my heart. I know what I want and there is no chance of compromise. My life has been a long parade of blonde haired, blue eyed, big busted, bimbos with especially promiscuous proclivities. It's quite frankly the only type suitable to my lifestyle.

• I actually prefer fat women as long as they carry themselves well and seem like they take good care of themselves. I would still date a skinny woman, or a seriously obese woman, if she was really nice and likeable and was into the same stuff I am. Yes looks matter, but I'm not picky about what size of women can look good.

• I would and have, I like curvy girls and overweight/ chubby are included. It all comes down to personality though.

• Well I prefer bigger women so this would not be a problem for me at all.

• Overweight, yes. Obese, no. I don't want a life partner who will have terrible repercussions with her health later in life or even die sooner rather than later.

• I don't mind a little weight. I would actually much rather, because they won't be so high maintenance.

Knowing that I have imperfections, I am MUCH more likely to approach someone else with other imperfections. :)

• Definitely. Plus plenty of overweight women are beautiful. (Plus I'm no model myself, and we can both exercise/diet together.)

• I honestly prefer overweight women. Visually, I find them more attractive and they feel nicer in bed. I know, weird coming from a bodybuilder. I'm 7% bodyfat. Someone needs some cushion somewhere. Skinny girls don't feel as good.

• Depends how overweight. Overweight can be an indicator of not looking after oneself (and before any haters jump in, I know it's not the only cause of overweight) which is an issue for me.

• Absolutely!!! But I hope she maintains/improves her health, so that she's not dying so young. What's the point of being with someone if you aren't going to last?

• I already have once. She was self centered, bad tempered, aggressive with deep down obvious hatred for men, used the crap out of me said I was temporary until something better came along, she found my faults but never saw hers. She kept gaining weight, (which had nothing to do with our breakup) trying to make me jealous all the time for no reason. Been there done that no.

• I've done that before, sometimes its easier than other times to forgive excessive body fat when given someone whose nice to you with similar interests & a significant degree of intelligence.

• I would but unless I work near her and am forced to interact or she does something interesting it's not likely I would find out enough about her personality to date her regardless of weight I'm Far more likely to approach the more attractive skinny or average girls just by looks.

• honestly , no. I don't need a swimsuit model, but at least be a healthy weight.

• More from Guys
    78

What Girls Said 55

• Personally, no. If it's a bit of pudge, fine, but full-blown overweight just isn't what I'm into. I need to be physically attracted to the person I'm with.

• If i liked his face and still found him attractive sure i would.
    Long as i can see attractiveness in a person it doesn't bother me.

• If I was attracted to him then sure. But I'm not going to date someone I'm not attracted to just because he's a nice guy.

• Well... come on, the girl in your pic isn't overweight. She has tits and untrained arms at best.

Show a middle body pic if you want a true answer. My answer is yes, though only to a certain degree. I've dated a bigger guy around 200 something with submuscular fat and some above muscle fat. We was able to run and be active enough so it worked.

He did carry a hanky for sweat on hikes. Overweight yes but obese would be harder because of life constraints. You can't have a normal life and be obese.

• Mate.. i didn't put this picture!
      GAG administrators did.
      I shouldve uploaded pictures on my own. Ughhhh

• @Anon-ymous1 she has overly drawn pout lips, bobs and an arm that at this angle I can't tell if it is muscle or what.

Hip to waist ratio decides attractiveness and healthiness. Fat ratio decides who's overweight. This pic doesn't say much other than she isn't a stick. Her face isn't fat.

I really can't say without seeing her middle body.

• @sjoes006
      Good point, we would need to see all of her to get a better idea of the whole picture, but what I see here is definitely on the verge of overweight.

• Why are people so dishonest though? Like what do you get out of telling people their weight is just a number and that it doesn't matter, when you in reality would never give an overweight person the time of the day?

• I always ask this question lol The world we live in now we have to be extra careful not to offend anyone lest you get a target on your back "just like they do"

• I don't think I could honestly, no matter how great his personality if I was not sexually attracted to him it would not work in the long run. I might try it, but I don't think it would last as I simply do not find that attractive.

• I naturally am attracted more to skinny guys so for me, I dont see myself being attracted to a overweight person. Also fitness is quite a important part of my life. I value being healthy and fit so I feel like we may not have that common if he is overweight.

• Whatever! Yet you expect men to find you attractive no matter what shape you end up in the future.

• I have the right to be mad and I'll act as I please!

• You are 41 and act like a child who cannot get his way. Not everyone will find everyone else attractive. At your age I thought you would know this.

• I like chubby guys/dad bods. Means my man likes to eat! And I'd love to cook for him and hang out and eat with him.

• I think it comes down to if you find them physically attractive as well cause you cannot have a relationship if there isn't that kind of attraction

• I would date a chubby guy but overweight? Depends. I wouldn't date an obese guy. But if he is slightly overweight, then sure.

• being friends & going out, sure.
    date? no. why would i give him hope when it wouldn't work out simple cos my lifestyle?

but first, define overweight. a little extra is no problem. having a lot extra weight, is.
    like the girl on your pic here, is normal with a bit of extra by me

• Slightly overweight/ chubby is okay. But it isn't something I typically go for. I find myself more attracted to tall skinny guys for some unknown reason. Just something I noticed over the years.

• No I wouldn't be able to. I'm a firm believer in nature doing it's thing and the way you look is an outward representation of your genetics. So theoretically, someone who is better looking/more symmetrical/more fit has more desirable genetics than others. The whole point is to produce strong, healthy offspring that can eventually grow up and have no problems finding a mate and producing strong healthy offspring of their own.

It's not mean, it's instinct. Men seem to be a little more flexible than others because they are wired to reproduce as much as they possibly can, also instinct.

• Think about it. For a long time being overweight was a sign of beauty because it meant that that person can aquire enough food. Only in the last one, two hundred years this changed. So by nature you should be attracted to overweight people, and only our society changed that, because you grew up learning different beauty ideals.

• @Sucram overweight and looking well fed are two totally different things. Well fed and strong are desirable. Overweight is not in my opinion

• I have already done so plenty of times. And they were the sweetest and most protective people I ever knew.

• Nope

• No...

• Dating a guy that's overweight is fine, just not my preference? Nothing to do with the extra weight, I just don't want to experience a sick partner due to any number of illnesses. A dad-bod is fine with me

• Yes honestly now i am and at first i wasn't attracted to his looks bc he's a bit chubby and that's not normally what i go for but he wasn't really over weight or fat just his face is chubby but as i started to love him.. I don't how it happen but i suddenly got attracted to everything about him and never want to let him go. ❤

• Absolutely. Personality carries more weight than a perfect body might.

• I did.
    N I didn't care about how fat he is.
    Never even discussed it with him.
    However he shed weight so that he could look good with me cz I was on the slimmer side.
    Adore him <3

• Maybe overweight, but I don't think I could date a fat guy. I tried since he was a nice guy and had a good personality, but I couldn't get physically attracted to him.

• Not if he's overweight at an unhealthy level.

• I want someone that puts the same interest into their health as i do. If you dont care to lose weight when you know you need to then i can't like you. Health is important.

• For me political views come first and foremost. Find someone that is mature, logical and open to debate if you do not share political views. I am a newlywed and the most important deciding factor for husband material for me was politics. After that personality (encompasses his interactions with others including family), looks (encompasses what our future children would look like with our combined visible genetics).

• No, i'm personally fit and I do look out for someone who is also fit.
    When I meet someone who is overweight, I see the person either as a friend or nothing. Depending on their personality

• but... exercise can change the body structure... unless he isn't suffering from any disease!!! @melanieeeB

• Yeah sure, the person could start exercise, but he will probably never keep up with me

• weight doesn't always have to do with everything. People always think that because your chubby or someone is fat they can't get a man or a lul lady. Weight does not define a person for heaven sake.

• Sure. I've been attracted to overweight guys before.

• Mmm... yes. But I have to like love his personality.

• Yes I would, don't mind some extra pounds.

• I would for sure. I don’t like skinny or muscular guys.

• More from Girls
    25